It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien Theory Debunked!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I fumbled across this video on the ancient alien theory that just rips it to shreds...

It goes step by step over 3 hours and deconstructs nearly every claim, while providing sources and evidence with an amazing job of editing that is at least as good as any history channel documentary.

youtu.be...

Like I said it is 3 hours long, but so well made you really barely notice it.

Y'all enjoy.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Dr. Michael Hesier is an exceptional religious scholar. I've watched parts of this series before, and I must say; they have done an excellent job of correcting the half-truths, assumptions, and errors of Däniken, Sitchin, and Tsoukalos.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Belief is infectious, and blinding.

Belief in ancient aliens is just as much a religion as those who claim that they've "debunked" it.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Anything that says they are debunking something totally is not to be believed. Now if I were to watch this, I would be trying to figure out why they were trying to deceive us into believing things that are not real. It may not have been aliens, but there were very advanced beings on this earth long ago, to the people who were around back then, it was impressive

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The ancient alien propagators have misinterpreted religious ideas, scripture, and ancient sites,.... and the OP video does a thorough job of correcting those errors with verifiable sources, rather than sensationalized hypotheses.

edit on 6/22/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Starangely with the exception of the hair lol, Tsoukalos is one of the least "bought and paid for" out of the bunch..(not counting Stanton Friedman of course..he is actually legit)..

I always assumed they told half truths, but the blantant lies the video ponited out were shocking.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

The ancient alien propagators have misinterpreted religious ideas, scripture, and ancient sites,.... and the OP video does a thorough job of correcting those errors with verifiable sources, rather than sensationalized hypotheses.

Misinterpreted my foot.. a lot were bald face lies.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Is there any chance that there is a debunk, from someone who is not arguably a more massive zealot than those he is debunking?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Yea but your as far fetched a right wing conspiracy theorist as they come.. the only conspiracy theories you don't buy are the ones that contradict the ones you do like.. lol.

All our news and media come from the exact same sources..

Infowars, drudge, newsmax, brietbart exc don't have investigative journalism teams lol..

They are all compilation sites that copy paste mainstream stories and republish them after they add their own spin...

They don't even employ investigative journalists...they employ opinion piece columnists..

Almost Nothing accurate originates in the conspiracy community..

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

My greatest pet-peeve with the A.A. Theory is how they try to say that the "Gods" are otherworldly aliens.

However, if we look closely to the mythos, characteristics, and qualities of the ancient Gods, we very quickly see that the Gods actually represent a plethora of archetypes,... whether it be the archetypes of forces, nature, seasons, knowledge, science, invention, and even human psychology and inner-metaphysics.

The ancient Gods are more esoteric and occult than they are "alien".

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Zealot only matters if your pushing lies...

A truth zealot is not nearly such a bad thing..

I'm not familiar with the author of the videos by name, but he is posting video of the actual primary archeologists to point out they are lying...

But hey man I'm open to anything..if this guy is twisting things instead or as well I would like to know about it.

But his video seems very well sourced to a longstanding but self taught conspiracy nerd.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FHomerK

Well can you really debunk that kinda concept???

The video does point out that the celeb proponents are liars though.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I think you have to trust that human beings are interpreting historical records, what ever they may be.

Experts in any field can be very wrong and the arguments of authority can be egotistical nonsense.

Unless someone walked the earth 10k years ago they have only an educated guess as to what reality is.

If you can't tell from watching ancient aliens it's a TV show designed for entertainment with mild thought provocation then I would say the issue is with the receiver not the transmitter.

Should I have believed Dan Brown was writing historical PhD thesesis or a book?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Now that I think about it I guess you can't debunk the concept of alien visitation..

But this video clearly points out the ancient alien show people are blantant liars.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

My greatest pet-peeve with the A.A. Theory is how they try to say that the "Gods" are otherworldly aliens.

However, if we look closely to the mythos, characteristics, and qualities of the ancient Gods, we very quickly see that the Gods actually represent a plethora of archetypes,... whether it be the archetypes of forces, nature, seasons, knowledge, science, invention, and even human psychology and inner-metaphysics.

The ancient Gods are more esoteric and occult than they are "alien".

