It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to ATS Site Admins: Add this functionality please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have been a member for many years and a lurker for equally as long.

On a daily basis I see no less than 15-20 new threads on political propoganda, Trump and the like. While I am in no way asking that you sensor members freedom of speech, I would ask that you add in filtering functionality to allow us that browse the "new topics" thread to filter out the political noise and focus on the topics that are of interest, namely those that deny ignorance.

A simple filter to omit forums that are not of interest would solve this and allow for 1:1 tailoring of content for members.

Thank you,

MrPerplexed.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You could probably just use rss and filter. I dunno why im not doing this already.....

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: mrperplexed

Well, on the myATS page, there is a way to filter only those forums you wish to see, if you so choose to use it.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

There used to actually be a entire section of ATS like BTS for political debate.

ATS was about conspiracies.

BTS was for general stuff.

PTS was for the politics

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I favorite the forums I like the most so when I go to "My ATS" my fav forums show up with their most recent threads.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

There is already a filter. It's called "the human brain." Just ignore the threads you are not interested in.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

There is already a filter. It's called "the human brain." Just ignore the threads you are not interested in.

Yes except I have to read the title to decide if it is worth viewing... and as a Big Data guy, there is a much better way to separate the signal from the noise other than manually.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: mrperplexed

originally posted by: DJW001

Yes except I have to read the title to decide if it is worth viewing... and as a Big Data guy, there is a much better way to separate the signal from the noise other than manually.

But such a filter might miss items you would be interested in after all. Don't you ever check your Junk Mail box?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

It's kind of like driving by a car wreck, but if you can, just skim past these icons and look the other way

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

But such a filter might miss items you would be interested in after all. Don't you ever check your Junk Mail box?

You are missing the point. I know I am not the only member who feels this way, and if the majority of new posts are political mud pit, than this site has been hijacked and is no longer serving the majority of members who are here for the sites originally intended reasons.

It is driving members like me to disengage because of all the noise, and its a shame. I hope the site admins can see that by fragmenting their member base in lieu of short term ad profit gains, they will lose the integrity of their site in the long run.

Please admins, add in this functionality before you lose your meat and potato user base.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
There is already a way to do this, and has already been mentioned in this thread (and other past threads).

Use the MyATS. Pick your favorite forums.

Problem solved.

If you do not use the Firehose (recent threads), but instead use myATS, you will only see the forums of subjects you like and that you have picked.

Another way to do it is, again do not use the firehose, but instead the Forums button, and only click on the forums on subjects you like.

Or, if you insist on using the Firehose list, then scroll past the threads located in the political forums.

It's that easy, and only takes a little effort on a person's part to do this.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrperplexed
I have been a member for many years and a lurker for equally as long.

On a daily basis I see no less than 15-20 new threads on political propoganda, Trump and the like. While I am in no way asking that you sensor members freedom of speech, I would ask that you add in filtering functionality to allow us that browse the "new topics" thread to filter out the political noise and focus on the topics that are of interest, namely those that deny ignorance.

A simple filter to omit forums that are not of interest would solve this and allow for 1:1 tailoring of content for members.

Thank you,

MrPerplexed.

Excellent idea.

(post by ForteanOrg removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Bah, both sides are equally guilty.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Bah, both sides are equally guilty.

Right, and all i am asking is for a simple way to filter out the politial threads from the "New Topics" link. Thats it.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

Well, on the myATS page, there is a way to filter only those forums you wish to see, if you so choose to use it.

WHAT how?! I remember there use to be a hide function for forums you didn't want to see. It was a little red - next to the forum. NOW I can't see anything like that. Oh please tell me how you hide forums. I'm dying to hide politics and religion!

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

YES!! Thank you. It's been a while since i have been on here in full! I usually just go to recent posts and have to go through all kinds of threads i am so not interested in! I completely forgot about favorite forums. Oh wow I've been away too long!

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Here's a picture way of showing what we are talking about.

If you go to your "myATS", it will show what your favorite forums are, and list threads you may have posted (subscribed in):

Hmmm...not much there, so I'll add some favorite forums. First go to the forum's list and find the forums that you like:

Think I'll add the "2012" forum. Click on it and go into it.

If you look at the top of the forum list, you'll see a heart, click on it to make that forum one of your favorites:

If you go back and look at your "myATS" that forum will be listed now, along with the top fine recent postings in it:

Also: if you change your mind, or decide you don't want that forum, you can click on the "X" that I'm pointing at in the above image, and it will remove it.

You can add many forums to your "myATS" and build what ATS you want to see:

Not that hard, pretty easy to do, and allows you to tailor what forums you want to see. And which forums you don't want to see.

It's that simple.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Why is their always one on this sight whom at least once a month doesn't feel hugged enough and needs change
, if i had a buck for every time someone needed change for their benefit
Christ how do you guys do it
I would have shut down my site by now

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I just skim over it all. What the heck I might develop a new interest .
I forget to use MY ATS.

Mostly though I just start with the Live and if I don't find anything in that I go to New . I dont pay much attention to the home page

new topics

top topics

join