It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Beginning to Fear that the Left is Going to Snap

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
For some reason however those on the left seem to forget all of the monies that were spent trying to disrupt this past election. Since the media constantly says Russia Russia Russia Russia after the election instead of Rape Rape Rape before people are fogetting the mass rioting that included stopping presidential campaign events I do not remember on instance in 08 of the KKK stopping a rally in ANY city or state or any other white supremacist group. Not one and I was waiting for it. A black man running for president I surely would bring out the fringe.

Suddenly a businessman is running for office and they, those who fund the left and right decided to use every type are slur. Homophobic, Xenophobic, Islamaphoic, hates blacks, hates Jews, hates Hispanics...and on and on and on. They did it hoping to get someone elected who would then unite the US. It never happened. Now she is resisting....resisting what? another xanax latte?

Entire college campuses are not fringe. 100's of people blocking streets is not fringe. I will also guarantee you that most of these marches that were scheduled this year were originally to celebrate Hillary and not protest Trump.

I am not saying all sides are innocent but I see an uptick in violence from those who lean left...including an attack on a US Senator and others. That was not a nut case. It was Domestic terror and that is a fringe snap but how many more branches are there under the weight of the Progressive craziness?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

But...but... They really WANT us to be all unhinged and rioting!!! That way we can really be the bad-guys they want us to be!! Stop stepping on their dream, man, even if it is hypocritical...

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I have no issue with third party options. And yes, ALL sides have corruption issues. Welcome to humanity. Third party will not be immune to it. The money will follow the winner and the winners will follow the money.

My apologies for coming down on you. Ok? Are we okay now? Here's the thing, I see third party as a losing battle at a very important time. Also, I see the excuse being used that "both parties are corrupt" as a scapegoat far too often to avoid tough choices. When neither option is ideal that's where strong judgment is needed. Figuring out of the options available, which is the better smarter option with the best chance of success.

edit on 21-6-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
And it appeared that the Right was going to snap the whole time Obama was in office.

Just judging from my facebook feed which is a few hundred people of both "Political Denominations" and I've never seen so much hate being spewed as when Obama was in office. It was way worse than Trump, Although that's getting a little hysterical too.

So, OP< the real problem is that it appears that both parties are going to snap. what is the solution? voting third party so taht we get away from this your team sucks mine doesn't mentality.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The right HAS snapped. Had I but known back in 2001 that anti-terrorism was like crack for them.... Now everyone's a terrorist... For the last 8 years they've been stockpiling guns and ammo for the coming apocalypse... and their much wanted Civil War-- and now, you can't even really tell who's really batsh#t and who's just a right wing Russian troll-- because they embrace the insane Russian troll fake news nonsense. F###'n Alex Jones is their Walter Cronkite, and the free press is the enemy of the people-- Total insanity.

And then we have these floaty third party people with no ability to really gauge a situation say "both sides are bad... the crazy fake news Alex Jones extremists... AND the people who want affordable healthcare and equality.... ALL equally bad", so let's throw our vote away on someone who has zero chance of winning.

As a guy who doesn't believe in throwing his vote away on instant losers, nor seeks to support batsh#t xenophobic racist insanity... There is but ONE choice. And it's not perfect. But it's the only choice. And that's Democrat. And that's coming from a guy who started as Independent.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Very good list. You are correct there are more of these too mention but with that list even the thickest people should get the idea.
The more they lose elections the more desperate they will become. There were reports that at Ossoff's campaign after it became clear that he lost there were chants of 'she's not my congresswoman'. The more they lose the more dangerous they will become.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

So, OP< the real problem is that it appears that both parties are going to snap. what is the solution? voting third party so taht we get away from this your team sucks mine doesn't mentality.

edit on 21-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This magazine cover hasn't aged well. The jokes write themselves folks.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Perception is reality, this is what they want you to believe. Neither the average republican or democrat want social unrest. It is those in power who want to divide the nation it much easier to take control of the masses when there is chaos. a reply to: Dfairlite

edit on 21-6-2017 by gimcrackery because: missing letter

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: amazing

dra·ma queen

noun

informal
a person who habitually responds to situations in a melodramatic way.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
I was gleefully watching as the results from the GA special election came in tonight. The pure misery on the faces of the CNN pundits when they called the race for Handel was grade A comedy!

As I watched the panel that was supposed to discuss the election, and what it meant, struggle to put together any sort of coherent message I began pitying these people. Not the news anchors or pundits (they go home to their gated communities and enjoy the high life), but your everyday democrats. The people who listen to and hang on every word that the left wing media machine spits out. They've been through the ringer in the last two years, and it's only been speeding up for them lately. I'm afraid they're going to lose their minds.

As human's, we can only take so much disappointment before we begin taking more extreme measures to stem the tide of disappointment. For some people those measures are simple measures like lowering expectations. But for others these measures manifest in hatred and vitriol. A quick perusal through the Reddit thread on /r/politics about the Georgia special election is disturbing. Some people deal more constructively with disappointment and try to remedy the cause, but that's becoming rare in politics now. And sadly there are others that completely lose their minds and start committing violence against the people they disagree with (see antifa, scalise shooting, blm riots, etc).

