It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'Used Fake News and Propaganda' to Undermine U.S. Election, FBI Says

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

NO.

Their 24/7 free media blitz actually HELPED Trump.

ALL the attacks were FREE press. All press is GOOD press.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
First it was Russia hacking the election.
Then it was Russian collusion.
Then it was Russian meddling.

Now it's Russian fake news.

They just keep moving the goal posts, don't they?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: UKTruth
What is the FBI doing investigating 'fake news' and propaganda..? Sound slike they are totally politicised. I thought they were a law enforcement agency.

Fake news is widespread - mainly from American MSM, with much of the same mirrored in the UK. It's 24/7 propaganda. It's not illegal.

As for the rest - there is nothing new here and still no evidence presented - given the FBI were run by a guy who leaks to the press and shall we say, is selective in what he says, why should anyone believe what the FBI has to say. Show the proof or quit pushing the story.

show the proof????.....why?....you wouldn't believe it anyway, so why would you care?.....

So in other words you don't have any proof.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: Grambler

NO.

Their 24/7 free media blitz actually HELPED Trump.

ALL the attacks were FREE press. All press is GOOD press.

That's why I have said in the past that the left is to blame for Trumps win.

Ha Ha.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
a reply to: DanteGaland
Had Trump been targeted and Clinton won, the Orange Minions would be losing their collective minds at any hint of Russian interference.
As it stands, there's a collective 'meh' from the Right. When did their politics replace their principals? Shameful.

Oh dear lord, we influence elections all the time. If you think this was what swung the election then you don't realize how terrible of a candidate Hillary was.

what swung the election were gerrymandered districts by republican governors who were elected in 2010, and had control of redistricting due to census data of their individual states every 10 years.......this is political science 101, but trump voters selectively pick their own science to believe in.

Hahahaha!

So gerrymandering swung the election for trump.

So please tell me how redistricting districts in say Pennsylvania helped Trump win that state?

I though the state vote had nothing to do with how the districts voted only who won the popular vote in each state. How did gerrymandering affect that?[/quote

no response
edit on 21-6-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Had Trump been targeted and Clinton won, the Orange Minions would be losing their collective minds at any hint of Russian interference.
As it stands, there's a collective 'meh' from the Right. When did their politics replace their principals? Shameful.

Why has it become an issue now considering Russia has been doing this for a long time?

Thanks for proving my point. Deflection, straw man, all the tools in the kit.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Oh look, the trump supporters come to his rescue again....TRUMP TOLD YOU IT WAS FAKE NEWS....you can try and spin it all you want, BUT his TWITTER FEED still has the post saying it was fake news, and that HILLARY was the real news. You people should be PISSED OFF, that our democracy was hacked....Nope your just going to IGNORE it and make up your own mind, even though the TRUTH is right there, and you have been ignorant for not paying attention. The EX-DHS Chief knows more about the Russians hacking than all of us combined, I will take his word over ANYONE on ATS!!

Russia Attacked our democracy, trump instead of being upset and saying we have to make sure this does not happen again, tells you sheeple its fake. There is a new thread saying trump is nowhere near being like Nixon, BS, man....READ and EDUCATE yourselves. trump is every bit as bad as Nixon....

Hey trump, cant wait to hear what malarkey you have to say about the tapes you TWEETED in an "official post from the White House" remember, your president said his Tweets are official. That would INCLUDE the one about the Comey tapes, and Obama "WIRE TAPPING" with ZERO to back up his claims. Well this week he is SUPPOSED to let us know about the tapes.

edit on 21-6-2017 by kurthall because: add

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
So moral of the story is we should ban all social media and news, so nobody can say anything negative about the left to the masses. Did they forget that CTR existed. Did they forget the 90%+ chance of Hillary winning according to the polls from liberal media? Did they forget that the MSM and DNC colluded to fabricated fake stories about Bernie to help Hillary win the primaries? The hypocrisy of this thread is astounding to say the least and is another epic fail by the left in my humble opinion.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I would like to see some examples of these fake news they are talking about. I sure no one has ever seen them.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1

I would like to see some examples of these fake news they are talking about. I sure no one has ever seen them.

Some of them are in the Grizzly Steppe document - and there are laughable, not coming close to the fake news pushed by the likes of CNN and NYT.

EDIT: actually it was not the GS document it was the DNI document released in January that had the 6-7 pages on Russia's media influence campaign. It is painful reading in so much that it is hard to believe intelligence analysts can put this dross forward as evidence..

Here's an example of how they think "President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election"..

Putin publicly pointed to the Panama Papers disclosure and the Olympic doping scandal as US-directed efforts to defame Russia, suggesting he sought to use disclosures to discredit the image of the United States and cast it as hypocritical

or this beauty...

Beginning in June, Putin’s public comments about the US presidential race avoided directly praising President-elect Trump, probably because Kremlin officials thought that any praise from Putin personally would backfire in the United States. Nonetheless, Putin publicly indicated a preference for President-elect Trump’s stated policy to work with Russia, and pro-Kremlin figures spoke highly about what they saw as his Russia-friendly positions on Syria and Ukraine. Putin publicly contrasted the President-elect’s approach to Russia with Secretary Clinton’s “aggressive rhetoric.”

