It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops. More bad news for pot heads

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: nwtrucker

So, what no comment on the fact that I was almost run off the road twice this week by trucks when I HAD THE RIGHT OF WAY??? That was just this week....Also I said many truckers drive on very little sleep which is just as bad as being high or drunk and that is a FACT!!

To the person who brought up texting and driving I do not do that either, nor do I talk on the phone and drive. But man I see it all of the time, people swerving while texting, jerking their cars back into their own lane, its ridiculous!!! For all we know the numbers increased in Colorado because more people are using phones and driving....there is no PROOF 3% increase had much at all to do with pot being legal.

I, also, have almost been run off the road by so-called truckers. I get more pissed at truckers than 4 wheelers. It's expected that 4 wheelers have their heads up their butts. It's expected to get professionalism from truckers.

However, you've said something I have to point out. Right of way? Really? If they don't or can't see you, your 'right of way' mentality is even more dangerous to yourself than those two truckers. You can be in the right....and dead right.
edit on 22-6-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here is a pothead going to his guy's house....

Here he is leaving....

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: edit

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Sometimes the first step is the most difficult step.

Step one: There is more to your life than being a ( your 'job' here ).

Here is a brief list of toxic plants: en.m.wikipedia.org...

Cannabis is not listed here. I note, however, that many common foods are poisonous.

One time, angel's trumpet was misidentified, and disseminated, as being belladonna. Nothing like a 2 flower uninvited scopolamine buzz when you don't have the internet to research these things, 'specially when trying to find the car keys jk (lol). Instead, frozen like smoke in a vacuum, a large water moccasin facing off with rabbit in an interminable stare down, served as entertainment while an Aussie carnival hand interrupted anyone in the shifting gravel foreground with loud accusations of stealing one of his pods, as lowering black clouds lumbered in, plunging the temperature 40 degrees in thirty minutes. A good time to snooze, while I am still ambulatory, I mused. I reached for my keyring; it was on the ground. Everything was on the ground.

From where I stand I cannot keep count of the traffic violations caused by persons distracted by attempting to pilot a moving vehicle, while surfing online. It boggles my mind how anyone let this happen. Stone cold sober and engorged with infinite dollops of me time, stop signs are now optional. That's not stoners, friend. Nothing on erowid can do what we have done to ourselves. Bipedal, prehensile and groping....enfin: anus soup.

I suggest you look into statistics on distracted texting. It is probable that the data have been skewed, for such phenomena have soared as of late, especially in modernized regions, where cannabis extinction calls have simultaneously abated, and people look at their phone rather than their windscreen, oblivious, while moving through time and space.

edit on 22-6-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight
Sometimes the first step is the most difficult step.

Step one: There is more to your life than being a ( your 'job' here ).

Here is a brief list of toxic plants: en.m.wikipedia.org...

Cannabis is not listed here. I note, however, that many common foods are poisonous.

One time, angel's trumpet was misidentified, and disseminated, as being belladonna. Nothing like a 2 flower scopolamine buzz when you don't have the internet to research these things, 'specially when trying to find the car keys jk (lol). Instead, frozen like smoke in a vacuum, a large water moccasin facing off with rabit in an interminable stare down, served as entertainment while an Aussie carnival hand interrupted anyone in the shifting gravel foreground with loud accusations of stealing one of his pods, while lowering black clouds lumbered in, plunging the temperature 40 degrees in thirty minutes. A good time to snooze, while I am still ambulatory, I mused. I reached for my keyring; it was on the ground. Everything was on the ground.

From where I stand I cannot keep count of the traffic violations caused by persons distracted by attempting to pilot a moving vehicle, while surfing online. It boggles my mind how anyone let this happen. Stone cold sober and self entitled with me time, stop signs are now optional. That's not stoners, friend. Nothing on erowid can do what we have done to ourselves.

I suggest you look into statistics on distracted texting. It is probable that the data have been skewed, for such phenomena have soared as of late, especially in modernized regions, where cannabis extinction calls have simultaneously abated, and people look at their phone rather than their windscreen, oblivious, while moving through time and space.

I don't live my life via my job or WikiLeaks. You buy it. I don't.
edit on 22-6-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yea, I'm the damn 1800's.a reply to: nwtrucker

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I saw this on the news this morning and I honestly yelled obscenities at the TV. What a load of garbage.

