It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyday Terrorist Sympathizers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

As I have stated on the first page it's how we look at it.
You guys look at Islam as hateful and supporting terrorism so every time people like me say that not all Muslims are terrorists or support terrorism you guys jump in and say that we support terrorism.
It's the binary thinking someone else mentioned on the first page.

ETA - I gave you a star for seeing my side. Not a compromise, just seeing where I am coming from.
edit on 6/22/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

You guys look at Islam as hateful and supporting terrorism so every time people like me say that not all Muslims are terrorists or support terrorism you guys jump in and say that we support terrorism.

And what do you think when someone says not all nazis were bad people? Which is a very true statement

I don't think anyone who says 'not all Muslims are bad' supports terrorists. But I have a hard time with people who believe nazism should be ridiculed, mocked and even outlawed but Islam should be tolerated.

Nazism has NOTHING on Islam , so why the double standards?

Outlaw them BOTH

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
There are MANY peaceful KKK members and nazis too remember

I'm sure there are but saying so puts you on the wrong side of the OP because now you would be an apologist because some of the members of those groups have committed some violent acts. That is what the thread is about.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
There are MANY peaceful KKK members and nazis too remember

I'm sure there are but saying so puts you on the wrong side of the OP because now you would be an apologist because some of the members of those groups have committed some violent acts. That is what the thread is about.

Saying there are peaceful nazis is NOT condoning nazism. It's just stating a fact.

Yes, there ARE peaceful Muslims. That doesn't change the fact that Islam itself is a disgusting hateful ideology

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I HATE Islam but not because of terrorism. I hate most religions with equal passion.
Some religions breed radical ideas and terrorism.
I have met many Muslims. Many live near here. They are very tolerant and nice. Some even give me food.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
you guys go the long way round to agree with each other

link   

I HATE Islam but not because of terrorism. I hate most religions with equal passion.
Some religions breed radical ideas and terrorism.
I have met many Muslims. Many live near here. They are very tolerant and nice. Some even give me food.

That's because they're 'people' , not 'muslims'

We need to outlaw Islam. And actually ALL false beliefs. They cause nothing good.

I think we agree on a lot. I think ALL humans do. It's the ideologies we can do without

link   

originally posted by: kibric

But we get there, there's hope for us all yet

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

See that's what I am driving at!!!!! They are people!!!! Me defending them is not the same as supporting terrorism!!!!!

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

Partisanism is what divides us.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I don't think I've accused you of supporting terrorism though. Have I? Didn't mean to.

I just wanted to drive the point that Islam itself is the thing we need to outlaw, but you already agreed on that one.

Terrorism is a whole separate issue, not exclusively linked to Islam at all.

Tamil Tigers, IRA , Asian Dawn (ha ha), all terror groups, non Islamic

Please tell me you've heard of the Asian Dawn group, that way I KNOW we've at least got great taste in movies

edit on 22 6 2017 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

At least you see where I am coming from.

I've read articles and blogs from Muslims and Imams explaining how Quran doesn't support murder and terrorism. I am not an expert on Islam but I would rather listen to them and try to learn. It's pretty scary if Islam does actually support and Muslim Americans support that then that is conservatives' worst nightmare.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

At least you see where I am coming from.

I've read articles and blogs from Muslims and Imams explaining how Quran doesn't support murder and terrorism. I am not an expert on Islam but I would rather listen to them and try to learn. It's pretty scary if Islam does actually support and Muslim Americans support that then that is conservatives' worst nightmare.

Time will show us

After all, total worldwide spread of Islam and total conversion of every human on earth is a publicly stated goal of Islam and indeed one of the main tenets.

The same can be said of most religions though. They all want to convert everyone.

Reading from the minds of peaceful Muslims hopefully will become more common as more of the peaceful Muslims start to blog etc. I believe it's the Muslim community that needs to understand everyone else though, because it's EVERYONE who they seem to oppose.

A full list of cultures that are incompatible with Islam would include every single culture on earth. Look at the peaceful Hindu, they found out first hand where tolerance gets you.

We didn't tolerate or try to assimilate with nazism. For good reason.

Separating church from state would be an awesome thing to see in the Middle East for a start, I think that move would bring Islam into the common era so it can live alongside and share society with the rest of us.

