It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump announces plans to construct a beautiful SOLAR-WALL, so Mexico pays much less.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
The funniest thing I find is this.

100% of leftists think it's perfectly normal that one should have to present a passport in order to enter ANY OTHER COUNTRY ON EARTH but if the United States requires you to do the same as EVERY OTHER COUNTRY ON EARTH, then the United States is racist
One should be able to simply walk into the country and LIVE here and VOTE here and raise a family here for the rest of their life.
Even though NO OTHER COUNTRY ON EARTH allows that.

Hypocrisy, playbook of the left

As far as a solar wall, good idea. Can't wait to see it. Hopefully it also has drones surveillance and an imposing moat, and have ICE patrols and some sort of defence that seriously injures anyone at all that attempts to breach the wall.

I'm not white, I'm actually an immigrant myself. President trump clearly supports immigration

It's just a pity that some people are so THICK they think that 'immigrant' is the same thing as 'illegal immigrant'

You forgot to add "and have the Amercian citizens pay for it all". On your last comment, they are not thick, they are inentionally conflating the two for political purposes. Those of us who understand the issue are very clear on the difference...and we welcome all LEGAL immigrants (especially since most of our family's LEGALLY immigrated into the US at one time or another). I will say that I don't consider stepping over the border and dropping a baby legal immigration, but as long as those folks aren't sponging off the system, concessions should be made until that law is changed.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

LMAO! What proof is there that he has done anything illegal to affect the outcome of a "legitimate" investigation? What is it exactly that makes the investigation "legitimate"? Anonymous sources say this, anonymous sources say that. WTF kind of proof is that? I have an anonymous source that says Hillary Clinton eats 3 day old babies dipped in chocolate sauce for breakfast each morning, so by your logic if we investigate that it would be legitimate. Anonymous sources say Lyndsey Graham is gay, anonymous sources say John McCain was turned into a Manchurian candidate during his time in Vietnamese prison camps. Lets investigate!

The democrats and John McCain (also a democrat in my opinion) have lost their minds.

Whatcha gonna do when Trumpamania destroys you? WOOOO!
edit on 22-6-2017 by Trumpamania because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2017 by Trumpamania because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
And yet, not one penny has been appropriated or obligated to any construction of any wall to date. I'm still betting on no actual construction started, come the 2020 election.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
And yet, not one penny has been appropriated or obligated to any construction of any wall to date. I'm still betting on no actual construction started, come the 2020 election.

The wall just got 50 feet higher!

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I hate the idea.

We are appropriating the energy of the sun for our own uses.

It is Celestial Appropriation.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I hate the idea.

We are appropriating the energy of the sun for our own uses.

It is Celestial Appropriation.

Would you say its kinda like we are bullying the sun?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

The lawyers, beancounters and scribes are in place under a different federal classification. Construction can't begin until all
the private right of way legalities have been taken care of. As of yet the feds haven't even set up a clearing house data base to keep track of construction services, vendors and real estate deeds, property rights, design parameters, etc.

The current wall building in Arizona is being sponsored , paid for by the State of Arizona. The feds haven't even set up a proper liaison with the state land office and and private property owners.

It takes a lot more preparation than just moving in the backhoes, concrete trucks and form builders.

Most low information Trump devotees completely ignore the years it will take to even start construction.

Some land owners don't want the WALL on their property and the imminent domain lawsuits will take years.

All the attorneys in the SW are doing a happy dance. believe me.

I have a vested interest in the WALL at least being started. However it looks like Trump has already started pulling funding for this project. What's tthat tell ya.....?????

www.dallasnews.com...
www.reuters.com...

edit on 22-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Hm. Well the main issue I have is the direction the solar cells would be facing - generally North.

That is the least efficient direction for gathering energy from the sun.

The could be placed on the Mexico side, but this would cause problems for maintenance should any of them have problems.

Another issue is added cost to the wall for the systems to be put in place to utilize the solar energy with any efficiency in cost savings.

Finally, the wall in a physical form for border patrol is rather primitive in general and fairly easy to overcome.

It would cost far less and be more effective to build electronic monitoring systems to deal with border patrol.

You wouldn't have all the issues with blocking the river and taking over massive amounts of people's property, construction mess, etc.

