It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'Used Fake News and Propaganda' to Undermine U.S. Election, FBI Says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Trump would have won the last election no matter what. I say this as someone who does't like Trump. I voted third party as did many of my friends. The problem was that we couldn't stand Hillary either. Democrats had this one in the bag, but they decided to push Hillary. Nobody likes Hillary. The Democratic party leadership is to blame for the election loss. Plain and simple. People liked Obama..he won. People liked George W Bush...he won. People liked bill Clinton...he won.

Trumps case was a little bit different. He excited the republican bass and got them out to vote. Hillary did not excite the democratic bass...the far left, progressives. They did not turn out to vote.

Russia had nothing to do with this election.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

so essentially, RT, and trolls on social media? Hell, I'm pretty sure much more sinister stuff is done by other countries on a regular basis. If they didn't use our media, then exactly what could be blamed on Russia? Or are you one who believes that NK's old leader really did get 8 holes in one on his first golf outing?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JedemDasSeine
Just thinking...Hope I won't get arrested during my next trip to the US for posting some smileys here with accusations of being a Russian hacker, 'coz the evidence is clear: I'm Russian (that's gonna be enough soon), I have a computer device (definitely, it's a hacking tool), and I've posted smileys (that's an interference beyond doubt).

Hope they won't buzz my plane at least...

nah, don't worry...the republican party will welcome you with open arms, so long as you criticize democrats, and not trump or the right-wing.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: JedemDasSeine
Just thinking...Hope I won't get arrested during my next trip to the US for posting some smileys here with accusations of being a Russian hacker, 'coz the evidence is clear: I'm Russian (that's gonna be enough soon), I have a computer device (definitely, it's a hacking tool), and I've posted smileys (that's an interference beyond doubt).

Hope they won't buzz my plane at least...

nah, don't worry...the republican party will welcome you with open arms, so long as you criticize democrats, and not trump or the right-wing.

Yes but beware of masked people preaching love and tolerance. They will smash your head in with a bike lock if you have anything to say they disagree with.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Pfffft, this crap just wont stop... i keep reading peoples statements in all these posts about how sure they know Trump will get impeached.... Pffft, PFFFFT... stop drinking this koolaid

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Had Trump been targeted and Clinton won, the Orange Minions would be losing their collective minds at any hint of Russian interference.
As it stands, there's a collective 'meh' from the Right. When did their politics replace their principals? Shameful.

Oh dear lord, we influence elections all the time. If you think this was what swung the election then you don't realize how terrible of a candidate Hillary was.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Trump would have won the last election no matter what. I say this as someone who does't like Trump. I voted third party as did many of my friends. The problem was that we couldn't stand Hillary either. Democrats had this one in the bag, but they decided to push Hillary. Nobody likes Hillary. The Democratic party leadership is to blame for the election loss. Plain and simple. People liked Obama..he won. People liked George W Bush...he won. People liked bill Clinton...he won.

Trumps case was a little bit different. He excited the republican bass and got them out to vote. Hillary did not excite the democratic bass...the far left, progressives. They did not turn out to vote.

yeah right....and the earth is actually flat.....amazing that you know more than our spy agencies. with that type of deductive reasoning, you will be sure of getting a job at the CIA

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Hey, everyone's an expert here!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

yeah right....and the earth is actually flat.....amazing that you know more than our spy agencies. with that type of deductive reasoning, you will be sure of getting a job at the CIA

Funny, I haven't seen anyone in any spy agencies say they have proof that Russia impacted one vote.

Would you kindly link your source for this claim?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You don't see it??

Maybe Russia did hack during the election. IN fact, let's say that they did. 100%

How does that change anything?

Nobody liked Hillary before the election. She still didn't excite her base. She still Colluded with DWS and the rest of the Democratic big shots to steal the primary. Real progressives either didn't vote or voted for Jill Stein.

Trump still excited his base and got them out to vote. That has nothing to do with Russians.

How can you not see this? Are you saying that the only reason Clinton lost was because of Russian? Because if you are, that's missing a really big part of the picture.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Had Trump been targeted and Clinton won, the Orange Minions would be losing their collective minds at any hint of Russian interference.
As it stands, there's a collective 'meh' from the Right. When did their politics replace their principals? Shameful.

The liberal government of Canada once had principles when it came to cyber warfare, but...

Under the bill, the Communications Security Establishment would be allowed for the first time to conduct active cyber operations against terrorist groups and other governments, and to partner with the military on foreign operations. Currently, the CSE’s role is kept to collecting signals intelligence, defending against threats and assisting other agencies if requested to.

National Post

I wonder if they'll be influencing elections soon?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
What is the FBI doing investigating 'fake news' and propaganda..? Sound slike they are totally politicised. I thought they were a law enforcement agency.

Fake news is widespread - mainly from American MSM, with much of the same mirrored in the UK. It's 24/7 propaganda. It's not illegal.

As for the rest - there is nothing new here and still no evidence presented - given the FBI were run by a guy who leaks to the press and shall we say, is selective in what he says, why should anyone believe what the FBI has to say. Show the proof or quit pushing the story.
edit on 21/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

Oh dear lord, we influence elections all the time. If you think this was what swung the election then you don't realize how terrible of a candidate Hillary was.

what swung the election were gerrymandered districts by republican governors who were elected in 2010, and had control of redistricting due to census data of their individual states every 10 years.......this is political science 101, but trump voters selectively pick their own science to believe in.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

They PROBABLY have

America needs to bring BACK the "Fairness Doctrine".

The Fairness Doctrine had two basic elements: It required broadcasters to devote some of their airtime to discussing controversial matters of public interest, and to air contrasting views regarding those matters.

WIKI

edit on 21-6-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: abago71

They GAINED info on WHO you are and WHAT political leaning you are.

THEN they microtargeted you with FAKE NEWS on your social media.

That's ONE way they went about it...
ohhhh!! So scary!!! So if I visited a soup site, the russians will "microtarget" me for soup?

Lmfao, you're unhinged.
edit on 21-6-2017 by Arnie123 because: Clean up

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

what swung the election were gerrymandered districts by republican governors who were elected in 2010, and had control of redistricting due to census data of their individual states every 10 years.......this is political science 101, but trump voters selectively pick their own science to believe in.

Hahahaha!

So gerrymandering swung the election for trump.

So please tell me how redistricting districts in say Pennsylvania helped Trump win that state?

I though the state vote had nothing to do with how the districts voted only who won the popular vote in each state. How did gerrymandering affect that?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

No.

link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
a reply to: TheTory

They PROBABLY have

America needs to bring BACK the "Fairness Doctrine".

The Fairness Doctrine had two basic elements: It required broadcasters to devote some of their airtime to discussing controversial matters of public interest, and to air contrasting views regarding those matters.

WIKI

Careful what you wish for.

If the main stream media were not dedicated to attacking Trump 24/7, the democrats would have no chance whatsoever.

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
What is the FBI doing investigating 'fake news' and propaganda..? Sound slike they are totally politicised. I thought they were a law enforcement agency.

Fake news is widespread - mainly from American MSM, with much of the same mirrored in the UK. It's 24/7 propaganda. It's not illegal.

As for the rest - there is nothing new here and still no evidence presented - given the FBI were run by a guy who leaks to the press and shall we say, is selective in what he says, why should anyone believe what the FBI has to say. Show the proof or quit pushing the story.

show the proof????.....why?....you wouldn't believe it anyway, so why would you care?.....

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

...but trump voters selectively pick their own science to believe in.

You can pick our own science?

WOOHOO! Gravity begone! You will no longer keep me down!

Just kidding. I understand your point and I agree but it's not just the right that picks selectively.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join