Exactly. And just because they drew stuff on walls and whatnot of these beings, doesn't mean they've actually seen them. Think about our modern religions and all the murals and paintings, stained glass windows in churches. Future archaeologists may find these things and think we actually saw guys living in the sky on clouds and floating angels with wings and stuff like that, when there's no real evidence these things exist. They're just things religious people believe in, imagined and represented by artists. There's no way to know ancient aliens material is anything but that.

link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No offense, but coming from a person that believed conspiracies was exclusively a Christian thing, I don't think you're very credible when it comes to anything to do with conspiracies.

As for your OP, anyone that knows anything about anything, knows the show over sensationalizes and takes major leaps in logic, and should be taken as entertainment more than anything. They did not invent the ancient alien theory.

Ignoring the show entirely, the theory that advanced civilizations have visited us is not too far-fetched and very possible, even likely, when you put the numbers and everything into perspective.

God/alien?

Notice every single religion or ancient text talks about God's and angels coming down from the skies?

link   

Without a time machine or other means of viewing the past who's to say what really happened back then?

Lets just say given some of the constructions and the techniques used to create such will remain a mystery.

However the fact that some of these places exist seems to suggest a level of technological achievement, in some areas, that are on par with today's society must have existed in ancient times.
edit on 22-6-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Ignoring the show entirely, the theory that advanced civilizations have visited us is not too far-fetched and very possible, even likely, when you put the numbers and everything into perspective.

God/alien?

Notice every single religion or ancient text talks about God's and angels coming down from the skies?

Well said. If we drop the alien terminology and just say beings that have shown abilities above those of normal humans, then we can all agree that these non-human entities have visited earth. Right? Well, maybe atheists wouldn't.

But Jesus, Moses, and other religious icons are reported to have had special powers. So they were non-human entities who visited earth in the past. Call them what you like but that base fact remains.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Yea but your as far fetched a right wing conspiracy theorist as they come.. the only conspiracy theories you don't buy are the ones that contradict the ones you do like.. lol.

All our news and media come from the exact same sources..

Infowars, drudge, newsmax, brietbart exc don't have investigative journalism teams lol..

They are all compilation sites that copy paste mainstream stories and republish them after they add their own spin...

They don't even employ investigative journalists...they employ opinion piece columnists..

Almost Nothing accurate originates in the conspiracy community..

How has this got anything to do with right wing politics? I have seen these ancient alien debunker people before, sure the ancient alien people blow things up, but not all of the ancient alien stuff is crap. There is evidence that there was some technology back then that was advanced. I am part of a group that actually studies things and tries to compare writings with possible alternative theories as to what happened long ago. This has nothing to do with politics, it has to do with diffusionism. Nothing I see in this stuff exclusively points to aliens but it sure seems to point to a very advanced race of beings with technology similar to ours. It points to world trade over three thousand years ago with ships traveling across the ocean. Some major events destroyed these ships, the kind that float on water. Hot air balloons were used for trading spices over two thousand years ago, this is what some of these writings are about, these balloons either originated in China or India. But there were still flying machines that were around, sort of like planes or jets we have to day but with different technology than we, the public, are using now. I think our Military may be using this technology now, hacked from ancient technology.

We are not the first intelligent race on this planet, but we may be the dumbest intelligent race that ever was and we are getting dumber every day. I think people could think better back fifty years ago than they can today. At least they were trying to discover new things back then instead of just believing the crap they were fed. If you took the average person when I was a kid, they would all be considered conspiracy theorists in today's world. The only new thing about people not trusting the government is the name conspiracy theorist. You should have been around when Kennedy was assassinated, I remember the talk that was going around in that time. I may have been young but I actually listened to adults talk. The guys were more distrusting of government then than they are now. The women were more interested in their newly gained woman's rights and were conniving how to exploit them.

I don't know how you got so brainwashed that you judge others based on one of their beliefs, maybe it is time you did some inner seeking to find why you are only seeing what you believe is there.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
If Ancient Alien proponents would drop all the input from Zecharia Sitchin, it would be a great start. Michael Heiser and plenty of other religious scholars have thoroughly dissected Sitchin's cuneiform translations and proven them to be nonsense.

Have we been visited, observed, seeded, manipulated and aided by extraterrestrials throughout antiquity? I do believe so.

But there's so much crap that muddies the water that it's hard to decipher what's true. The fact that this theory is becoming so popular is also giving TPTB a chance to capitalize and shape a narrative.

...and if we're talking about the TV show, remember that it's on the History channel. Who owns that network again?? Hmmm.

edit on 22-6-2017 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join