It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Levitation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
oui

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I myself, being a follower of the buddhas path, have been observing this thread, as well as this entire message board for quite a while. I have finally decided to come on, and post...

Anyhow, as far as Buddhas being fat, I must respectfully disagree with this point. Many followers of The Buddha during his time (6th century BC), as well as members of the Sangha were quite skinny. They often depended on generous food offerings from others, outside the Sangha. It is still very common to see buddhist monks, in countries such as Java, Tibet, Loas, Vietnam, Etc. silently asking for alms/charity.

To name but a few of the "skinny" followers that attained the varying stages of realization (of nirvana) during their lifetimes, I bring up Pukkusati, Musila, as well as Asanga.

Also I am not entirely sure, but I believe someone translated "Buddha" as "Hand of God". Just incase it was, I'd like to humbly offer a correction. "Buddha" would be better off defined as "Awakened One", or "Enlightened One".

Also as far as a Buddhist monk kicking someones "rear-end", I'm pretty sure they wouldn't. Allthough I do realize that perhaps the saying was meant to be funny. I'd just like to express the fact, that it is much more admirable, and noble to exercise patience, and love towards a person, as opposed to resorting to a physical confrontation.

223 of the Dhammapada:
"Conquer anger by love, evil by good; conquer the miser with liberality, and the liar with truth."

I am sorry If I type to much, much can be said about the topics at hand.

Also, I'd just like to say hello, being that it is my first post.

Peace, love, and Kindness.

(PS. No, I am not french, despite the fact my name is Oui. lol.)

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Mac

Especially for you:

1. Buddhism is not a religion.

2. I know many, many Buddhists. I don't hate any of them.

3. You need to be able to discern humor from logical argument and statement of fact, otherwise you are going to be needlessly sickened a lot by ATS I think.

4. Buddhist monks are human beings.

5. Human beings don't levitate. They're not built that way.

I encourage free education for all.

Over and out.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
just because one cannot do something, means not that it cannot be done at all.

levitation and flying around like superman are two different things. i belive that if you look past what your mind senses, and look towards what it percieves, then you can truely be great, but each individual must unlock his own potential.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Hey PC

I think your comments are more in support of my own view of levitation.

And I would dearly like to see someone other than an illusionist perform the physical act of levitation, like the paper claims the Buddhist monks have done. Funny that no-one has bothered to find the article...

In the meantime I'm happy with my own levitation practices.

I just realised I may have offended Mac if he/she is grossly overweight. Very sorry, I have no biases about obesity as long as it's not accompanied by constant flatulence.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 03:04 AM
link   
i don't like people who think they deserve pity cos of obesity. it aint my fault you ate that there buffet table!!!

i can understand gland troubles and stuff like that, but not woofing down three big macs like oreos.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   
If you know about the Story of the life of Buddha then you also know why he is obese.

For about 20 years of his life he sat underneath a tree speaking of philosophy as well as other discussion of reason, relevant to peoples need.

Outside of keeping himself clean he engaged in no other physical activity, in recompense for his teaching and judgment the people of the town where the tree was brought him food. Had it not been for that he would have died as he had no intention of doing anything else beyond what he was doing to stay alive.

The fact that he is obese represents how wise and intelligent he was, as his only way of supporting himself was by his wisdom (for him it was his test of faith).

Beyond that, there really is more than one Buddha and not every Buddhist culture treats the same one with the same reverence as the others.

But they are all considered Hands of God which is a term to be taken literally, in a similar way how Jesus
is accepted as God.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hmmm...just a thought...does anyone think that it is possible to levitate oneself by way of reabsorbing one's own energy? I do believe that it is possible to levitate another object via the harnessing of its own, personal energy.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well...it said these two monks did it by extreme, and I do mean extreme concentration. One of the men had been a monk and had been training for about 50 years they said. The other man was a monk that had been training for 30 years. I don't think I included that.

-Peace

-Mac

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
There was a link floating (pardon the pun) at this site about a year ago about a man who looked about to be in his 40s doing the same thing (images were included).

Have done some preliminary searches at ATS but have not yet found it, have also used Webferret once or twice but as of yet to no avail.

Mac223 have you checked to see if the newspaper has a website?

