It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Record Breaking Sniper Shot in Iraq - Canadian Special Forces

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

That's what I was thinking, at least meters above the target..oh I see Zane has added a graph..even more amazing.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

When's the last time you mourned a roach you stepped on?

In my place stepping on 'em only p*sses them off.....

Caught couple of them carrying the refrigerator ........

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
You know, if I spray a million bullets, I could also hit a person from 4 miles away. This is not a first shot kill.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

555 feet of holdover for a 750 grain 50 cal BMG round muzzle velocity 2820 fps, 300 yard zero, over 7 seconds of flight time for the projectile...
The graph is a bit hard to read.....
Simply amazing, it's like artillery, not rifle fire at that range.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Great shot. Yes he killed another human being, so what? Some humans deserve to be killed, and ISIS members are on that list. The world isn't all puppies and rainbows, we need realists to balance out the delusions of the idealists.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ZaneDog

Oh indeed, like artillery or a mortar.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
You know, if I spray a million bullets, I could also hit a person from 4 miles away. This is not a first shot kill.

I dont think he sprayed and prayed here. you only got 10 rounds in a MAGAZINE for a 50 cal. If they would use that new scope tech from Trackingpoint that plots the shot for you even with a cold fire its almost a guranteed hit.
edit on 17000000ppam by yuppa because: oppsie

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Rifle used is McMillian Tac 50

en.wikipedia.org...

Is bolt action with 5 round magazine - hardly the weapon to "spray and pray" ......

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: ANNED
Without the Second Amendment in the US the McMillan Tac-50 rifle these Canadians used would not have been there for them to make the shot.

This same rifle is used by the US Navy and is known as the MK 15 Mod 0 Sniper Rifle.

What are you Blabbering on about?

Countrys without 2nd amendments produce guns too.
The UK has a thriving arms industry.

Yes the UK does build guns for there military but nothing like the US made McMillan Tac-50 rifle for the job it does.
They don't have shooters as good as the US or Canada that were likely raised around weapons.

edit on 25-6-2017 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

They don't have shooters as good as the US or Canada that were likely raised around weapons.

Again your Blabbering nonsense as the UK held the world record until the Canadian took it.

edit on 25-6-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Without the Second Amendment in the US the McMillan Tac-50 rifle these Canadians used would not have been there for them to make the shot.

This same rifle is used by the US Navy and is known as the MK 15 Mod 0 Sniper Rifle.

What are you Blabbering on about?

Countrys without 2nd amendments produce guns too.
The UK has a thriving arms industry.

Yes the UK does build guns for there military but nothing like the US made McMillan Tac-50 rifle for the job it does.

Accuracy International being one of the top sniper rifle manufacturers in the world belies your point somewhat and having a generally armed populace doesn't have any bearing on the proficiency of the military. That's down to the training.
edit on 13pSun, 25 Jun 2017 05:01:13 -050020172017-06-25T05:01:13-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: GokuVsSuperman0

my buddy is one of the best shots in the US he competes regularly in national competitons and finishes top 3 everytime.

He called BS on this.

Agreed.

I know the instructor who taught the previous record holder and he calls bull# on that one too. The target wouldn't even have been in his sight picture.
edit on 3751642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
...as being the story about how a human being died

He wasnt a human being. It was a member of ISIS. A piece of sh*t.

Sh*t needs to be flushed away and the Canadian Sniper did a superb job.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
my buddy is one of the best shots in the US he competes regularly in national competitons and finishes top 3 everytime.
He called BS on this.

Weird. My buddy is one of the best shot in the world and he competes regularly in global competitions and finishes top 2 every time. He said it was accurate and true.

Funny how on the internet, we all have buddies who are in the top 3 sniper competitions, huh?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Oh, pishaw.

The Brits have been producing world class shooters for many years. Where do you suppose the US military went to learn how to put together sniper schools?

By golly, you're right--Great Britain. SAS snipers, and I suppose their other special units, field snipers a match for any anywhere.

So just stop.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: ANNED

Oh, pishaw.

The Brits have been producing world class shooters for many years. Where do you suppose the US military went to learn how to put together sniper schools?

By golly, you're right--Great Britain. SAS snipers, and I suppose their other special units, field snipers a match for any anywhere.

So just stop.

We have the Germans to thank for that.

Ten points for any of our US friends who actually know where the word sniper comes from and what region gave them the name without using google.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

The term originated in India during when the British ruled there. But I can't remember any more details without googling it.

The German Schutzensnur is the only foreign award I have received. It's their marksmanship badge. Their qualification course isn't as forgiving as the US Army's.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

The snipe is an elusive little bird that lives along rivers, and are, by all accounts, a difficult target to hit with a firearm. That's the origin of the title "sniper". You had to be an excellent shot to hit a snipe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join