It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford to build the Focus in China instead of Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Where do you go to buy only made in USA stuff?

Made in America store

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

My point...and even more are expecting to move anyway. Tariffs or not.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Great, huh! A Taurus and Fusion the cost of a Jag! I said...thats his "art of the deal"...or something

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Read the O.P. The article said it...I didnt say any jobs werent saved. Eliminated and restructured for part timers sure. 2 line workers part time, zero benefits because of it and into a cheaper country for it.

Dont be fooled. They are doing that for awhile here hiring 2 people part time so they dont have to pay overtime and/or benefits...

In China theyll just get 3 workers for one 40 hr a week position and add 1 extra cup of rice to the $5 and hr they pay them there.....

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

I was at Livonia Transmission Plant where they are $30 something million retooling to make 10-speed automatic transmission. Read deeper friend. The big F 150's, 250''s and 350's arent selling so good these days. And the aluminum body ones are getting great reviews last I heard.
edit on 22-6-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The old Focus plant will be retooled to build the new Ranger pickup and a new Bronco.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
a reply to: mysterioustranger

The old Focus plant will be retooled to build the new Ranger pickup and a new Bronco.

*(ADD to earlier reply) : Whats funny is I drove a Ranger/Security vehicle when I needed to get to the track or New Product Center. I'm 6' tall and 210 lbs...and that driver's seat does NOT go back hardly. You hit the back and rear window. Uncomfortable as hell...but I still can see some advantages in someone buying one...

Thanks LG
edit on 22-6-2017 by mysterioustranger because: an oops

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join