Did find this which I thought was interesting....

www.labyrinthina.com...

A relevant issue is the ability of the body to store energy and interestingly enough sound is a factor.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thanks for the link Toltec.

I would also like to hear more from oui.

It is almost as though s/he has broken a vow of silence to report something important and then vanished, but I hope it is not the last to be heard from that non-French peace-loving entity.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Music-powered rapid boulder projection is indeed an interesting and probably more scientifically important phenomenon than self-levitation.

Why do these stories always end like this:

The English Society for which Dr Jarl was working confiscated the two films and declared them classified. They will not be released until 1990.

And to whom were the films released in 1990, and where are they today, and all other conspiratorial questions related to the phenomenon of music-powered rapid boulder projection?

oui

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

I would also like to hear more from oui.

It is almost as though s/he has broken a vow of silence to report something important and then vanished, but I hope it is not the last to be heard from that non-French peace-loving entity.

lol, friend.

Thankyou for the compliment.

Vow of silence?? Nah. I'd just rather stop, and think before I start posting, as opposed to "Just posting". At times I can be rather talkative.

A well thought/planned out post will have much more substance to it, as opposed to a post, that was just typed out with no thought at all.

Also this is certainly NOT, the last time you will be hearing from me though. I will try to honor this board, and contribute as much as I can to the "ATS" community, on all matters that I can...

My name is Felix. Feel free to call me by my real name, or oui, whatever you prefer...

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Oui, Felix

I look forward to more from your bag of tricks when you are so inclined.

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
David Blaine levitated on the streets of Harlem, anyone catch that?

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I saw that...david blain
But its street majic...im not to sure about him.
My grandfather lived in india and told me that hes seen bhuddist's livitate aswell. About a foot or so of the ground.
Deep

posted on Jul, 1 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   
My little brother watched a friend of his levitate while he was sleeping. My brother was at a sleepover at a friends house and woke up to use the bathroom, looked over to his friend and he was a couple feet off of the floor and sound asleep. My brother dressed and came home. His friend denies the incident, but I believe my brother.

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
There was some saint.. sorry I really can't recall name, but she was levitating in air, but when they put holy water on her, she would go down..
Demonic forces?
Also, this priest has experienced bilocation, levitation, has stigmatas etc.

click

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
skepdic.com...

If this were truly for real, these guys could make a fortune...but it's fraud...

DAVID BLAINE AND BALDUCCI LEVITATION

EFFECT

The magician raises his arms up by his sides and slowly appears to rise a few inches off the ground for a little while before returning to earth quickly.

BALDUCCI METHOD

The Balducci method involves positioning your audience about 8 to 10 feet away at a 45 degree angle.You need to keep your audience small so they are within this field of sight.

This is a very restrictive angle trick and it is essential that the angles are practised,preferably with a friend or in front of a mirror.

The Balducci levitation involves pretending to float off the ground by going on to your tip toes on just one foot ( the one furthest from their view ) while the nearest foot is raised a little off tthe ground.

This looks fantastic as the foot on your tip toe is hidden by your trousers , the nearest foot and the angle they are watching at. You only rise a few inches off the ground but the impression is fantastic. This trick is all in the presentation with you appearing to rise slowly , wait for a second or two and then return to the ground quickly so as the audience do not have time to figure the trick out.

The picture here shows the beginning on the left and the climax of the trick on the right .

. DAVID BLAINE VERSION

David Blaine used various camera shots in his TV special with the audience reaction being filmed close up and linked to other clips of him in mid air with some of the angles showing the Balducci levitation.

The view that shows him rise a good few inches in the air and does not show the audience and would have been done with a bar attached to a pivot like a seesaw.

The end of the pivot would have had a hook which clipped onto a harness attached to his belt and a member of the crew would have pushed down on the other side of the bar lifting David up in the air. The camera angle would have hidden the props.

This film would have been mixed in with the audience clips in the studios later.

The Balducci levitation is clearly explained in the Learn to levitate video which can be ordered online by clicking the link here and will allow you to learn master and perform self levitation like David Blaine and object levitation very quickly with incredible results . Go ahead and click the link above now .

[Edited on 2-7-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
this chick i used to have a crush on woke up one night floating above her bed. She was woke up by her friend who was watching it happen.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join