There have been studies that show this to be the opposite too! This is just another lie to try and make marijuana look bad. I know MANY people who use marijuana and drive daily all while working and being completely normal. Imagine that.

I'm sorry this guys kid died and I'm assuming that's what is in the link, some teenager was killed by another who they said smoked before he plowed into this mans son. I was irritated at their choice of words too.

Yes too much marijuana CAN impair your judgement but so can alcohol and pharmaceutical meds yet those are very legal. Very few ruin it for the majority. I have been hit by a drunk driver who was also under the influence of pills! Yea head on and it was terrifying. The guy couldn't even stand or talk. I have NEVER in my life seen anyone so incapacitated from marijuana. Not once and I have friends who smoke from the time they wake up til they go to bed and they function to the point you wouldn't even know they had smoked all day. I personally use it for medicinal purposes because I can't stand prescription pills and it works better than anything i've ever used. It actually calms my mind so I can think straight and not be all over the map with my thoughts.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Thats funny coming from a trucker considering the world of speed meth krank uppers apple bottom
world the truck drivers world is well most of them not to mention the unregulated unsafe hours
of over driving making it not safe for other cars on the road lol thats funny .And i know my whole family is truckers j.b hunt snieder ect,, nothing like a peterbuilt.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
What kind of propaganda BS is this at three percent? While alcoholic drivers still kill more people. Washington State University is working on a breathalyzer test with ongoing trials.

originally posted by: nwtrucker

originally posted by: kurthall

So, what no comment on the fact that I was almost run off the road twice this week by trucks when I HAD THE RIGHT OF WAY??? That was just this week....Also I said many truckers drive on very little sleep which is just as bad as being high or drunk and that is a FACT!!

To the person who brought up texting and driving I do not do that either, nor do I talk on the phone and drive. But man I see it all of the time, people swerving while texting, jerking their cars back into their own lane, its ridiculous!!! For all we know the numbers increased in Colorado because more people are using phones and driving....there is no PROOF 3% increase had much at all to do with pot being legal.

I, also, have almost been run off the road by so-called truckers. I get more pissed at truckers than 4 wheelers. It's expected that 4 wheelers have their heads up their butts. It's expected to get professionalism from truckers.

However, you've said something I have to point out. Right of way? Really? If they don't or can't see you, your 'right of way' mentality is even more dangerous to yourself than those two truckers. You can be in the right....and dead right.

You should know better as a trucker that it isn't marijuana causing a lot of this LOL.
edit on 22-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm more worried about the overtired, overworked truckers on the roads than stoners.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

I saw this on the news this morning and I honestly yelled obscenities at the TV. What a load of garbage.

There have been studies that show this to be the opposite too! This is just another lie to try and make marijuana look bad. I know MANY people who use marijuana and drive daily all while working and being completely normal. Imagine that.

I'm sorry this guys kid died and I'm assuming that's what is in the link, some teenager was killed by another who they said smoked before he plowed into this mans son. I was irritated at their choice of words too.

Yes too much marijuana CAN impair your judgement but so can alcohol and pharmaceutical meds yet those are very legal. Very few ruin it for the majority. I have been hit by a drunk driver who was also under the influence of pills! Yea head on and it was terrifying. The guy couldn't even stand or talk. I have NEVER in my life seen anyone so incapacitated from marijuana. Not once and I have friends who smoke from the time they wake up til they go to bed and they function to the point you wouldn't even know they had smoked all day. I personally use it for medicinal purposes because I can't stand prescription pills and it works better than anything i've ever used. It actually calms my mind so I can think straight and not be all over the map with my thoughts.

So somehow one can be high and 'normal'. 'Imagine that' he says.

You can get the reasoning behind why I post these. I know drunks that drive regularly and work 'normally', as well.

Even your posting peers says it 'stupid' and illegal to smoke and drive.

"You can't fix stupid".

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I'm more worried about the overtired, overworked truckers on the roads than stoners.

If you knew anything about the trucking industry and the number of tired, 'overworked' average people driving in four wheelers in comparison you'd have a different view of it.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777

Thats funny coming from a trucker considering the world of speed meth krank uppers apple bottom
world the truck drivers world is well most of them not to mention the unregulated unsafe hours
of over driving making it not safe for other cars on the road lol thats funny .And i know my whole family is truckers j.b hunt snieder ect,, nothing like a peterbuilt.

