It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump just sold us all out on drug pricing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I thought Trump WANTED to give American's healthcare with HEART?

Instead, it APPEARS, he' wants big pharma to sell that heart at auction

...the Trump White House is about to put out an executive order on drug pricing, and it looks as if the whole thing were basically written by big pharma.

We ALL know drug prices are INSANE already! What is this EO and WHAT is it for??

...a draft executive order includes nothing to curb prices. Instead, drug companies would be in line to get more power to charge monopoly prices overseas and be allowed to give even fewer discounts to hospitals with poor patients. And the administration is promising to roll back regulations that pharma has complained about.

Sounds like America is on the AUCTION block! On TOP of taking away 23 MILLION people's insurance, Trump is BOWING before BIG PHARMA!

Business Insider

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

This is very disappointing. Doesn't emptying the swamp have something to do with not allowing the corporations to run our country. I'm disgusted but not surprised. Meet the new boss . . .

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Durrrrrrrrr Trump good, Trump do good!

- Average Trump Supporter
edit on 21-6-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

So you are all fluffed up over a Business Insider OPINION article that lacks any meat from the actual plan? I will save judgement when I actually get to read what is actually in than believe someone who is most likely a Progressive Trump hater that is in a state of living with a permanent case of TDS!

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Alright! An anti trump article about his policies. If dems were smart, this is where they would be putting their energies.

First, this article is based on a NYT claim of what the EO will look like. I don't trust the NYT, so I will want to see the EO myself.

However, if it is true, it is a huge disappointment.

I thought he favored being able to buy drugs across country and state lines, in addition to other consumer protections.

Obama already came us a piece of crap plan that only benefited insurers, now i look like Trump may do the same.

Methinks these lobbies are to big for their britches.

+25 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Way to add to the conversation!

Now why don't you go play outside and let the grownups talk.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

It was a joke, go have another smoke and chillax brah.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Eh, I was just ribbing you too.

BTW, I have asthma, I can't smoke. I think its Obamas fault.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I have to agree with you. the NYT's article they are siting says "The draft, which The New York Times obtained on Tuesday, is light on specifics but clear on philosophy". It also uses sources that it wont name.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Eh, I was just ribbing you too.

BTW, I have asthma, I can't smoke. I think its Obamas fault.

For making me laugh.

Good times.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Lol, didn't you just start a thread on fake news and propaganda?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

How did the ACA benefit insurers? Do you know how many insurers pulled out of markets or went out of business altogether? Why would they do that if they were benefiting so much?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I would like to see the actual bill before passing judgement on something like this. I wouldn't trust the New York Times for anything nowadays. If they said it was morning in the morning, I would be even skeptical of that statement, cause they know it isn't morning everywhere.

The reference article is an opinion in the opinion section.
edit on 21-6-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca

How did the ACA benefit insurers? Do you know how many insurers pulled out of markets or went out of business altogether? Why would they do that if they were benefiting so much?

WEell first it forced people to buy their products. A single payer system, or what I would have recommended, a private system that took insurance people out of the game (like HSA's and paying cash at hospitals with investigations into price gouging) would have eliminated the corrupt insurance agencies.

And many insurance companies have mad a lot of money anyways, and they would have maade more omney if amore healthy people signed up.

But insurance companies actually helped right Obamacare.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I think it forced insurers to give away their products for free.

But lowering prices and doing away with insurance altogether, I can get behind. Single payer just = more taxes and I can't support that.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Another interesting idea mentioned in the proposed order is "value-based" drug pricing — paying drug companies for the value a drug brings to society or an individual. That could be a killer for some drug companies that make incredibly expensive drugs for rare diseases, but again, nothing concrete on that measure.

So, nothing of substance in the first paragraphs and buried at the bottom is this. Sorry but this looks like price fixing to me which is what the article states will not occur.

Which is it or did anyone actually read the article who is opposed?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca

I think it forced insurers to give away their products for free.

But lowering prices and doing away with insurance altogether, I can get behind. Single payer just = more taxes and I can't support that.

Agree 100%.

I will say I just think insures were mistaken in that they thought more people would buy on, which would have meant more money for them.

But yeah single payer sucks. get the insures out of the game altogether.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It's nothing personal it's just business.
You have a CEO in charge of the largest economy in the world , deregulation is what business wants deregulation is what business will get regardless of those who will feel the pain.

This is the NWO baby.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Another nothing burger EO so that Trump can showboat around, pretending to be accomplishing stuff. The Oval Office can't do anything to control free market prices, here or abroad. He can't force foreign companies to buy American or respect American Patents.

And, Trump is in no position to role back FDA Regulations.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

That seems a bit vague. I mean if someone has a rare, life threatening disease wouldn't that mean a drug that treats that disease would have a high value to the individual?

So does that mean that a pharmaceutical company could charge a lot for the medication or does it mean they're restricted in how much they can charge?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join