It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Black Caucus refuses to meet with Donald Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

This reminds me of the ring kissing thing with the pope.

I doubt Trump is a ring kisser and the BC is pissed.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Trump absolutely kisses rings...

The rings of those people willing to pay enough $$$ to make it worth his while.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

So the B C needs to throw $$$$ at Trump?

I fail to see what you are saying.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
It's a free country, yes?

If they don't want to, they don't have to.

Are you SURE it is a free country?

I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Where is the Indian Caucus. Probably under a different name. The North American Native Caucus.
Where is the Latino Caucus.
There should be a Cuban Exiles Caucus.

How many are there?

Divided you are and divided you will fall.

The racial divide will continue until both sides do some significant soul searching. This will not happen.

The racial divide is what gets these people elected as they promise to fight the white man.

P

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I don't understand why we have a Congressional Black Caucus. How are we ever going to get together if there is still segregation in Congress?

People have to stop thinking about the color of people's skin - totally stop thinking about it, stop making it part of any discussion or decision, stop using it as an excuse, stop using it to claim privilege or discrimination, just stop it. That goes for everyone, no matter what color our skin is. That can start with Congress.

Its because the amount of congressmen do not reflect the amount of blacks in our society. It's the same with women , not sure if women have a coccus or not. Some believe that the congress being majority white men is by design more than a true reflection of what our country is. Our government should reflect the people much more than it does. I blame the voters for this though.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

The racial divide is what gets these people elected as they promise to fight the white man.

P

Actually, it might have to do with demographics of the voting area. Even though, repugs and dems have gerrymandered the snot out of electoral districts, race is still a factor.

I take it you are a white man since you are so threatened by this...
Not judging. But take a look at how badly districts have been gerrymandered since the 90's conservative revolution...
There's a reason why the House has been firmly repug.
The maps make it so.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

A black man was elected President. Twice. There's no systemic racism happening, that's a delusion. If you want more black men/women in Congress, run more. I thought Dems were the "party of diversity"? They seem to have forgotten it since they ran Obama. Who were the Dem candidates for President this last time around? That's right, 3 white people. Who have they put up in these special elections? 4 white men. Talk about a whitelash.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I think this has more to say bout our economical system than white vs black. As the good paying jobs contiue to cansih, this is going to get uglier and uglier.

How nice it is that the politicians have made it a race thing inplace of a why is pay so low?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

You mean the ones leading back to January 19, two months before they actually met together for the first time? Obviously Trump has done something so that the CBC doesn't want to meet with him again.

The article is misleading, if the CBC isn't meeting Trump on the grounds of race then they wouldn't have already met with him 3 months ago.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Its cool. The more they think we care what they endorse or not, the more we vote in private.

How did Trump get the millions of black votes these people try to claim as theirs to barter with?

They voted freely for the best candidate they saw.

They are just as representative as any other black community. In fact they can represent themselves just fine without political leaders telling them what to think.

Same with the "gay" votes for Trump. Why such a thing is seen as being a gay vote is absurd. It implies a certain level of domestication.

"My gays and blacks will not vote for you. We decided. Those votes I control will go where I say"

"They are OUR votes.....not our fellow citizens votes.
We allocate them to who ever we like."

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Who said anything about race?

They won't meet cause he is going to devastate the "black community".

That sound very segregated. But it is OK, it is the B C.
edit on 21-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I take it you are a white man since you are so threatened by this...

Typical BS. Why are you threatened by the views of a white man.

But take a look at how badly districts have been gerrymandered

It is fairly easy to work out. Black people make up about 9% of the population. So there should be a corresponding number of black people in Congress. But if many of those Black voters live in mixed communities, then their votes will get swamped every time.

Of course this assumes that white people vote for a white candidate and black people for the black candidates and if this is how things go, then you still have huge racial issues, but then, the rest of the world can easily see this truth.

I am an Australian and quite frankly, I do not give a single damn what bloody color you are. The problem may be that the black candidates keep shooting themselves in the foot by only espousing the continuing rhetoric of black vs white.

Sensible voters will stay away from those candidates.

It is a complex issue and saying that there are not enough black people in this or that job infers that the country is a racial minefield ... as it is.

P

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
....ok, no problem, now I can concentrate on NK, Syria, and other little things....

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The CBC is a group of money hungry traitors, just like most all the other politicians. They sold out to big money long ago. Black leadership is more responsive to money and corporate media than to their constituents. But they're even worse than politicians as a whole because they were specifically created to represent the needs of the black communities in the US and the challenges they faced. Instead, they folded like a cheap suit to greed.

They're like the UN, an empty hole to throw money at where a few elites benefit and everyone else are just pawns used in the game of helping the rich get richer.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The black community really does not understand politics. The black vote has been completely marginalized.

Why would Donald Trump give two flips about what the CBC wants? 95% of blacks vote for Democrats. All throughout the election he was accused of being a racist, etc. Now that he won, these same minstrels want to come with hat in hand asking what he is going to do for them like he owns them a favor? GTFOH...

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The Congressional Black Caucus is still making decisions based on their racial prejudices I see.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
perhaps there should be a white caucus

There is:

It's called "pretty much everyone else in congress".

Are you a racist? There certainly are other races well represented in Congress.

The Hill

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Ignorant on their part. The best way to defeat an enemy, if that is what they think Trump is, is to get insight in to their thinking and approach.

Not smart on their part and pure political posturing.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: allsee4eye
perhaps there should be a white caucus

There is:

It's called "pretty much everyone else in congress".

Are you a racist? There certainly are other races well represented in Congress.

The Hill

SO a total of 535, 435 reps and 100 senators.

9% of the population are black so ...

535 * 9% = 48

There are 49 black people according to that chart, one more than there should be based on representation.

What the bloody hell are people complaining about?

I do not see the problem!

P

edit on 21/6/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join