It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 GOP Senators announce they are not ready to support the Senate Obamacare replacement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Rand Paul, Ron Johnson, Mike Lee, Ted Cruz. That leaves only 48 votes so far. They say the bill in its current form does not dismantle Obamacare as much as they like. Unlike the House bill which ties subsidies to age, the Senate bill ties subsidies to income, as does Obamacare. Methinks they'll have to change subsidy to tie with age and then they'll be age to pass in the Senate and then in the House to be signed by Trump.

www.cnbc.com...
edit on 22-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
They'll want it to be harsher and more draconian before signing off, most likely.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

edit on 6/22/2017 by angeldoll because: redundant

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If one can not see the difference between this and the passage of that failure called the ACA, they are wearing some very good blinders.
Remember Pelosi talking about passing it so we could find out what was in it?

Here we have a group of politicians that are not going to pass something just because someone says that they must do it.
Maybe they want something that will work.
I am all for moving slowly if it helps get a better bill in the end.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

It'll never get passed, nor signed into law IMHO. If it does, it will be as much a disaster as Obamacare, if not worse and it will galvanize the leftist opposition across the entire country. And if it does pass, a lot of people like me who didn't vote for Trump except as a vote against Hilary won't support him in 2020. The backlash in 2018 will be palpable and rightfully, the Repukes will lose either the Senate or the House and it'll be back to gridlock as in bipartisan gridlock as opposed to just single party gridlock which is what you get with the Republicans.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The GOP is backing away from this travesty. 18 isn't that far away and this could finish them.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It wasn't mean enough for them... lol

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
These guys are conservajerks, what about the so-called moderates. Do they like this death bill too ?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

It'll never get passed, nor signed into law IMHO. If it does, it will be as much a disaster as Obamacare, if not worse and it will galvanize the leftist opposition across the entire country. And if it does pass, a lot of people like me who didn't vote for Trump except as a vote against Hilary won't support him in 2020. The backlash in 2018 will be palpable and rightfully, the Repukes will lose either the Senate or the House and it'll be back to gridlock as in bipartisan gridlock as opposed to just single party gridlock which is what you get with the Republicans.

I like that Repuks; I'm going to use that with my conservajerk--fitting appellation.

The Repuke conservajerks

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think we can rest assured that Trump only pays lip service to his faithful; when in reality this health care bill will still only benefit the for profit medi industry. Including the insurance corps, big pharma, and for profit hospitals.

It's just business.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
$50 billion tax payer dollars to prop up the Obama exchanges.
Wonderful.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
$50 billion tax payer dollars to prop up the Obama exchanges.
Wonderful.

Actually the $50 billion is to prop up the health insurance companies. Without it, none would participate...like what we're seeing now.

But the government wouldn't have to do this, if the 10 "Essential" Benefits and Pre-Existing Condition coverage wasn't mandated.

I hope the new AHCA allows the free-market again. Those who are turned down can get on single-payer government Medicaid. (aka Bernie's plan)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Those 4 Senators say that only minor tweaks will bring them onboard.
1. Even the Democrats realize that ObamaCare is failing horribly.
2. No Republicans want to be seen as LOSERS... for the first time this decade.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Fifth one says Medicaid expansion should not be stopped.

www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 23-6-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join