Every other culture on earth is able to live among one another in peace.

Every culture on earth that lives alongside Islam has to bend its ways to accommodate 'or else'.

It's not hidden, every person knows this. Hopefully it won't last,

hopefully the peaceful Muslims prevail.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Your view: Islam encourages Jihad and terrorism.
My view: It doesn't. (From what I have been reading from Muslims' writings)

If you are correct then the peaceful and tolerant Muslims don't really understand it.
If I am correct then the peaceful and tolerant Muslims understand Quran and the radical Muslims (fake Muslims) don't.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Your view: Islam encourages Jihad and terrorism.
My view: It doesn't. (From what I have been reading from Muslims' writings)

If you are correct then the peaceful and tolerant Muslims don't really understand it.
If I am correct then the peaceful and tolerant Muslims understand Quran and the radical Muslims (fake Muslims) don't.

Yeah, that is my view
I also believe in taqiyya and the Muslims who claim Islam doesn't teach to kill others are employing taqqiya

Just pick one up, and read it with this in mind

It's for public consumption man, it's not a hidden message.

Some Christians claim the bible didn't inspire witch burnings

Doesn't make it so
edit on 22 6 2017 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Maybe IgnoranceIsntBless will read our conversation and realize that most people on the left are not "terrorist sympathizers".

Good discussion. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

ETA - I gave you a star for seeing my side. Not a compromise, just seeing where I am coming from.

What I was getting at in the OP with the Islam topic has a lot to do with people derailing threads. But there's overt support in the left. One HuffPo article I saw posted here, it flat out justified the Muslim gang rapes in Germany as being the fault of the women for being out alone at night past midnight I think it was. With the Islam topic in the context of the OP, its generally derailment tactics. Or deflect: oh but in the Old Testament there's many of the same kinds of quotes those monsters in this story acted out. As if there's a Christian society anywhere that makes that kind of stuff their MO.

But then that 'oh well I know some Muslim's and they aren't child rapers' kind of thing, like we saw Ben Affleck perform, its too common there's a RABID opposition to criticizing Islam no matter how dark the social dynamics, no matter how brutal the act, oh because they're not all like that. And that, as seen, is too often a method of derailment.

And it comes so often in breaking threads where people are just reacting to the events, and now for 75 pages everyone will go back on forth. When come on like how many people REALLY believe all Muslim's are going to run over a crowd of people, etc?

BUT there are some people out there who do get that deep into it, but as I also mentioned these kinds of tactics I'm talking about, where there can hardly ever be a constructive dialog about shaming the Dark Side of Islam, and all the rest, it enables the people that are the bad apples to keep being rotten.

Honestly, in the clear cut cases, over a long enough timeline that behavior alone is borderline Terrorist Collaborator material. Because when en masse people are being subjugated, and all the rest, all because half the population refuses to allow anyone to criticize their culture, at some point the pain that continues to flow on, must too end up in the hands of the people who typed so long and hard to ensure nobody 'hurt the feelings' of the people out there that the criticisms dont even apply to.
edit on 22-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Another way to put a lot of what I've been getting at across the thread:

It always seems there's people whom come raging in and work overtime to divert the attention away from the ideologies that push people over the edge.

From case to case the individuals and their acts are but mere symptoms, of the ideologies which are the disease. Not all diseases kill all people, of course. But some more than others. And its always quantifiable. Like with ideologies the numbers of people they push over the edge, and the people they hurt because of it.

This big approach I've been criticizing, it's like blaming the symptoms as being the disease, and only being willing to even consider treating the symptoms even after being given enough data to make a clear case its the disease that requires the treatment (top down instead of bottom up).

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Buckle up!

Spot on though.

I hope you had put extra butter on that popcorn!

Salt wasnt needed though, obviosuly!

edit on 22-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I think for me it is the fact that Western foreign policy has fed these ideologies against us and created breeding grounds for people who hate us. People are naive to think that this mess was not caused by the west, US an UK in particular. I would like to see a change there. Currently, even saying this in the UK on a public platform is very un-PC and could result in ridicule as people are so brainwashed my the MSM. Its a complex issue that isn't as black and white as people think.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join