It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straightforward question about the Middle East travel ban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
What difference does it make if you have your electronics in the cabin or in the storage? Do your items go through extensive screenings that are extra if they go into the cargo hold, or is it "safer" for a bomb to be in the cargo hold rather than in the cabin.
As a frequent traveler these questions have crossed my mind more than a few times, so I am just looking for opinions / insight.

and sorry I just realized is should of put electronics in the title as it is slightly misleading.
edit on 21-6-2017 by Moonshinne because: additional statement.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Moonshinne

I have often wondered that as well and I read somewhere that it is minimizing the risk by separating the commander of the bomb to the bomb itself. Something along those lines. Distance and sophisticated weapons.
Perhaps 'commander' wasn't the correct word. The person in charge of the bomb rather.
edit on 21-6-2017 by beachbound because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Not an expert, but, the cargo hold may not be pressurized so an explosion there might be less catastrophic, at least in terms asphyxiation threat to the passengers/crew?

Also, while packed densely in with other baggage, a bomb small enough to be housed in a piece of electronics might not be strong enough to do much damage; the force of the explosion "sandbagged" if you will by the other baggage packed around it.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
And while probably not impossible in the cargo hold, much easier for terrorist to turn on their electronics if they have them in their lap or can easily get to them. They really should go one step further and require removal of battery before putting in luggage to further try and prevent power up.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I agree with you on that. All of these I thought about, I just wanted to see others opinions and if I was on the same page as yall. I imagine if a bomb was in the cargo hold it would have to be placed in a pretty savvy location (insider help) for it to really do damage.
Just blows knowing I travel back n forth all the time and I miss my iPad lol

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Moonshinne

The travel ban is just a show trump is putting on for the ignorant who do not understand our current vetting system.
It does not and was never ment to make the US safer.

top topics

join