It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyday Terrorist Sympathizers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Freedom of Speech has a great feature.

You can let Confirmation Bias twist the words to mean what you wish they said.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: draoicht

Freedom of Speech has a great feature.

You can let Confirmation Bias twist the words to mean what you wish they said.

Um every time I say that not all Muslims are terrorists or terrorist sympathizer I get called an "Islam apologist" all of sudden even though I HATE Islam.
Who is twisting whose words?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I'm not twisting your words.

I like Plain English.

I dislike being misquoted.

The OP addresses a wide and interesting question.

Perhaps it deserves considered and nuanced examination?

It seems to deserve more than reflexive binary thinking.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: draoicht

Oh not saying that you twisted my words.

Just explaining how both sides think about Muslims.
And I agree it's more complicated than a simple binary thinking. Left vs. Right thinking.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Perhaps it deserves considered and nuanced examination?

Maybe it doesn't.

It seems to deserve more than reflexive binary thinking.

That isn't what Deaf Alien gave it.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

ATS's 'everyday liberals' are so desperate to paint me into a binary box.

Just because I'm so vocal against all this mass SJW induced liberal insanity doesn't make me a conservative.

If the weekly mass atrocities (that have occurred at least once nearly every consecutive week for over a year), and more importantly the everyday liberals around here didn't nurture and support them as I've described, then I'd have let up a long time ago.

Just because current liberal policies are insane doesn't inherently make all your opposition "conservatives" either. Pretty much any policy you guys get on about, the more you add them up in light of the rest of them the more and more and more completely absurd it all adds up to be.

If you'd scrap this SJW lunacy from all your thinking it wouldn't be so bad.

Dont forget, 10 years ago when it was Bush etc they all labelled me a "liberal" on a daily basis as todays everyday leftists around here now do. And the more you each keep making me remind you of this the more absurd you each paint yourselves to be.

I will admit, that current conservative policies for the most part are vastly more sane than current liberal policies. But that still doesn't mean I'm a conservative.

The world isn't just Republican & Democrat, and there's hardly anyone around here that whose record surpasses mine of championing the downfall of the Two Party System in general, and assaulting binary political logic in particular.

So good luck with all that.

Furthermore, just because I often support Trump doesn't make me some mindless drone, a conservative, or whatever. Mainstream liberalism rife with its SJW platform necessitated stopping the DNC in general. The DNC ramrodding Hillary Rodham (Queen SJW / Hate Speech Hillary) on down the pike further mandated stopping her. Hell, it was mandatory even if she wasn't totally off the charts with SJW demagoguery.

From there the general totally out of their minds approach of rioting, crying en masse, and all the Neo-McCarthyism, calls for mass censorship across the Internet, and everything else the liberals have been doing to Trump for the most part keeps stacking up to amounting to an International er Globalist House of Farce Cakes. There's been a few things that had merit, and I jumped all over the apparent Neocon posturing with North Korea, but the rest of the SCREAM allegations for impeachment have either been total BS, or nothing much different than we'd have expected from Bush or Obama.

And I have no patience for hypocrisy. While I cant not jump all over fallacy + lunacy + hate mongering. While in all this case, all the BS mud flinging, and rabid hypocrisies, it's all being used to ush this violent uprising initiative. And therefore its a patriotic duty to criticize it vastly beyond criticizing conservatives for being partisan hacks, as usual. The situation with the liberal front, the SJW Horde, the Antifa Goosesteppers, etc, is WAAAAY beyond typical as to be expected partisansnip from a decade ago.

So keep it up liberals. And I'll keep correcting your insanities. It has to be done. As i've said many times, at least the Bush minion conservative types mostly just wanted memory of the disgrace that he was to fade away. Lets move on was my impression of THEM. A critical stage of growing up. In the case of the modern everyday liberal, Obama was every bit the disgrace Bush was, and yet he's held in this sainthood regard, he who walketh without scandal and talketh without lies.

If the everyday liberals cant get square with the fact Obama was the same kind of POS as Bush, that he should be kicked to the curb and never repeated, then we The United States of America are completely screwed (I mean like way way worse than we are already). And you Democrat supporters, your party will never return if you cant get square with truth; with reality. Personally, I want to see "both" "party's" crash and burn. But the fact today apparent to most any possible outsider is: the DNC is way beyond the mark of being a catalyst of societal implosion if they arent stopped.

As I said in the OP, its up to the people of a group to self-criticize, and if nobody will then the worst case scenarios will occur, and the errors wont be corrected in the future. THIS GOES FOR EVERYONE. Now its Trump supporters turn to keep him honest. I've been doing my part where there was actual merit.
edit on 21-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

This is only page 2 where have they tried to paint you into a box?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Its every day type stuff for me round here. It's basically a badge of honor, especially given my history of the Bush people always calling me a liberal, it ends to waste my time though and nothing is more valuable than time.

But here ya go from herein:

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Simplistic binary thinking.

How does the Kool Aid taste?

