It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddle me this - Obama was good???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
So riddle me this, Batman fans...If Obama was such a great president, why then does practically every investment / retirement fund tank in the 3 year average? Now don't get me wrong, these same funds (pretty much across the board) are soaring under Trump, BUT it's too early to say he's the reason. No, I'm just looking back at historical performance, and to be fair the same or similar funds soared right after Obama was elected too. However, the real truth comes out when you look over the past 10 years, which, by the way, includes 2008. It would be pretty damn hard to not look good when comparing to 4th quarter 2008, right? (For those unaware, 2008 was the big stock market crash and adjustment, the sub-prime bubble collapse and the "too big to fail" nonsense).

So stocks rose after Bush (who admittedly sucked), but then tanked 5 years later and continued to tank for the next 3 years. So averages steadily declined throughout the entire tenure of Obama, up to the point that the aggregate averages were at or below the 2008 numbers.

So, while some may believe in their hearts that Obama was a good president, the business sector and mutual funds in particular certainly don't reflect this. And if business doesn't have any confidence in the leadership then why should anyone else?

Why was Obama so great again???

Interesting.

Could you provide us with some information, perhaps a graph, that shows the historical correlation between stock averages in the market to the "effectiveness" of presidential administrations?

Could you also define what makes a president "great"?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Also, there wasn't another terrorist attack during Obama's terms. Why do some people hate him so much?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

What????

San Bernadino,

Orlando,

Boston marathon,

Dallas,

Ft Hood,

To name just a few.

You mean to tell me these weren't terrorist attacks?????

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

What????

San Bernadino,

Orlando,

Boston marathon,

Dallas,

Ft Hood,

To name just a few.

work place violence.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
I presume you're joking, correct?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I keep asking my stupid Leftist brother in law who says Obama was the greatest president ever, the same thing......his go to answer is - the Obama phone!!!
True story.....he cannot come up with anything else.

Phone subsidies started under Clinton, and ran through Bush and Obama.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

No False Flags to see, stay calm and carry on!
But first, lets blame Presidents and ignore Eisenhowers prophetic warning?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

yes, even though that was the "excuse" given for Ft .Hood. Anything to make Obama look less bad. And touting Obamacare as a plus, just damn, that makes me smile. The single biggest fluck up of the last 100 years, and someone thinks it's a good thing. Must have been one of the 2% with pre-existing conditions that the other 98% got bent over to appease.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude
I presume you're joking, correct?

The Ft. Hood shootings were deemed to be 'workplace violence' by the Obama Administration, even though the shooter, Nidal Hasan, shouted 'Alluhah Akbhar' during the shooting spree.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

What????

San Bernadino,

Orlando,

Boston marathon,

Dallas,

Ft Hood,

To name just a few.

I mean relative to 911. Obama wasn't a perfect president but I think he still did well.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

"how to build a future without fossile fuels".

This question not being asked by the current administration is proof they are in the pockets of big oil.
Lets all make america's rich great again! Who's with me?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Could you provide us with some information, perhaps a graph, that shows the historical correlation between stock averages in the market to the "effectiveness" of presidential administrations? Could you also define what makes a president "great"?
a reply to: introvert

My thoughts exactly. It was my understanding the president has little to do with how the market succeeds or fails.
All these posters blaming a president for their financial woes is sad. Always blaming others never taking responsibility for your actions and mistakes. I have been dirt poor all my life, you know who is to blame for that? Me.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Also, there wasn't another terrorist attack during Obama's terms. Why do some people hate him so much?

Because that's what the repub party tells them to do and they can't think for themselves.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

- lots of good times and jokes
- Obamacare
- Manning
- less civilian casualties in less meaningless wars
- support for medical hemp
- great statesmanship
- commitment to the Paris Agreement

Just a quick snapshot from the top of my head. He didn't bring the change many expected, but that would have been a pretty herculean task and he probably did his best (without getting shot like JFK).
The fact, that Big Corp didn't love him that much, is actually another indicator for his good intentions.

I'm far from being a gubbermint fanboy but I can see his efforts and I will always honor that.

Are you talking about the obamacare that caused me to lose my existing health insurance, the obamacare that made my cheapest "essential minimum coverage" plan over $400 per month for an extremely healthy 30 year old, or the obamacare that fined me close to $800 this year for not having insurance for a few months of last year?

Yeah......no.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Well that is simply flat out untrue. Huh??

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Could you provide us with some information, perhaps a graph, that shows the historical correlation between stock averages in the market to the "effectiveness" of presidential administrations? Could you also define what makes a president "great"?
a reply to: introvert

My thoughts exactly. It was my understanding the president has little to do with how the market succeeds or fails.
All these posters blaming a president for their financial woes is sad. Always blaming others never taking responsibility for your actions and mistakes. I have been dirt poor all my life, you know who is to blame for that? Me.

I think you understand what is going on.

Those that complain lack the balls to take personal responsibility.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ZombieZygote

What's the issue now, class-warfare or healthcare? Insurance companies or Obama, who actually raised the costs and fined you for breaking their "laws"?
Can you point out the part of Obamacare, which you deem to be responsible for your shrinking wallet?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join