It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the Ancients have used glass to cut stone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Call me crazy, but Africa is an area rich with diamonds. Likely they found big diamonds and used them as tools...years and years of abrasion would wear the tools. I'm not saying all jewelry diamonds are tool fragments.

But I think it's perfectly feasible that they could have used resins and other mediums to adhere diamonds to cutting tools. Why on earth do we assume they did all that work using thousands of people pulling ropes and huge cutting wheels...

Humans are lazy and have evolved to be lazy. It's only likely they got smarter and worked a lot less hard than we think they did.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Umberto
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Call me crazy, but Africa is an area rich with diamonds. Likely they found big diamonds and used them as tools...years and years of abrasion would wear the tools. I'm not saying all jewelry diamonds are tool fragments.

But I think it's perfectly feasible that they could have used resins and other mediums to adhere diamonds to cutting tools. Why on earth do we assume they did all that work using thousands of people pulling ropes and huge cutting wheels...

Humans are lazy and have evolved to be lazy. It's only likely they got smarter and worked a lot less hard than we think they did.

Using both copper slab saws and tube saws with sand has been demonstrated to work on granite from the same quarries in modern experiments.
No need for any diamond tools or resins.

Harte

new topics

<< 1   >>

join