It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iraqis Focus on Own Government For Results After Successful Elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
After the groundbreaking January elections, Iraqis are looking for progress to come from their own government rather than criticizing the U.S. for continuing infrastructure problems and security issues. Iraq has been technically sovereign since the handover of power from the CPA in June, 2004 but only after the elections do the Iraqis see their new government as really independent from the U.S. However, most Iraqis still agree that U.S. military presence is necessary until Iraq can build up its own security forces to deal with threats from terrorist militias.

seattletimes.nwsource.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq — Through 22 months of occupation and war in Iraq, the word "America" was usually the first to pass through the lips of an Iraqi with a gripe.

Why can't the Americans produce enough electricity? Why can't the Americans guarantee security? Why can't the Americans find my stolen car?

Last week, as the euphoria of nationwide elections washed over Iraq, a remarkable thing happened: Iraqis, by and large, stopped talking about the Americans.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It sounds like the Iraqis are pleased with the elections and now feel invested in their own government. I think this is truly the turning point in the Iraq situation and we will see the insurgent terrorists quickly defeated as the new government forms and becomes trusted by its citizens.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
And thus the real point of the electons is proven solid. Now that the iraqis have braved the guantlett to vote, they are willing to take responsibility for thier own destinies and futures. Wth a government they consider legitimate, they will now begin to rebuild, and should the terrorists try to dsrupt the rebuillding as they did when we were in charge of it, those terrorists shall find themselves starng down the barrell of an iraqi AK.
Bush brought power to the people.
Viva la America

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 04:02 AM
link   
And this only cost the American economy 200 Billion dollars so far.

And 2000 American service persons their lives.

And Tens of thousands of wounded Americans.

I guess the US is now the charity for democracy?

I guess a Rich boy who has never worked for a living doesn't mind squandering American Tax Dollars and American lives. He never worked for it, he has no idea what it really cost people.

new topics

join