It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump announces plans to construct a beautiful SOLAR-WALL, so Mexico pays much less.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It would be a "universal" plan so taxes would come out according to how much you make.

Everyone in the US, doesnt matter which state you you live in will get beautiful healthcare and benefits and America will be healthy again.

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Sublimecraft

So over half the country falls into your subjective "libtard" category? Because over half the country opposes the wall in one way or another.

You're really fighting a holy crusade against millions of normal every-day people aren't you? You're a keyboard warrior, possibly the best of them all. Use your buzzwords and stereotypes wisely though, they are valuable to your quest! You know that already though seeing as you employ them so masterfully!

Go ahead and keep posting in the mud pit forum, no fuss from me. I'll keep calling it how I see it!

^^Triggered.

It's particularly annoying to me because I, we, have used the word clinically for a couple of decades in describing reactions in patients who have post-traumatic stress. I had an older Viet Nam vet who was having lunch on an out-door patio at a restaurant when a helicopter passed overhead causing him to jump under the table in a full blown panic attack.

Another Desert Storm vet, freshly out of the VA, got his first job as a waiter at Applebee's and a couple came in with the woman in full-blown Islamic attire, and the man in his hat with the full beard and such. He was taking their order when the man jumped up, got in his face and began yelling at him for looking at and addressing his wife, stating that HE would give her order, and he had no business asking her for her order. This resulted in his running to the store room, shaking, crying in a panic attack. He called me to talk him down, and he later had to quit that job.

So that is the origin of the term "triggered", as the Helicopter triggered the traumatic/panic event in the older vet, etc.

To see how the word has been cheapened the way it has now makes it irrelevant for clinical purposes. I have even come up with another term I use, but I'll be damned if I'll put it here have it cheapened into another mindless buzzword.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Hm. Well the main issue I have is the direction the solar cells would be facing - generally North.
That is the least efficient direction for gathering energy from the sun.
The could be placed on the Mexico side, but this would cause problems for maintenance should any of them have problems.

... or they could set the wall back say 20-50 feet from the actual borderline so the entire wall is on our side making maintenance access a non-issue?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
WALLS by nature are never beautiful.

Unless they hold back water that wants to DROWN me. LOL

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Naturally, this is a contentious issue because of open-border advocates and pro-illegal immigration advocates who want to deconstruct Americas borders,

Actually the problem is that the US can't force the sovereign nation of Mexico to pay for it. Everything else is political rhetoric.

Sigh...the "pay for" was never meant to be "here's your bill, pay me." They will pay by offset trade agreements, stopping or adjusting NAFTA, stemming the tide of massive cash flow leaving US (like the $700k found the other day trying to be smuggled out), etc. Anyone who thought it was going to be a straight bill me situation wasn't paying attention during the primaries.

I would imagine solar could provide a significant amount of power for some or our southern cities...El Paso, San Diego, perhaps Houston. Of course the "progressive" left will never admit it's a great idea because it came from POTUS (which is likely a result of surrounding himself with business people who don't want/need to become lifetime politicians).

Either they pay for it or they don't, no matter how you spin it. Trade agreements and lost cash have nothing to do with the wall, it's just smoke and mirrors. You can make a trade deal with Mexico, then build a wall and claim that you made them pay for it, but it wouldn't be true.

Let's pretend we're neighbors. I want to build a fence between our properties and I want you to pay for it, but I can't just send you a bill, for obvious reasons... Oh wait, I just remembered! You owe me 500 bucks. So if I make you pay it back and then use it to build the fence, does that mean you paid for it somehow? No, because it was my money to begin with.

As for solar energy, it might be a good idea, but why put it on a wall?

If Trump wants to invest in solar energy, is able to make a profit on it, and wants to use that money to build a wall, then great! He should then find the best possible spot for solar panels, build there, and build power lines to distribute the energy. But building on the wall doesn't give any advantage. You can just put the panels one the ground. You also don't have to go through the inconvenience of putting them in a long line running across the entire continent, with all the logistical problems that entails. Best of all, you can point them at the sun, not wherever the wall happens to be facing.

Also keep in mind that a wall is intended to be sturdy and hard to break. Is it really wise to coat it all over with delicate equipment?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It would have been funnier if he said he wanted to build it out of coal.

Beautiful, clean coal. Very clean.

This would be a win-win...

The amount of coal it would take to build a wall would keep the coal miners employed, but if that coal is never burned as a fossil fuel, then it will not contribute to climate change.

Perfect.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
And SOMEWHERE....

Elon Musk is LAUGHING hysterically...

"Oh my GOD...the orange buffon actually thought I was SERIOUS about a 'solar wall' ... this is to MUCH!"

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Maybe, but Elon Musk is also crying because his Federal subsidies are drying up and now the report on his 'green' vehicles.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Lol, Trump is such a hypocrite. Why don't you get back to us when he figures out how to make a coal powered boarder wall.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Universal is a 'broad' term but it means Healthcare for all. The same care. It would never work as a nationwide issue but state run and mandated...yes. The more taxes you get for your state the more you can put towards your own healthcare. Make it fair. No further Federal Tax.

If you can make it work then I am ok with it otherwise no because it would be lopsided the way it is now. Obamacare did nothing but allow the Healthcare industry to make money. Federal and private. It did not help to insure more people. It actually made more lose it because they were suddenly part time so the business could cover all of the fees and regulations.