Are you saying that IgnoranceIsntBless has a simplistic binary thinking? If so then I agree. Many displayed that in various anti-Muslim threads.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I understand what you are saying but we get tired of being called terrorist sympathizers and Islam apologists just because we believe that most Muslims don't support radical Islam and terrorism. If anyone is displaying "binary thinking" it is them.
That is exactly why we keep bringing up Christian terrorism to display their binary thinking. It's like holding up a mirror to them.

edit on 6/21/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Actually it was the other guy who said that not me. I bounced it back on you.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I do believe that was a play on the words in the post he was responding to.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I didn't call all liberals that.

Reread OP: I spoke in regard to specific individuals I've been observing. The reason I kept saying 'everyday liberals' is because the biggest "Terrorist Sympathizers" in this site half of their routine is always saying how the big violent mobs are just some tiny minority and therefore 'the left hasn't snapped', and all that kind of jazz. SO my response to this perpetual argument is:
Okay, so you're the non-radical majority, and here every time you're in here defending and deflecting for them.

If anything anyone says doesn't apply to you whoever you are then you shouldnt take offense.

If anything, in a case like this talking about REAL stuff people are doing every single day basically, you should be pissed at them for making you look bad; figuring out how to weed them out of your scene; figuring out how others can differentiate you from these radicals.

It shouldnt be my job to do that for everyone else, for groups I have no affiliation with; whatever.
edit on 21-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have always wondered how hard it is to understand that when someone points out that not all Muslims are alike, don't believe the same way or treat their woman horribly, we are somehow standing up for radical Islam and ISIS.

It is not a hard concept to understand. Treat everyone individually and understand that each person is different.

edit on 21-6-2017 by thetruth2017 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

When I saw your invitation in the other thread to come read your thread, I thought I would approach it with an open mind and set aside my dislike of verbose rantings and vast assumptions and generalizations in order to take it all in, out of fairness to the time you took to write it.

But it appears that is exactly what this is. A verbose rant that makes vast assumptions and generalizations.

First of all, as a Leftist I denounce any violent acts perpetrated by any individual for any reason other than self-defense. Whether that comes from a radical Muslim, a rioter or some drunk redneck that decided to beat is wife.

That being said, if I refuse to rush to judgement when a terror act occurs and automatically do not blame Islam, and defend an individual's right to believe what they want, it appears I am a terrorist sympathizer. If I refuse to denounce BLM and their message when supporters of their cause cause violence or death, I'm a terrorist sympathizer. If I defend someone's right to protest and a small minority among that group become violent and riot, I'm a terrorist sympathizer.

See where this is going? You fail to notice the finer details in what people are saying in order to paint this narrative you want to create with as big of a brush as you can find.

Second, you don't get to do that. You do not get to push the actions of the few on to my, or any Leftists shoulders and bash us over the head with it when it suits your personal narrative. I am not responsible for what the rioters have done. I am not responsible for BLM, Antifa, radical Islam or any other group. I am only responsible for myself. The people that committed those acts are responsible, unless you want to create the idea that we can make vast generalizations and that opens the door for us to do the same things to you and others we disagree with.

It's funny though. I tend to stand for people's constitutional rights when it comes to speech, religion, assembly...etc, and in return I am called a terrorist sympathizer.

As for the rest of your nonsense, it cannot be taken seriously. Your threads and posts show you speak in propaganda. They are creations of fiction for the small screen that use language and terms that appeal to the majority of the "viewing audience" on the site that you decide to have it released.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
It shouldnt be my job to do that for everyone else, for groups I have no affiliation with; whatever.

So you are mad because half the people here take swipes with wide brushes and others pop up and say "we are not with them"? You are doing the same thing here when you say that people try to put you in a box.

I'm not sure what you expect people to do. I don't think radical groups ask permission to do what they do.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I'm pissed at both sides. The far left is pushing hate. The far right is pushing hate.
Perhaps you should work on those on the right pushing the hate on the left, pushing the hateful agenda that all people on the left support terrorism.
Let's work together and stop pushing the division.
I understand why some would call others Islam apologist because they think Islam is an ideology (like you said in the OP) and supports terrorism.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Real Liberals need to start getting outraged and very vocal against the identity politics and sjw agenda that has hijacked the democratic party. If they don't the left as a whole is finished and the actual classic liberals will find themselves voting republican.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Why not just support more than two political parties?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Real Liberals need to start getting outraged and very vocal against the identity politics and sjw agenda that has hijacked the democratic party. If they don't the left as a whole is finished and the actual classic liberals will find themselves voting republican.

Republicans have a hard time getting true conservatives to vote for them. It will take a lot more change by the Republicans to get the classic liberals on board.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Wookiep

Why not just support more than two political parties?

I'm ALL for that, but it won't happen. Remember Ron Paul? He even used the republican option because he knew the independent option would have given him even LESS of a chance. Same with Bernie on the dem side.
edit on 21-6-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join