On to some examples:

On 6 August, RT published an Englishlanguage video called “Julian Assange Special: Do WikiLeaks Have the E-mail That’ll Put Clinton in Prison?” and an exclusive interview with Assange entitled “Clinton and ISIS Funded by the Same Money.” RT’s most popular video on Secretary Clinton, “How 100% of the Clintons’ ‘Charity’ Went to…Themselves,” had more than 9 million views on social media platforms. RT’s most popular English language video about the President-elect, called “Trump Will Not Be Permitted To Win,” featured Assange and had 2.2 million views.

Note the above was reported worldwide by multiple outlets - I guess RT was supposed to ignore or it so as not to 'influence' the election..

or this example:
..from 2012!!!

From August to November 2012, RT ran numerous reports on alleged US election fraud and voting machine vulnerabilities, contending that US election results cannot be trusted and do not reflect the popular will.

oh and they showed this picture again from 2012... oh how terrible - ELECTION HACKING!!!!

that's the type of nonsense they come up with in the document.

edit on 21/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Me, too. I'm sick of being told this and that happened or didn't happen, yet they never give one single example nor do they ever explain how they determined such and such happened. There is never any definitive proof they can show the American people.

More fake news?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Why has it become an issue now considering Russia has been doing this for a long time?

Thanks for proving my point. Deflection, straw man, all the tools in the kit.

Deflection? No, just pointing out the fake outrage from the left.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Me, too. I'm sick of being told this and that happened or didn't happen, yet they never give one single example nor do they ever explain how they determined such and such happened. There is never any definitive proof they can show the American people.

More fake news?

Since you ASKED so nice:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If the IC thinks American voters are stupid enough to not tell fake news from real news, they got another thing coming.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

Oh dear lord, we influence elections all the time. If you think this was what swung the election then you don't realize how terrible of a candidate Hillary was.

what swung the election were gerrymandered districts by republican governors who were elected in 2010, and had control of redistricting due to census data of their individual states every 10 years.......this is political science 101, but trump voters selectively pick their own science to believe in.

I'm a libertarian, democrats do the same thing.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I don't read and digest any of those listed in Wikipedia.

However, the NYT and WaPo have printed enough falsities in at least the last year and a half, that I would say they are rife with "fake news".

CNN has done the same...."fake news" galore. They may now and then mix something in that is truthful (sports or celebrity news), but most of their political commentary is pure lies, innuendo, and hyperbole.

I call THAT fake news, too.

Here again, someone is trying to tell Americans which news is real and which is not, when they (the msm) have been caught time and again lying.

Yes...a headline that says "Hillary hides space alien baby in basement with illegal server" is FAKE NEWS.

Yes...a headline that says "Donald Trump has no chance of winning the presidential nomination" is FAKE NEWS.
Yes...a headline that says "Trump's Refugee Pause is a Muslim Ban" is FAKE NEWS.
Yes...a headline that says "Trump is a White Supremist Racist" is FAKE NEWS.
Yes...CNN telling viewers it is against the law to download the Podesta emails from Wikileaks and that only the media are allowed to do so is FAKE NEWS.
Yes...MSM saying Donald Trump is under personal investigation for Russian collusion is FAKE NEWS.

We won't even go into the cover-ups and lack of vetting and just plain ignoring wrongdoing in the Obama administration. All of that, Imo, adds to the FAKE NEWS definition because real news is being swept under the rug and replaced with blind partisanship.

edit on 21-6-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hey Denocrats... this isn't helpung you.

Just an FYI.

The people who vote for Trump vote for him because of mainly the economy, Obamacare, rising coat of living and lack of opporrunity. Don't worry, as us Millennials get older we will become more conservative and libertarian and less left leaning.
edit on 21-6-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Ok giving the established "fact" for the sake of moving along.......what media did they use, who and what were targets and you said nothing about that.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Had the MSM not lost it's credibility in the past decade or it's impartiality decades ago, a propaganda campaign like happened last year would have been at best a laughable sideshow. I personally have stopped watching non live event news on all the cable news channels.

People have lost faith in both the MSM and government. And for good reason, Why would anyone trust a MSM that observably cheerleads for one side and only becomes adversarial against the other?

Sure, the Russians made some mischief in 2016. They are a rival, it should be expected. They MAY have helped influence a choice people freely made at the poll. The quite hilarious irony to all the screeching about the influence of Russian propaganda is that a well informed and educated populace would be less susseptible to it, but I don't think they want that as such a people would be less influenced by domestic propaganda and MSM BS.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jefwane
Had the MSM not lost it's credibility in the past decade or it's impartiality decades ago, a propaganda campaign like happened last year would have been at best a laughable sideshow. I personally have stopped watching non live event news on all the cable news channels.

People have lost faith in both the MSM and government. And for good reason, Why would anyone trust a MSM that observably cheerleads for one side and only becomes adversarial against the other?

Sure, the Russians made some mischief in 2016. They are a rival, it should be expected. They MAY have helped influence a choice people freely made at the poll. The quite hilarious irony to all the screeching about the influence of Russian propaganda is that a well informed and educated populace would be less susseptible to it, but I don't think they want that as such a people would be less influenced by domestic propaganda and MSM BS.

It's ok to use propgranda as long as it's serves the lefts purpose. Don't you know that already?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join