It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Level Of Skill Was Required To Fly A Plane Into The Pentagon ?

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Jacobu12

It. Is. A. Mirror. I don't know how many times I can say that. You DO understand that a mirror reflects things, right? What color is the sky in that picture? Oh, wait. It's BLUE.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It. Is. A. Mirror. I don't know how many times I can say that. You DO understand that a mirror reflects things, right? What color is the sky in that picture? Oh, wait. It's BLUE.

It's from Wikipedia looking for a better source,
It was around this period (in 1993) that United introduced its grey and blue color scheme. It had been criticized that the color scheme blended with the darkness during nighttime operations.[30]

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

What does that have to do with American Airlines? Oh yeah, absolutely nothing.

edit on 7/19/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org... everything where i got it from.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jacobu12

en.wikipedia.org... everything where i got it from.

They only mention a grey and blue color scheme. Grey can be silver looking , like the pictures of the plane you posted.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Oh. My. GOD are you kidding me? We're talking about AMERICAN AIRLINES. It was AMERICAN Flight 77. So WHAT if United painted their aircraft blue and grey. They're a totally separate airline and can do what they want.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBig2430

originally posted by: Salander

And so, it means Hani The Magnificent had to be flying as close to the ground as if he were taxiing, in ground effect, at Vmo +90 and that's ridiculous.

Yeah that's nuts.

Fly like that and you're gonna crash.

Oh, wait.....

A handful of guys who fly that airplane for a living are on record as saying they would have a difficult time flying the maneuver Hani is alleged to have flown.

?

And again, the Sharpshooter Fallacy. First, you need to prove that THAT EXACT SPOT is what he was trying to hit. I suspect that you can't. No I know you can't.

I agree that most would find it hard to replicate Hanis exact flight path. Especially the last few seconds. But that's irrelevant.

The real question that you nutjobs never consider is that his target was a 24 acre building that he just needed to hit anywhere.

No, not really did he need to hit it just anywhere. In fact, if he had been just 20 feet higher, the upper half of the fuselage would have ended up somewhere way beyond the building. If he had been just 50 feet higher out by the road and antennae, at that speed he would have missed the building in the bowl completely.

His target might have been a 24 acre building, but for the story to be true, his target was less than 70 feet above the ground. 24 acres looks really big looking straight down, but he was hitting a very small part of a very very low profile building. We know James Bond can fly a BD-5 through a barn, but that was a BD-5 microjet with Bond at the controls, not a 757 90 knots over Vmo with a really lousy pilot at the controls.

He was in a shallow dive, And he almost missed too low. Even Labtop has confirmed by looking at fdr data that he was pulling positive g's in the last moments. That means that he was coming in low. Proven fact.

If anything, his shallow dive profile is evidence that he intended to drive that fat pig into the roof and destroy a lot of the building and let fire do more damage.

24 acres.

That's equivalent to 24 football fields.

That's a pretty big target.

But of course you will deny that he was in a shallow dive and knowingly repeat the lie that he was in level flight cuz, well, it's what you guys do.

Go ahead and prove me wrong by acknowledging that he was in a shallow dive.

This is a direct challenge for you to deny ignorance.

Try it for a change.

Shallow dive?

He was overhead his target at about 7000 feet, and just over 2 minutes later he struck the target. If we round to 3 minutes, he lost 7000 feet in 3 minutes, something over 2000 feet per minute would have been required. You're not a pilot, so you cannot appreciate how 2000 feet per minute is NOT a shallow dive.

Just to be clear, we are dissecting and analyzing a myth here, a hypothetical exercise. In reality, AA77 did not strike the building. I don't know where it was or what it did, but it's clear from the FDR analysis that it was created out of whole cloth, and it took them the better part of 5 years to forge it.

Why is it so many non-pilots are so quick to demonstrate their ignorance of aviation matters?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

What you posted is not proof. Where does it say this plane was silver? I keep looking.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
A noteworthy point is that it "looks" blue. That means it may not be blue.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

And you are talking about another airline as if it proves they WEREN'T.

On January 17, 2013, American unveiled a new livery.[35] Before then, American had been the only major U.S. airline to leave most of its aircraft surfaces unpainted. This was because C. R. Smith hated painted aircraft, and refused to use any liveries that involved painting the entire plane. Robert "Bob" Crandall later justified the distinctive natural metal finish by noting that less paint reduced the aircraft's weight, thus saving on fuel costs.[36]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Proof. They were UNPAINTED which means they were bare aluminum.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

And you are talking about another airline as if it proves they WEREN'T.

