It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Shows Oliver Stone Fake Video of Russia Bombing Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Surely you aren't referring to 'what-is-Aleppo' - 'illegal immigrants are all good people' Gary Johnson are you?

He couldn't be a bigger hack if he tried.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Surely you aren't referring to 'what-is-Aleppo' - 'illegal immigrants are all good people' Gary Johnson are you?

He couldn't be a bigger hack if he tried.

Did you participate in the Libertarian nominating process?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

No, and no one else did either.

Because the Libertarian party didn't have a nomination process, Johnson just announced he was running for president.

You weren't actually going to tell me that since I didn't participate in the (non existent) nomination process that I am not entitled to complain or criticize Johnson, were you?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Do you consider yourself to be a Libertarian?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Sillyolme

When he said unlike many partners of ours we never interfere within the affairs of other countries, we knew he was a liar.

Well Russia is interfering in Syria right now, albeit with Assad's permission.

Interfering? What planet are you on?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Putin isn't dumb enough to show a fake video of the US knowing most of the US will be watching this.

He thought we were dumb enough to vote for Trump, so what's your point?

What was the only other option? You know the answer to that question.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Deleted because of emotional bullsh1t.
edit on 22-6-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Just want to contribute to your thread that Putin does not use a cell phone (it is a well known fact, at least in a small circle). Perhaps for security reasons.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'm a registered non party affiliate.

Where is this going?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JedemDasSeine

Then that would at least partially corroborate the Kremlin's story that somebody just handed Putin a phone and told him it was a Russian video.

What I want to know is, who was the first person to make the claim that it was a US video from 2009?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I would say that I'm surprised that this hasn't gotten more attention but ATS has a lot of Putin fans because somehow being a Trump supporter predisposes folks to Putin fawning. I'm not saying there's causation but there's definitely correlation. The fact that you're a Trump supporter posting negatively about Putin means you're not getting any support from either side.

I certainly wouldn't go this far:

This seems all too surreal, why would Putin show Oliver Stone a video of a US airstrike and say it was Russians fighting in Syria? The obvious answers would be, he's a liar, he's a hacker, he interfered in the US election, the Kremlin is colluding with Trump, etc.

That's a whole lot of non sequitur unless your entire reason for not believing that Russian interferred in our election was that Putin said so?

On the other hand, it's good to see that you're no longer laboring under the impression that Putin is an honest person. Putin's regime, ironically enough, is a perfect example of a deep state cadre taking over political power. Just Google "Putin deep state" and look at the disinformatzia being poured on American citizens.

A very brief background of Putin:

In 1990, Vladimir Putin was a lieutenant colonel in the KGB. He'd been in the KGB since he graduated from university in 1975. In June of 1991, he became deputy mayor of St. Petersburg, resigning from the KGB two months later. He filled that post until the mayor lost reelection and then headed off to Moscow and the Kremlin in 1996. By 1997, he was deputy chief of the presidential staff. The following year, he was appointed Director of the FSB (along with the SVR, the successors to the KGB). 1998 Yeltsin made him a deputy prime minister and then prime minister. When Yelstin resigned, he became acting President of Russia. He was then elected President in 2000. He has held power since, despite having to temporarily assume the ostensible role of "prime minster" from 2008-12.

Think about that sequence.

How and why did this happen? I have no idea. I seriously doubt that he didn't know what the video was. So either he didn't think it would be picked up at enough of a resolution by the camera that anyone would notice or he did it intentionally. If it's the latter, good luck trying to tease out his motivations.

The interview was for American domestic consumption so it could be something like trying to appear a bit guileless to American audiences and therefore less sinister.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The interview was for American domestic consumption so it could be something like trying to appear a bit guileless to American audiences and therefore less sinister.

So I take it you've seen all four hours of the interview since you're commenting on the motivations for its production?

On the other hand, it's good to see that you're no longer laboring under the impression that Putin is an honest person.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, Putin is in a position of power, people in power lie. It is a fact of life.

I still think he is a better leader for his country as a nationalist than Obama was to America as a globalist. But that is neither here nor there.

It doesn't look like any MSM ran this story today, so I think it will probably get buried and we will never know if the video was real or not.

Here's to detente!

#stonegate

edit on 6/22/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

So let me get this straight.

Putin showed a fake video so that is proof of collusion with trump?

T&C prevent a proper reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join