It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Proposes a 5 Year Wait Before Immigrants Can Qualify For Public Assistance.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I never thought I would see the day! I certainly hope this passes, and with the GOP majority it should.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Kettu

Sorry, what does Jesus have to do with this again?

He fed the poor.

SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) feeds the poor.

So, Jesus would probably be glad a program like SNAP exists, sans wine...you can't buy wine on SNAP.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Much better idea than the wall (which imo is dumb and unnecessarily antagonistic). Its sensible. Its what most countries do.

@the Jesus comment: Jesus didnt tell the government to take care of people, he said you do it. So...are you volunteering to house them? When you do, then you can be condescending to everyone else and ill take you seriously.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: carewemust

Are TOO MANY immigrants now seeking a different "opportunity"? The opportunity to leech off of U.S. taxpayers

If so, all they need to do is head to Cali.

I can only hope that State succeeds in seceding...

#remove the cancer

Yep. First thing that came into my mind when reading OP's line "All immigrants I know blah blah blah" was that OP does not reside in or near CA.

I'm a state-ist I don't care. CA is like the Twilight Zone of the US anymore.

edit on 21-6-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I feed the poor too, does that mean I'm SNAP or Jesus?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Yep, praise Jesushunter!

I work and pay, therefor I am an economics authority.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

The correct answer is C) Total sucker!

link   

originally posted by: carewemust
June 21, 2017

""President Trump announced Wednesday night that he will soon ask Congress to pass legislation banning immigrants from accessing public assistance within five years of entering the U.S.

“The time has come for new immigration rules that say ... those seeking immigration into our country must be able to support themselves financially and should not use welfare for a period of at least five years," Trump told a campaign-style rally in Grand Rapids, Iowa.""

Full Article: www.foxnews.com...

I thought our ancestors came to America because of the opportunity to succeed...to achieve their dreams. All of the immigrants I know are entrepreneurs, or have a good job.

Are TOO MANY immigrants now seeking a different "opportunity"? The opportunity to leech off of U.S. taxpayers?

-CareWeMust

It's amazing to see the catastrophic damage to America and the world, caused directly and purposefully by Obama's underhanded schemes just to grow the democrat voting base by luring people to come here with false gifts and promises, and in return please vote democrat. things just coming out now show 99 percent of everything he did under the sun, and moon, (mostly the moon because it's darker and harder to see)
, was geared towards sandbagging the democrat party into a position of permanent power and unmitigated authority under the false guise of goodness and love when it was really based on hatred and evil deeds who cares not who dies along the way, or get run over by the train. That train is still moving today and is totally off the tracks and a runaway. IT must be destroyed. Obliteration of everything "Obama" will be a good start towards restoring our republic.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Certain non-citizens such as those admitted for humanitarian reasons and those admitted for permanent residence may also eligible for the program. Eligible household members can get SNAP benefits even if there are other members of the household that are not eligible.

....right.

What is this saying?!?! Some Residents are legally enabled to apply for their Illegal visiting friends or relatives, living in the same household, if those friends/relatives were admitted for permanent residence, even though their status is illegal alien?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

How do you do that? What do you do? The $6 you pay a year in federal taxes that goes to the SNAP program you mean?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Then a sucker I am.

link   

originally posted by: Kettu

He fed the poor.

So, Jesus would probably be glad a program like SNAP exists, sans wine...you can't buy wine on SNAP.

Jesus endorses MEALS ON WHEELS too!

link   

He fed the poor.

SNAP also feeds the drug dealers, it feeds the money launderers and has become a scam of epic proportions in some areas... because of illegals gaming the system. Any attempt to fix the corrupt system... well, that's "racism".

I wonder how many homeless veterans that we could house, if we quit paying benefits to people that have no right to be here to begin with.

Probably all of them...

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   
What I find interesting is the same people who say the US is not a Christian nation often bring up Jesus during debates about public assistance. What would Jesus do? Tell them to earn their bread by the sweat of their brow.

link   

No I literally buy food with money from my own pocket and personally hand them out to the homeless.

edit on 21-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Then a sucker I am.

Don't worry. We are all together! coo coo ca-choo!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

My reply is a bit off topic, but your post points out yet another card in the deck that was stacked against candidate Trump. Wow! Divine providence.... ah..nevermind. (Triggers people. Not the thread for that.)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
What I find interesting is the same people who say the US is not a Christian nation often bring up Jesus during debates about public assistance. What would Jesus do? Tell them to earn their bread by the sweat of their brow.

There's a (strange but nice) lady who buys LOAVES of bread and tosses them out her window in large parking lots around my Chicago suburb. The seagulls, pigeons, etc.. arrive in mass and go crazy! She's emulating what Jesus did when he gave his admirers fish and BREAD in that big field, before yelling out "Blessed be the poor...." (Sermon on the mount I think.)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

Yeah, it's called refugees. The kind of people Jesus would probably want you to take care of.

Let Jesus take care of them, then.

he can make many fishes and loaves, turn water into wine and all that jazz, right?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

"Certain non-citizens such as those admitted for humanitarian reasons and those admitted for permanent residence may also eligible for the program. Eligible household members can get SNAP benefits even if there are other members of the household that are not eligible"

If there is a way, they will do it.

I'm more for stricter access to them, plus the five years.

Makes sense, you come here, get a job, put into the system, recieve back when needed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join