On January 17, 2013, American unveiled a new livery.[35] Before then, American had been the only major U.S. airline to leave most of its aircraft surfaces unpainted. This was because C. R. Smith hated painted aircraft, and refused to use any liveries that involved painting the entire plane. Robert "Bob" Crandall later justified the distinctive natural metal finish by noting that less paint reduced the aircraft's weight, thus saving on fuel costs.[36]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Proof. They were UNPAINTED which means they were bare aluminum.

I never said it was painted? I'm said the aluminum had a tint of blue. Is the process natural or was tint introduced during the manufacturing process?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

And then you brought up United as if that proved anything about American.

I said it before and I'll say it again. It. Is. A. MIRROR. Unpainted polished aluminum acts as a mirror. If you put a blue color near polished aluminum, then the aluminium looks blue. Just like if you hold something blue up near a glass mirror, it reflects blue.

This is NOT hard to understand, unless you deliberately choose not to.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

And then you brought up United as if that proved anything about American.

I said it before and I'll say it again. It. Is. A. MIRROR. Unpainted polished aluminum acts as a mirror. If you put a blue color near polished aluminum, then the aluminium looks blue. Just like if you hold something blue up near a glass mirror, it reflects blue.

This is NOT hard to understand, unless you deliberately choose not to.

If anything this shows i am not a truther, only a few weeks ago i started even posting here,look at my message account. How long have you been on this forum looking at the 9/11 event?

I going to tweet American airlines to find out. I curious if that blue tint was introduced during the manufacturing process. I have seen aluminum outside in the sun and never shined blue.

edit on 19-7-2017 by Jacobu12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Because it was at the wrong angle. There was no blue tint to any American aircraft in the aluminum. It was reflection. That's why it looks silver sometimes, because there's no reflection of the sky in those pictures.

If American even answers they're going to tell you that the planes were not blue in any way. They were polished aluminum and unpainted.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

You're not a pilot, so you cannot appreciate how 2000 feet per minute is NOT a shallow dive.

I'm a pilot.

If the descent started at 7000 ft. Thats about 1.3 miles high.

And it flew a 10 mile diameter circle. That gives us a distance of 31.4 miles traveled.

31.4 divided by 1.3 gives us a glide ratio of 24 to 1

L/D of 24/1 gives us a dive angle of 2.3 deg,

2.3 deg. is a shallow dive.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Because it was at the wrong angle. There was no blue tint to any American aircraft in the aluminum. It was reflection. That's why it looks silver sometimes, because there's no reflection of the sky in those pictures.

If American even answers they're going to tell you that the planes were not blue in any way. They were polished aluminum and unpainted.

.cdn.airplane-pictures.net... It's cloudy but you can still see the blue top layer, the bottom is silver.
edit on 19-7-2017 by Jacobu12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I see silver with a tiny patch of blue by the cockpit. You can't see the entire sky around the plane, but the clouds reflecting on the silver will change the color of it.

This is NOT this hard to understand. It's even documented that their aircraft were unpainted. So if there was a blue tint in the metal, what's your excuse for why they're totally silver in some pictures? I posted multiple pictures of the exact aircraft that was used for Flight 77. They were all silver. So what's you're excuse for that then?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Notice how the blue is in certain areas and is not uniform. That's the reflection.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: waypastvne

You're not a pilot, so you cannot appreciate how 2000 feet per minute is NOT a shallow dive.

I'm a pilot.

If the descent started at 7000 ft. Thats about 1.3 miles high.

And it flew a 10 mile diameter circle. That gives us a distance of 31.4 miles traveled.

31.4 divided by 1.3 gives us a glide ratio of 24 to 1

L/D of 24/1 gives us a dive angle of 2.3 deg,

2.3 deg. is a shallow dive.

Didn't the individual you replied to state they had something to do with piloting?

Funny the individual never uses industry specific terminology? I guess they dumb it down.......
edit on 19-7-2017 by neutronflux because: Made more clear

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Notice how the blue is in certain areas and is not uniform. That's the reflection.

Reflection from what though the sky is cloudy.

new topics

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join