It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wants to Keep New immigrants From Getting Welfare Which is Already Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The Hill

Trump went on another ego rally last night to a county he won bigly in, Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Among spewed alternate facts he proposed denying immigrants entitlements for five years. The problem is, that law already exists... for exactly the same amount of time, five years.

“The time has come for new immigration rules which say that those seeking admission into our country must be able to support themselves financially and should not use welfare for a period of at least five years,” Trump told a crowd in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, at the U.S. Cellular Center.

Link to PDF of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996

I'm left wondering if he's actually this stupid or is he going to try to claim credit for this law in the similar fashion of "No other President has passed so much legislation in such a short amount of time"?

This guy is such an embarrassment.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Impeachment time?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

On topic time?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
We have laws against illegal immigration too.
Are those laws broken or ignored?
Why should we assume this law is being enforced?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Aren't you glad he is trying to stop our tax dollars from being wasted on illegal criminals? Are the current laws actually stopping illegal invaders from bilking American taxpayers?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

When are people going to realize this man has no idea what the hell is going on....Now he wants the Mexico wall to be solar.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

On topic time?

Already a thread on this time?

HERE

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

When are people going to realize this man has no idea what the hell is going on....Now he wants the Mexico wall to be solar.

Now you Leftists are against green energy?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

There is also already a law against entering the country illegally. So why are we always having an immigration debate? Is it because the laws aren't being followed?

Yea maybe he didn't know its already a law, like I and millions of other people didn't know, and that just goes to show how useless that law is.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
GOOD FOR HIM!

Let's take care of OUR VETERANS and HOMELESS FIRST!

What part of we're broke beyond fixing don't you people get?

peace

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yeah, it has been a law for years. My son-in-law is an immigrant, and he could not get any assistance till he got legal status. But he married my daughter and they had kids and they got plenty of benefits from the government. They excluded him from collecting benefits, but at the same time figured part of his wage as belonging to him who was not qualified, so they got just as much or possibly more benefits in the end as they would have if they would have figured him in. You see, reducing his wage actually made them qualify when the total wage would have disqualified the family.

I know a lot of how this works because I actually saw how it works and read up on this stuff the daughter was telling me about. I did not believe it at first.

My son-in-law was actually legally in the country till he turned eighteen and ignored getting it done on his own after that. He has since gone through the legal channels to get resident alien status. He still cannot legally vote in Michigan, but that would not be a problem in other states. Once he gets his citizenship, he will be allowed to vote in Michigan.
edit on 22-6-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

A friend of mine worked in the CA welfare system, he reasoned if he exposed the corruption going on in the system the one ending in jail would be him so faced with the dilemma of ignoring or exposing the corruption he left the job.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I am wondering if he is trying to make a new law because the old has failed us. Maybe not but I am curious. It could be just another redundancy being used to make him look good but with stuff like this being in existence, of course he is going to get backlash. It all comes down to why he and his admin think it's necessary.

*edited to add*
So we have to question what his consideration (if any) were made about the old law and what his purpose with the new law is. Till we have these answers, this is a smear.
edit on 22-6-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

hopefully he will get the states to start obeying the laws like they make the citizens. don't be stupid thinking illegals are not getting wellfare from day one. not to mention medical at any hospital they never pay for that the U.S taxpayer picks up as well. why do you think they are so worried about healthcare for all? they are trying to help all the illegals here it has nothing to do with citizens. the only reason they made the healthcare law was to raise the rates and set a penalty for those who didn't have, so they can pay for the illegals.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I hope he tackles repealing Prohibition next. All of America could use a stiff drink.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Yes immigrants cant get benefits but the children born here can. So yes they can get medicaid, food stamps and such. I know this personally because my neighbor of 8 years has had 8 children all born in the states yet she is not legal, she gets housing, food stamps, medical (for her children) she just this year filled out the citizenship application i know cuz i helped her fill it out.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

This is nothing new.

Trump has been openly planning this since he took office.

And if this is already in effect as you claim, why are the immigrant enabling profiteers having a fit over it?

The administration would be seeking to "deny admission to any alien who is likely to become a public charge" and to develop standards for "determining whether an alien is deportable ... for having become a public charge within five years of entry" — receiving a certain amount of public assistance, including food stamps, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and Medicaid.

Immigration advocates reacted with outrage to the draft documents, warning that if enacted the executive orders could harm the U.S. citizen children of undocumented immigrants whose parents could be stripped of public assistance.

Read more: www.americanthinker.com... Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

edit on 22-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Kali are you supporting upholding our countries laws? Heck yeah!

Now if we could stop the illegal immigrants from coming in just think of the progress we could make and the money we could save.

Woohoo! Go TRUMP!

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Already posted. Please direct your comments here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join