Here's a quick list of disappointments since trump decided to run for office:
First Trump couldn't break 20% in the primaries. he did.
Then Trump couldn't break 30% in the primaries. he did.
Then Trump couldn't break 40% in the primaries. he did.
Then the convention was going to be contested. it wasn't.
Then it was that he would be down twenty after the first debate. he wasn't
Then the access hollywood video had spoiled his chances. they didn't
Then hillary had a 90% chance of winning, going into election day. she didn't.
Then Trump had no path to 270. he got 306.
Then the EC delegates were going to keep trump out. they didn't.
Then congress was going to keep him out. they didn't.
Then Trump wouldn't make it to 100 days. he did.
Then Trump wouldn't make it to summer. he did.
Then comey was going to get trump for collusion. he didn't.
Then Trump wouldn't get a health care bill through the house. he did.
Then Gianforte wouldn't win montana. he did.
Then Trump wouldn't pull out of the paris deal. he did.
Then Trump was under investigation for russian collusion. he wasn't.
Then Handel was going to lose in Georgia. she didn't.

There are more, but these are the highlights, the media narratives that stuck and that many people were hanging their hats on, so to speak.

How much more can they handle? I mean, if I were in opposition to this, I would certainly be tired of losing. There is no light at the end of the tunnel either, and that's a scary thought. I mean, 2018 objectively looks like a pretty big hill to climb for the democrats to even retake the house, and you can forget the senate. They don't control enough legislatures and governorships to effectively defy the republican agenda. Where will they turn?

Sure, some will delude themselves into believing Trump won't make it through the summer or to christmas, or that the republicans will stop his agenda, or whatever, but you can only deny the objective reality for so long. The problem is, the longer you deny it, the harder it hits you when you stop. It's like a rubber band in that respect, you can keep pulling but it's only going to hurt more when it snaps back. So what are these people going to do when reality bites back and they realize that their power structure has been taken from them? I don't think it's going to be pretty.

Are you suggesting people who follow certain political ideals are less human than those that follow yours? If so lmfao..you must have very little insight to feel so enlightened. Maybe go do somethung instead of planting fake news of your own making on a fringe website. Maybe go outside and live in the real world. Darn republican snowflakes.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: onemoreface

Well...they HAVE been trying to dehumanize anyone who ISN'T on board this "Trump bandwagon". . . with TALK of FEMA camps.

Imagine Democrats SAYING they want to round up Trump supporters???

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

edit on 21-6-2017 by ZombieZygote because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Now you know how the left tends to feel about the right.

Wake up people! We're in this boat together. Like it or not. Might as well get along

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Nah. We're good.

If the past couple years have been what the left being "good" looks like, I'd hate to see what 'snapped' looks like.

Keep focusing on your projection of "the left." Time and Tides, friend. You will see.

Prior to the election I felt a shadow, a dark influence, covering the US. Friends were saying "don't worry about your kids healthcare - Hillary has got this!" And yet I knew Trump would win. I had nightmares about it.

The dark shadow now? It is just now starting to shift. I kid you not. By December of this year you will see, if the timing holds. Indictments are coming. Secrets will be revealed. By 2018's election, it will be apparent, even to the True Believers of Trump.

Impeachment for high crimes and removal from office will follow.

Or alternatively, my nightmares come true.

" Friends were saying "don't worry about your kids healthcare - Hillary has got this!"

Thank you for that, this is one of the funniest things that I have read in a long while!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
Perception is reality, this is what they want you to believe. Neither the average republican or democrat want social unrest. It is those in power who want to divide the nation it much easier to take control of the masses when there is chaos. a reply to: Dfairlite

Look at the electoral map and reality. Most of the nation isn't all that divided right now. They just aren't voting Democrat.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Let those little bastards try their bs in my town.......they'll have another thing comin.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Its funny how the left stopped coming to these threads,i guess its boring seeing the right average 50 threads a day defending this guy.Its also hilarious how no one cares any more and the only people coming to these threads are the right.

I guess when your on a site that's at-least 87% right wing ,including the mods it seems like,that theirs no way the left can really say to much.I guess what i'm trying to say is ,ats will have its all right wing site in a couple of months and then you all can talk among your selves with out the left responding.

You right wingers make ats boring as hell.I mean think about it, every thread is defending this man and the left didn't even say one word,not one single word..but you constantly defend this man.

In the last 3 months their has been over 300 threads made BY THE RIGHT defending this guy and for what,the left didn't bring it up ,why should you.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

Face it. Many that were left have become Trumpers. Their common sense and rationality finally kicked in and they have seen the light! If you're still left, your daft, Imo.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527 im neither right nor left...im one of those people whom if you touch my stuff or threaten my life i will put you in your place. I live about 40 miles each way from a MAJOR city in any direction...so i dont really see radical leftists....farm country is too rural for them.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join