As for the wall...it should have been done a long time ago. The Federal government should give each person the same amount of money for the land they will lose.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Box of Rain

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It would have been funnier if he said he wanted to build it out of coal.

Beautiful, clean coal. Very clean.

This would be a win-win...

The amount of coal it would take to build a wall would keep the coal miners employed, but if that coal is never burned as a fossil fuel, then it will not contribute to climate change.

Perfect.

What a great idea....

The Mexicans are to stupid to throw a barrel of gasoline on the wall and burn it down....

This isn't some sort of video game....this is real life.

Even a slight amount of research will tell you the wall will be built from steel made in China paid for by the US taxpayers. Business as usual.

As we speak there are metal brokers, shipping companies, administration management, organizational units at work. contract facilitators....and all of them looking for slick ways to fleece the American Taxpayer. Trump doesn't even have a wall oversite committee in place because the funding hasn't been appropriated.

Piles and piles of paperwork to be dealt with, not to mention the cyber data processes. It will take years....

But at least we can be entertained with his sound bites telling us how beautiful the wall is when it's mainly a fantasy in Trumps demented mind.

edit on 22-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
"SOLAR"

Solar Death Ray

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think it would be wonderful for trump to build the MOST beautiful wall ever created out of crystals, at the same time find a way to harvest energy like the Antlanteans once did.

It would be both beautiful and science-based at the same time, a learning experience for all, while pretending to keep the mexicans out.

The first wall, the first of anything of its type...built out of crystals serving dual purposes...make renewable energy, creating beauty and keeping mexicans out
edit on 22-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hopefully he hires Jon Snow to man this wall, that guy is badass. He can handle the White Walkers so a few Mexicans aren't going to be a challenge at all.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You all thinking this is a great idea! Trump has fooled you all again, you poor, poor people!

Trump needs to generate 1.21 gigawatts of electric to maintain his tan and hair colour. As soon as that solar powered wall is build and the Don is plugged in we will see terror like we've never witnessed...end times.

It'll be so bad not even the most extreme left-wing soothsayer could have foresaw it coming, it'll look great on the TV.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Seeing as CHINA is the up-and-COMING leader in SOLAR tech...

We might have to have China BUILD the wall.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

that may help make our relationship with China bigly and beautiful like old pals reuniting.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
My last post was an attempt at what you humans call "humor", but to get "serious" for a second...

My fertile imagination got the better of me for a bit there and I was living the dream, very vivid it was. Donald was plugged into the grid, I was in a bar in the future. A television floated down and there was Trump, Max Headroom style with the bizarre background. He informs me that he is now 87 years old and that his birthday is tomorrow.

He finishes with a very foreboding warning.

When this baby reaches 88, you're gonna see some serious $h!7!

Then the screen goes blank and the room fills with an intense golden light, I feel my skin melt in a blinding heat and I turn around to look out the window and it's a nuclear apocalpyse, my eyes melted and I woke up here, on ATS.

Clearly, I'm a prophet of some kind and Trump is the anti-christ.
edit on 22-6-2017 by LungFuMoShi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This "beautiful" solar wall has just thrown me out into a twilight zone, but this time a much better one than when don was announced our next president.

It made me think of don, and how all he wants is what is best...for himself and this is how he will get it, by making everything beautiful and solar and a wall, and keeping both sides happy.

He may go down in history as the most arrogant man-child to ever be president, most twittertarded and akward but he just may have the most beautiful first lady and also be the first to join the left and right forces under universal health care.

If Obama did half of a universal care plan...the red half of the US would never go for it (yes as what happened and is still happening) but if trump announced a full on universal trumpcare plan...the red AND the blue will be delighted and we would turn a beautiful shade of purple.

its so beautiful and i just ate some chocolate cake that was so delicious and life is soooo good.
edit on 22-6-2017 by veracity because: soooo many typos omg

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I really liked what you said there, it was really nice and lovely and made me laugh at how amazing things are right now.

But seriously, wouldn't it be better if Trump simply built an enclosed solar farm along the us border and employ actual people to maintain it? It might not necessarily be an actual wall but it still acts at a barrier of sorts and has other, obvious advantages.

When I first heard this, my naive mind immediately conured up an image of a wall actually built from solar panels...like a stupid brick wall you'd build yourself in a garden only solar blocks instead of bricks. I literally saw that in my head, and kinda went with it until I realised it was stupid.

I dunno...I think it would be bette if Trump simply erected doors all along the US border so that people illegally entering the US don't feel unwelcome when they sneak in. It must be helluva triggering as it is now, imagine how triggering it'll be if controls are introduced to make it hard?

Trump needs to put solar powered doors all along the US border or illegals will be sad and cry. Unlocked doors possibly with those doormats that say things like "welcome" and all that. My mum has one that has an image of Clint Eastwood and it says "come on in, make my day", we shouldn't use that as it can be taken as a threat, cos it's Clint.

But, yeah...just a big farm of solar panels, not an actual solar wall, which is probably inefficient. No, strategically placed and angled panels, perhaps some machinery to allow the direction and slope of the panels so that they are always facing the sun. And lot's of people employed to monitor and maintain it. Make it a restricted area, like an army base or something...get them lads who keep an eye on area 51 involved they're pretty on the ball.

I don't actually think a wall is necessary at all come to think of it.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join