It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings." of Comey Conversation

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

That's a new one.. Trump tampered with the investigation by goading someone to tell the truth.

So you admit that Comey was telling the truth when he said that Trump was trying to establish a patronage relationship by threatening his job, a threat he later made good on when Comey did not stop the investigation of Flynn. Is that your idea of #winning?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Yes. Yes they are.

We weren't the ones who elected an idiot into office.
You know the guy who is a habitual liar, doesn't seem to realize where he is or what is going on most days or a person who constantly puts his foot into his mouth.

That guy.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: thetruth2017

originally posted by: DbDraad

originally posted by: kurthall

Why the hell would trump tweet something like that??? To make you not believe Comey..PLAIN AND SIMPLE....Comey did not give a damn if there were tapes...LORDY I HOPE THERE ARE TAPES....Also the ex DHS Chief backs up what Comey was saying...I will take Comey and the DHS Chiefs word over trump any day....you just keep your head in the sand, but you will have to come up for air sometime, and when you do, you will be gasping.

I would have thought it would be obvious - to make sure Comey did not lie.
I am already trying to catch my breath from laughing too much, but I fear I will laugh myself to death once the realisation hits liberals that there isn't going to be any action against the President.

Stating the obvious seems to be going over some heads here. Are all the left so stupid?

So your saying Comey did not lie due to Trumps hint at tapes, so Trump is guilty of tampering with the investigation?

That's a new one.. Trump tampered with the investigation by goading someone to tell the truth. Brilliantly creative, I must admit. Surely that must be impeachable?!

Oh man I need a beer. These Libs are so desperate now I can't stop laughing.

You have to give them some credit for the creation of new 'crime's' though. By the end of Summer it will be an impeachable offence to have one's tie hanging too low.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: carewemust

All media is banned. The press will now only report what the Whitehouse says.
No questions allowed.
All other sources of information will be labeled as fake.
All non fiction books not approved by the Whitehouse will be banned or moved to the fake non fiction section of the library.
All school programs will teach only Whitehouse approved curriculums.
All dems AKA obstructionist will be locked in detention camps.

There... the world the way you want it.

See, everyone? Hyperbolic bullspit! That's the left for you, shallow one-layered thinkers, that have no common sense and run wild with crap spewing out of their mouths as they regurgitate stupid stuff.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I find it absolutely hilarious the leaps and bounds the Trumpkins go to defend his idiocy. LOL

I absolutely love the spin they do. Then we get the name calling, the "what about Obama/Clinton" or the you can't take his words seriously or he is new. LOL
edit on 22-6-2017 by thetruth2017 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

See, everyone? Hyperbolic bullspit! That's the left for you, shallow one-layered thinkers, that have no common sense and run wild with crap spewing out of their mouths as they regurgitate stupid stuff.

Clearly that isn't true. If it were, we'd have all voted for Trump and you'd be starring our posts and telling us how smart we are.

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

So are you suggesting he was just looking out for Comey???

The guy he just fired and let him find out about it by watching it on the news.

The same guy who he admitted he fired because it was putting pressure on him.

The same guy who he fired right after he wasn't able to get him to pledge loyalty to him and who he was trying to get to drop his investigation into someone else???

Trump wasn't looking out for Comey or warning him to be honest in his testimony. Trump knows Comey is honest. Trump knows that Trump is the one up to something.

Whatever has you convinced that Trump is this saint who's just out to do good here is beyond me. You've completely sold out any and all worthy principles I can think of in doing so. He's doing nothing but appoint billionaire elites to the highest offices. He's been soaking the people for his own personal wealth creation. He's enriched his friends and family and donors with anything they want. Given nothing but lies to the entire poor and middle working class. I could keep going but at what point does it matter?? You're lost in a place I can't even begin to reach you at.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There is an absolute disconnect between reality and the polarised opinions that can be seen in this thread.

To any lurkers out there who may not actually live in the US I can say categorically that the average American (I do speak to quite a few) is not actually so polarised and is generally either judging these events on their merits or...eating a donut.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

That's a new one.. Trump tampered with the investigation by goading someone to tell the truth.

So you admit that Comey was telling the truth when he said that Trump was trying to establish a patronage relationship by threatening his job, a threat he later made good on when Comey did not stop the investigation of Flynn. Is that your idea of #winning?

Comey was saying how he felt. That is the truth of how he felt, not the truth of what was said.
We got the details of what he said and - after his testimony - yes a big win for Trump with a lot of disappointed liberals, especially after the previous day's disappointment they had to face too.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You have to give them some credit for the creation of new 'crime's' though.