I would love to see a big solar project properly done, however.

edit on 22-6-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trumpamania
a reply to: introvert

I don't understand how people could not love Trump. He is hilarious. He is kicking tail. He drives liberals to the precipice of madness. He has a blast being President. He works like a dog to put this country back on track and return it to its former glory from the near Third World crap hole its quickly turning into. What's not to LOVE!

Hillary is in prison, the walls under construction, we are no longer funding known exporters of terrorists (Israel, Saudia Arabia, Qatari), the privatized banking cartel (fractional reserve banking) is being audited and investigated, oh.... wait a minute....

When you take out of all your "he works like a dog to get this nation running," bells and whistles and instead focus on his actual policies and his (failures) when it comes to implementing them.... looks a whole lot different.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

However it looks like Trump has already started pulling funding for this project.

Better call Saul! Saul Goodman cuz... ya know... it's all good, man!

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: RazorV66
Build it out of dog sh*t....who cares? Just hurry up and build it.

gpm-b2g.com...

You stupid POS

Huh?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Presidential Office Slaves!(?)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

BEcause they just ended the bidding process. Then there will be prototypes. I remember him saying something on the trail about solar power also. I think it is a great idea. Power the sheds that are needed to house the retired vets that will be manning the wall, right?

www.npr.org...

As well as the fact this was already approved in the mid 2000's but Obama stopped funding. I guess it made it easier for him and Holder to run those guns.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: RazorV66

Presidential Office Slaves!(?)

There should already be a fed WALL dept. under the auspices of the DHS to start the infrastructure of building this boondoggle. As of yet it hasn't been formulated or funded. Photo ops with the DHC head along the Tex/Mex border is just for show.

Time to get started Mr President.
edit on 22-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Question to all the trumpiteers...

If Trump put out a universal healthcare plan that was absolutely gorgeous, no one would ever be denied and every child, elder and working american, poor and rich, and every vet would be covered with absolutely no pre-existing conditions, the faces of our children will grow happy and delight would once again be restored for all to make America healthier again...

would you like his new trumpcare plan?

keep in mind...its a universal healthcare plan...but its Trumps!

(he may be the one to do this)
edit on 22-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

If it did not cost me or anyone else a dime in taxes yes I would entertain it. I also want a flat tax. However, it is the Healthcare industry and the lobbyists that will keep this away forever. There are too many people in the US. To much money to be made by Healthcare.

What is needed is a true open market. There is no reason a premium in NYC for a family should be 2600 a month but in Florida 1400 a month. I am hoping that Trump is the one to tell them it is time to fall in line because he is taking away the subsidizes that Obama promised and has delivered already.

Anyone who did not want this is crazy...
edit on 06am30amf0000002017-06-22T10:44:46-05:001046 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

BEcause they just ended the bidding process. Then there will be prototypes. I remember him saying something on the trail about solar power also. I think it is a great idea. Power the sheds that are needed to house the retired vets that will be manning the wall, right?

www.npr.org...

As well as the fact this was already approved in the mid 2000's but Obama stopped funding. I guess it made it easier for him and Holder to run those guns.

Contracts for building proto types will take years to be implemented and funded. Then years to decide on which prototyqp will be ok for construction. But the main concern is the Realestate the wall will be built on. It will be a legal nightmare as much as a logistical problem.

www.foxnews.com...

Anyone that has dealt with the fed. on anykind of project knows it always goes over budget, behind schedule and usually turns out to be ineffectual and ugly.

I don't care though my LLC is concerned with record keeping of construction and labor.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Wait a second. Trump just stopped funding Obamas wall as promised, he'll fund his own once he gets his ...err... administration actually ... errr... administrating things. Promise!

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Already funded and an end date is in the NPR link.

Several prototypes of the wall will be built on federally controlled land in San Diego. Customs and Border Protection chose that site for its accessibility and to evaluate the bids "as part of the larger existing border infrastructure," said a CBP spokesperson. The agency said each wall prototype will be 30 feet long and range in height from 18 to 30 feet. Finalists will be announced in June with the expectation that prototype construction will be completed 30 days later.

Eminent Domain is always an issue but this is about the US border and not taking it to build a new highway that you could put somewhere else if needed.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Spit-balling here...but what if these wall-mounted solar panel arrays were able to be re-directed and focused to turn into gigantic solar death rays aimed at drug smugglers?

It's just crazy enough to work.

Atreyu better have his citizenship card visible...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join