It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton - Question????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I'm posting this here in the mud-pit because I fear discussion surrounding this question could get ugly (and perhaps it should actually).

I have what may be a dumb question...

Why does Hillary Clinton still have a US Government Top Secret SCI level Clearance?

She's no longer in office. She doesn't hold any official position. She's not employed by the US Government, certainly not by any intelligence or defense agency within the government. In fact, she's not employed by the government at all. She doesn't have a "need to know". Not to mention the fact she's been rebuked by the director of the FBI for her "reckless" handling of classified information. How does she meet any of the criteria to maintain these clearances?

So why, exactly, does Hillary still have one of the US's highest level information clearances?????

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Easy.

Once Trump gets impeached, Pence resigns, Ryan is found to be unfit to serve, McConnell drops dead of a heart attack, the cabinet gets sucked into a black hole and every other person on the planet gets raptured Hillary will finally become President of the United States of America and will need that security clearance for her new server.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I've been asking this question for over a year!

When she left her position as SOS why was it not removed? Her staff was also allowed to keep their clearance, why?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Prob because once the background check to get it is done, it is still valid until it is actually removed. I'm guessing it stays good after you leave office just in case they need to bring "the old general back for a consultation or something."

I doubt it ends the second you leave office or the military, they just stop telling you things.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Really?!?!

You do know that is a quick and easy google right?'!?!

"When does a top secret clearance end?"

I'm betting it stays active untile specifically removed, they just no longer tell you stuff.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The State Department website isn't helpful... check it out:

8. How long is my security clearance good for after I leave the federal government?

The Department of State will revalidate a security clearance if (1) the individual has not been out of federal service for more than 2 years and (2) if the individual's clearance is based on an appropriate and current personnel security clearance investigation.

She hasn't been SOS since 2013, that's way more than 2 years. Hmm..

www.state.gov...
edit on 22-6-2017 by FamCore because: added emphasis

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It last for 15 years from last background check unless specifically removed.

www.clearancejobs.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lol.. Hillary will never run again..ever..

She was embarrassed by a goof.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

You sound like me talking to hungover me on Sunday morning, 'I'll never drink Scotch again!'.

Tomorrow is Friday.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It dont get no better than that....and you dont even realize what you just did.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I assume it is because she may still be called upon to provide information regarding events that happened during her time in office and their impact on current events. Though honestly I cant fathom how she ever got a security clearance in the first place and I sure as hell would not extend it any longer than absolutely necessary.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Deep State.

I mean, that's what you think isn't it?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It is my understanding that all Sos's keep their clearances for life... it case they are needed to discuss classified matters that happened on their watch.

That being said, Clintons and everyone involved should have had their's revoked immediately.

That doesn't mean that all SOS's have access to classified information, it would be on a strictly need to know basis.
edit on R212017-06-22T09:21:47-05:00k216Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Clearances eventually expire, unless an updated background investigation is conducted. When I left the Navy, I kept my TS clearance, for 5 years, I think. When it came time for renewal, I asked my company to front the bill, since I was peripherally doing some sensitive work. They said No.

However, should they have wanted to, they could petition to have that clearance extended another XX years, and pay for the investigation.

Oddly, it kind of works like a driver's license. It just has an expiration date, whether you are using it or not.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Deep State.

No, I'm actually just asking. I don't know the answer. (choke)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

a reply to: Martin75

Really?!?!

You do know that is a quick and easy google right?'!?!

"When does a top secret clearance end?"

I'm betting it stays active untile specifically removed, they just no longer tell you stuff.

Then you dig it up for us, please, since it is "quick and easy."

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Question.........How does someone with no intelligence get an intelligence clearance?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Deep State.

there is no such thing as secret decisions being made behind the scenes. That's conspiracy talk.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Easy.

Once Trump gets impeached, Pence resigns, Ryan is found to be unfit to serve, McConnell drops dead of a heart attack, the cabinet gets sucked into a black hole and every other person on the planet gets raptured Hillary will finally become President of the United States of America and will need that security clearance for her new server.

Even if all that happened she would still manage to lose because she is a loser. Colin Powell said it best, “Everything HRC touches she kind of screws up with hubris”

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So why, exactly, does Hillary still have one of the US's highest level information clearances?????

Do you know how far back Trump and the Clintons go ?
Do you really think they are adversaries ?
Wake up .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join