Ahem:

Witness tampering is the act of attempting to alter or prevent the testimony of witnesses within criminal or civil proceedings. Laws regarding witness tampering also apply to proceedings before the U.S. Congress, executive departments, and administrative agencies. To be charged with witness tampering in the United States, the attempt to alter or prevent testimony is sufficient. There is no requirement that the intended obstruction of justice be completed

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So what followers of the Orange idiots are saying was he wanted to make sure Comey told the truth by hinting there are tapes and he told the committee that Trump tried to influence the investigation, are you guys now saying Comey told the truth and Trump is guilty of trying to tamper with the investigation?

How did you arrive at "tamper with the investigation"? Comey never said that.

Well trying to get Comey to drop investigation is tampering with investigations.

tamper
#4 seems to fit

to engage in underhand or corrupt dealings, especially in order to influence improperly

Your word tamper is completely misapplied. Ther is nothing corrupt, underhanded or improper about telling someone that they should be truthful. Most of us have been told that growing up. The reminder that the conversation was possibly recorded was just added emphasis on why one should be truthful. Actually mighty fair minded and helpful of the President to offer such advice.

Further, what's so laughable is that is is even a topic and it is yet another example how there is no actionable issue that the D's have regarding the President.

link   

We got the details of what he said

What he said made it clear why he felt Trump was trying to threaten him. The situation and words spoken were clearly intended to threaten. Deal with it.

link   

I asked you a question, and then reiterated my question. Any confusion on that front is more your own lack of reading comprehension ability than it is a lack of clarity on my part.

Not that I expected Trump's waterboy to actually answer the question. You didn't disappoint, at least. Editing your comments after you get called on them, trying to turn it around on other members, and trotting out the ol' "I am rubber you are glue" defense. Dear Leader would be so damn proud.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hmm... so why would Trump reveal this? What is the end-game here? Could this be a bait and switch? Is he daring these people to commit perjury?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You have to give them some credit for the creation of new 'crime's' though.

Ahem:

Witness tampering is the act of attempting to alter or prevent the testimony of witnesses within criminal or civil proceedings. Laws regarding witness tampering also apply to proceedings before the U.S. Congress, executive departments, and administrative agencies. To be charged with witness tampering in the United States, the attempt to alter or prevent testimony is sufficient. There is no requirement that the intended obstruction of justice be completed

en.wikipedia.org...

Lol, good luck with that... I can see family members around the country being arrested for telling their sons, daughters, fathers and mothers... "Remember, tell the truth". Haul them in! They are stopping people lying under oath!!!

The funniest thing about liberal crack pot ideas is that they keep them up no matter how ridiculous

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: kurthall

Why the hell would trump tweet something like that??? To make you not believe Comey..PLAIN AND SIMPLE....Comey did not give a damn if there were tapes...LORDY I HOPE THERE ARE TAPES....Also the ex DHS Chief backs up what Comey was saying...I will take Comey and the DHS Chiefs word over trump any day....you just keep your head in the sand, but you will have to come up for air sometime, and when you do, you will be gasping.

I would have thought it would be obvious - to make sure Comey did not lie.
I am already trying to catch my breath from laughing too much, but I fear I will laugh myself to death once the realisation hits liberals that there isn't going to be any action against the President.

Stating the obvious seems to be going over some heads here. Are all the left so stupid?

So your saying Comey did not lie due to Trumps hint at tapes, so Trump is guilty of tampering with the investigation?

That's a new one.. Trump tampered with the investigation by goading someone to tell the truth. Brilliantly creative, I must admit. Surely that must be impeachable?!

Oh man I need a beer. These Libs are so desperate now I can't stop laughing.

You have to give them some credit for the creation of new 'crime's' though. By the end of Summer it will be an impeachable offence to have one's tie hanging too low.

Awh and leading to the infamous necktie party!

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

Ther is nothing corrupt, underhanded or improper about telling someone that they should be truthful.

He could have tweeted "I am confident Mr. Comey will tell the truth." Instead, he made a thinly veiled threat because he knew that honest testimony would be incriminating. Don't worry, I'm sure this will all be cleared up when Trump testifies under oath.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

He didn't say "tell the truth," he implied Comey was going to lie, and that Trump could prove it. Turns out he can't. Who is the liar now?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

We got the details of what he said

What he said made it clear why he felt Trump was trying to threaten him. The situation and words spoken were clearly intended to threaten. Deal with it.
Awwww poor wittle defenseless 6'7" FBI Director threatened by the big bad President. If you believe that you are so in the bag that it's a waste of time to discuss it.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I asked you a question, and then reiterated my question. Any confusion on that front is more your own lack of reading comprehension ability than it is a lack of clarity on my part.

Not that I expected Trump's waterboy to actually answer the question. You didn't disappoint, at least. Editing your comments after you get called on them, trying to turn it around on other members, and trotting out the ol' "I am rubber you are glue" defense. Dear Leader would be so damn proud.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join