Personally, I don't believe one word of your post. If your whole family was in the trucking industry, you'd know the industry is very regulated, hours of service-wise. Random drug test is required by Federal law, as well as before being hired.

Come this December, every commercial truck in the U.S., including those entering from Canada will be required to electric logs which will about kill any over hour service.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Yea, I'm the damn 1800's.a reply to: nwtrucker

Yep, they put coc aine in the Coke-a-Cola as well back then.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
le bull#

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

If you knew anything about the trucking industry and the number of tired, 'overworked' average people driving in four wheelers in comparison you'd have a different view of it.

Sure do. Husband's got family in the business, they're pretty brutally honest about the near-impossible timetables to meet.

Also had one of your boys fall asleep at the wheel trying to meet a deadline on too little rest & sidewipe TF out of my mother's car. Thanks, truckers.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Sure do. Husband's got family in the business, they're pretty brutally honest about the near-impossible timetables to meet.

Also had one of your boys fall asleep at the wheel trying to meet a deadline on too little rest & sidewipe TF out of my mother's car. Thanks, truckers.

I have far higher restrictions on how long I drive with fines, loss of job with repeated violations. The trucking companies have increased insurance costs with violations by drivers and companies collected on national data bases. There are exceptions, especially with trucking companies running inside 100 mile radius of so which do not require log books. Also some states have exemptions for local produce during harvest seasons. These are the exceptions and are a small percentage of the industry.

Another fact of life is truckers exaggerate. You claim they are brutally honest? I say Bull#. They can change who they work for instead of whining. There's some 'brutally honest' assessment for you....

I have between 3 and 4 million miles in the rear view mirror and even with a bunch of new 'citizens' who can't even speak English driving trucks out there. I'll trust them far more than four wheelers....especially stoners.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

A study by the American Journal of Public Health published on Thursday looked at motor vehicle fatalities and found no significant increase in Colorado and Washington State, where recreational marijuana use is legal, compared with eight states where it is not legal that have similar populations, vehicle ownership, and traffic laws. Alabama, Kentucky and Texas were among the states in the comparison group.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

A study by the American Journal of Public Health published on Thursday looked at motor vehicle fatalities and found no significant increase in Colorado and Washington State, where recreational marijuana use is legal, compared with eight states where it is not legal that have similar populations, vehicle ownership, and traffic laws. Alabama, Kentucky and Texas were among the states in the comparison group.

So, it appears that there is nothing to worry about nwtrucker, except drunk drivers and bad/aggressive drivers.

The conclusion echoes that of other researchers that also noted no correlation between blood THC levels and impairment. The disconnection may be linked to the fact that THC is quickly metabolized, and its presence in blood can depend on both the dose and a person's usage patterns. Infrequent smokers tend to see quick drops in blood THC levels, while regular users may sustain higher THC levels for longer.

arstechnica.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Well buddy i used to hide in the cab at the weight stations so my sis and brother not get in trouble
there is always a way around the rules .
And i seen more drugs hard hard drugs and lots of lot lizzards with truckers than i ever did a pot head
I know channel 19 used to be called the disney channel lol and it was used to chat on cb .
Trust me i know truckers. For those that dont know a lot lizzard is a prostitute

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777

Well buddy i used to hide in the cab at the weight stations so my sis and brother not get in trouble
there is always a way around the rules .
And i seen more drugs hard hard drugs and lots of lot lizzards with truckers than i ever did a pot head
I know channel 19 used to be called the disney channel lol and it was used to chat on cb .
Trust me i know truckers. For those that dont know a lot lizzard is a prostitute

In my day, dispatchers were known to hand a new driver a few black beauties and an obscene schedule for delivery and flat out tell you to make it or find a new job.

Lot lizards can make more money on the streets these days than any truck stop worth it's name. I haven't seen a lot lizard in 15+ years. As far as the drugs go, the toothpick method of sales was pretty common up to around ten years ago. I've run either Alaska or local/regional for the last 10 years or so rather than the lower 48 and have seen literally zero drug usage in that arena.

Those of us that have survived a long time in this industry tend not to get far out of line. The rest? Sooner or later, they end up gone. At least that's my experience of it. Likely it holds true in any field.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join