It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Conservajerks reveal disgusting health care Bill

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: ketsuko

So our medical cost over 2X as much as the next industrialized nation and comes in #37 in medical outcomes, and you are concerned that a different system could be too corrupt.

Maybe I am the only one how sees a problem with that statement?

Different system? You are aware that the government runs quite a bit of our current one, right?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You mentioned medications being made by the govt. Of course that isn't gong to happen, we need to get the for profits put of the medical system. What parts are you concerned with ?

Every quarter they need to make more $$$$. So this is going to put upward pressure on the system.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   
If you are in your 50"s, the insurance companies can charge 5x's of younger people.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

You are aware that the government runs quite a bit of our current one, right?

the healthcare industry is a major player in our economy, is a top employer of many cities.
and, these gov't programs are providing a large section of that industry's customer base...
the system has been DEPENDENT on the gov't to at least help enough people who can't afford their services on their own to maintain stability, to continue research and development, to grow!! all yous are doing is arguing who should be left out of the loop this time... but make no mistake about it, your taxmoney will always be used to at least provide the industry enough customers to keep the system stabilized. unless of course, the continue passing bills without reading them, evaluating them and understanding how they will effect not just the individual people and healthcare system... but the entire economy!! if they pass bills just to pass bills, or to come up with money for big tax breaks for their friends, well... who knows, they might actually cause the loss of a million or so jobs!!

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Conservajerks, demonic, inhuman, kill

Pathetic and emotion-based dribble, just like your entire OP.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Join the die-in!

Just your usual SJWs to mock away, do it! No? Coward!

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The ACA would have had no other course than to evolve into a fairer system of health insurance/ care eventually.

Socialized (subsidized) anything operates at a loss for the good of the many, that's just the way it is since the majority of people want to pay taxes and let someone else worry about their being taken care of.

It costs money to be lazy...Like literally going into debt to pay for a brake job at $100 an hour to have done, when you can literally buy a book and read about how to do it for about $30, buy about $100 total in parts, and spend about a day off from work to do it.

Nobody, for the most part, wants to bother learning anything...

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Laws that purge children and old people tend to cause emotional dribble. I think the GOP stepped in it this time.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

so translate all that into something that is relevant to a premature baby that might run up a hospital bill close to 50,000 dollars...
ain't arguing that people taking measure to stay healthy wouldn't help, but you can take all the measure you want and you still risk something happening that will run you into a debt that you will not be able to pay in your lifetime..

especially if you are a 50 something who doesn't make enough to see you insurance premium increase by 300, 400, 500% or whatever the real number is.. they don't have that much time left to pay off that bill...

and then there's the fact that maternity care not be a mandated coverage or maybe it is, but the newborn baby isn't.... so that giant hospital bill for that premie will not have any coverage. and, oh, ya let's cut planned parenthood... and probably cut title x, so that women who isn't covered for maternity care has a harder time to coming up with EFFECTIVE birth control.

the problem with obamacare was that it did very little to reduce the cost of the actual healthcare, didn't to much to reduce the cost of the insurance either.... it just took money from the taxpayers that was used to help pay more money for it.... which enabled the companies to charge more money...
does the republican bill do anything in that area or are they afraid to go at the healthcare industy's profits also?

edit on 23-6-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Premature babies oftentimes grow into taxpaying adults.

People who unexpectedly get ill tend to go back to work eventually, even if in a reduced capacity from disability and once again feed taxes into the system.

The system as it is, is hinged upon active and able people to feed into the system while disregarding those who can't work or afford to pay for insurance.

The ACA relied upon forcing everyone to participate, which would have worked if the insurance companies and the health care industry were forced to at least try to be reasonable about the cost of health care, which they weren't. There is this thing about corporate person-hood and the right to life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness these artificial, legal fiction corporate persons are holding up like it applies to their fictional selves.

The real fight isn't even about health care to anyone but the people who can't afford to pay insurance premiums or deductibles, or even the businesses that whined about being forced to participate.

The real fight is about how insurance companies and all types of insurance and other businesses and corporations, have driven themselves into the middle of everything like a wedge, without the people even really noticing that corporations and corporate entities, in their fight for their supposed right to life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness have basically given themselves the right to pursue that at the expense of everyone else's life liberty and the pursuit of happiness by keeping wages down and prices for almost everything up, in order to make insurance necessary to even be able to get by at all.
edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: qwe

edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Conserajerks?

I won't even read further.

Is conserjaerks the best you can do?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss

Conserajerks?

I won't even read further.

Is conserjaerks the best you can do?

No, I could do better

A poster called them Repukes, I improved on that--- repuklicans!

edit on 23-6-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Conservajerks, demonic, inhuman, kill

Pathetic and emotion-based dribble, just like your entire OP.

Your full of crap I never said kill...

As bad as they are I would never advocate violence towards anyone. That's up to God.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Actually the conservajerk reference is in retort to the often castigation of liberals, people call out libtards and that kind of crap.

Ill make a deal with anyone who doesn’t like that appellation…cut out the hate liberal talk, and Ill stop the conservajerk references

What you have to understand is I don’t take insults without payback…and I defend the innocent and criticize the guilty.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This seems rather sneaky. Am I reading it wrong? Some of these things don't seem to have anything to do with healthcare.

Subtitle B--Repeal of Certain Consumer Taxes

(Sec. 221) This section repeals the annual fee on branded prescription pharmaceutical manufacturers and importers.

(Sec. 222) This section repeals the annual fee imposed on certain health insurance providers based on market share.

Subtitle C--Repeal of Tanning Tax

(Sec. 231) This section repeals the 10% excise tax on the price of indoor tanning services.

Subtitle D--Remuneration From Certain Insurers

(Sec. 241) The section repeals a provision that prohibits certain health insurance providers from deducting remuneration paid to an officer, director, or employee in excess of $500,000.

Subtitle E--Repeal of Net Investment Income Tax

(Sec. 251) This section repeals the 3.8% tax on the net investment income of individuals, estates, and trusts with incomes above specified amounts.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Solution: get rid of Obama care. Allow insurance to be purchased across state lines. Regulatory only from the government, ie pre existing conditions etc etc. To protect the consumer.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Hey, pay for your own damn "healthcare" and stay out of my wallet. I could give two ***** about what you or anyone else wants the government to do, leave me the hell out of it.

Pay for your own college too while you are at it.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The ACA was a monumental mistake of epic proportions.

Sorry Liberals, but it is and has been a total failure.

As bad as this bill might be, it's better than that POS legislation. Anything is an improvement.

I'd still prefer a full on repeal.

BTW, I'm actually FOR a single payer system. In absence of that, get rid of the ACA.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Actually the conservajerk reference is in retort to the often castigation of liberals, people call out libtards and that kind of crap.

Ill make a deal with anyone who doesn’t like that appellation…cut out the hate liberal talk, and Ill stop the conservajerk references

What you have to understand is I don’t take insults without payback…and I defend the innocent and criticize the guilty.

You can use whatever name you like.

I prefer the term Demonrats myself.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

This isn't really about ACA but about the law poised to replace it.

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join