It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford to build the Focus in China instead of Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Ford to build the Focus in China instead of Mexico

Jobs saved? It should be known "promises-promises" can be untrue and misrepresented. President Trump claiming he's already saved millions of jobs and companies from moving out-of-country...is just not true. Additionally Ford is buying out 1,500 exec postions and eliminating 15,000 worldwide. A search of some the other companies he's claimed to have convinced not to leave, had us cheering. But, not so fast.

Even after Trump's claims, many of these still have current plans to go ahead with their original and/or modified plans to leave the U.S. for some of their productions. I suggest checking back with them all now after this article appeared this past week.

Ford to build the Focus in China instead of Mexico Jun 20, 2017
c/o money.cnn.com/2017/06/20/news/companies/ford-focus-chinal

"Ford will shift production of the Focus compact car from the United States to China. And in a first for the automaker, it will ship many of these cars back to the U.S. to sell. But the move is more bad news for Mexico than it is for the United States. ..."

"Ford (F) had previously announced plans to shift its production to Mexico...But the company's decision to shift production of small cars to Mexico became a hot-button issue during last year's presidential campaign, when then-candidateDonald Trump repeatedly attacked the company' for exporting jobs from the United States. He even falsely accused Ford of planning to shift all of its auto production and jobs to Mexico."

"In January, Ford announced that it had canceled plans to build a new plant in Mexico to build the Focus. Trump heralded that as a victory, even though Ford said it would still build the Focus in Mexico...."

"Ford estimates it will save $500 million a year by building in China rather than at the Mexican plant it had been looking at.... They're already making the Focus in China. This just made sense."

As Ivanka's shoes and perfume, clothing and purses continue to import and Mr. Trumps hats as well companies are still leaving. Saving what jobs again? Be careful Mr. Trump in claiming victory before the end is in sight...when the other side is just "acknowledging" your concern...but not intending to change much. We still will be losing jobs.

Trump gloats success, American workers cheer...and company execs are saying "Yeah...right!" Maybe it's the art of the deal?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
He better damn well put yuuuuuggge tariffs on those China made Focuses.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Let's see if Trump has the go-nads to slap a tariff on those cars.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
They ought to be building the plants next to all these liberal utopia cities where there's each like hundreds of thousands of government handout chumps, and start making the able bodied ones work for a living.

It seems Obama should have been mandating it, if not just to help turn the cities around and remove some of the stain on the cities.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Yeah, stick a tariff on them. Let's see, who pays the tariff. The person who buys the car pays the tariff. It will still be cheaper than if it was made in Mexico though. Possibly better made too. It is a way for our government to get money without directly taxing us and it makes the cars more competitive with US made cars.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
When the people who bitch about jobs being lost overseas can honestly tell me they only buy "made in the USA" products exclusively, then I'll have some respect.

It's like Greenpeace protesting oil companies in a gas-guzzling boat...wearing Goretex made from petrochemicals.

But... they took our jobs!

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Where do you go to buy only made in USA stuff?

International business isnt bad. It's good! But the total subversion of our everything to China is a disaster. While its so far gone its ubiquitous.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
So you would rather Trump give $500million per year of your tax money away to ensure a private business stays in Mexico?

I don't get it. I just don't get it.
edit on 22-6-2017 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
He better damn well put yuuuuuggge tariffs on those China made Focuses.

That is one of the promises that gained trump a lot of support from me.
Have not heard much about it since the campaign though.
What a shame

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

So they will be as expensive as a Jaguar in the US. NICE.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Yeah, stick a tariff on them. Let's see, who pays the tariff. The person who buys the car pays the tariff. It will still be cheaper than if it was made in Mexico though. Possibly better made too. It is a way for our government to get money without directly taxing us and it makes the cars more competitive with US made cars.

You must think that the cost for the consumer is going to decline with the product being made China. I seriously doubt that.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
With the current tensions with NK. it makes sense. Chum up with China against NK. because Mexico is a nothing player, of no monetary or social benefit to the US.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

So are you saying not 1 job was saved and so Trump should have done what Obama did and not even try because nothing can be done?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Cars aren't selling well in the US but trucks are. Ford is getting rid of the Focus here to build trucks in the same plant.

See, there's always more to the story. Life isn't as sinister as you think.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Hey...its been made there awhile already I guess. Next...they are building the Taurus there.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

He was slapping Mark Field's (former C.E.O.-Fords) on the back about agreeing to stay. He had no intention of it. And guess what?

This past week...Mark is gone. Bill Ford thanked him for the past years service...and said they want to "move into another direction". No kidding...*

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Amen, amen! Got that right........

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yep..See, I get that. But these cars have been made all along over there and south of the border...at least for awhile. And they are already tariff-ied (hey, cool new word huh?)

The general public doesn't realize that...and Fords is just one of hundreds of comps.*

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Great observation about Greenpeace. I always thought they had it together until I realized they eat a lot of tuna-sandwiches onboard their ships.

One crew member-activist once said "Yeah. Its pretty easy to get while we are out in open water!"

WHAT? I mean just...WHAT??!!??!!??

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Not me...I just dont get it either. All the lies to mislead Joe Average American who says "He's keeping the work here so we all can have jobs!!"...Um..no.

But I think Trump should give us all $500,000 each from him and Mark Cuban to really stimulate the economy....and they'd STILL be millionaires...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join