It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Beginning to Fear that the Left is Going to Snap

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Well, when you see vasts amounts of people snapping, of course. One here and there is always bound to happen and it does not indicate the Left has snapped.

You mean like in Chicago?

How about in Yale?

How about in Berkeley?

You can't even blame all of these on Trump. And note that last one was before the election, pre-Antifa.

Barely even touched the anti-Trump riots (scores before and after election day). Then there's BLM. And Antifa. How about Evergreen University?

Shall I go on, or will you eat your words above and reach for a touch of intellectual honesty, for a change?
edit on 21-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
How about defining what "the left" is, so we can determine the # of people you think will "snap."

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
The right has SHIFTED the "Overton Window" so FAR to the right, that even MODERATE Democrats seem "radical" these days.

Compare the GOP today to the GOP of the 80's or 90's.

Ronald Reagan would NEVER get the GOP nomination TODAY.

Solid CENTRIST Democrats in 2017 would be considered conservative in MOST of the world right now.

That is how FAR the right-wing has moved. Just like in a CHURCH congregation, there seems to be a "competition" among conservatives to SEE who can be "MOAR CONSERVATIVE!" (as opposed to more 'christian').

Radical right-wingism is NOW the new "normal" ... and by shifting that Overton Window, it's dragging the LEFT more and more with it.

This is classic Alinsky. Well done.
Invert reality - accuse others of what you have done yourself. In this case accuse the right of the very thing the Progressive left movement has done.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Well, when you see vasts amounts of people snapping, of course. One here and there is always bound to happen and it does not indicate the Left has snapped.

How about in Yale?

How about in Berkeley?

You can't even blame all of these on Trump. And note that last one was before the election, pre-Antifa.

Barely even touched the anti-Trump riots (scores before and after election day). Then there's BLM. And Antifa. How about Evergreen University?

Shall I go on, or will you eat your words above and reach for a touch of intellectual honesty, for a change?

None of that was their fault - Trump incited them when he was a meanie

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Classic deflection.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: Irishhaf

The right has SHIFTED the "Overton Window" so FAR to the right, that even MODERATE Democrats seem "radical" these days.

Solid CENTRIST Democrats in 2017 would be considered conservative in MOST of the world right now.

That is how FAR the right-wing has moved. Just like in a CHURCH congregation, there seems to be a "competition" among conservatives to SEE who can be "MOAR CONSERVATIVE!" (as opposed to more 'christian').

Radical right-wingism is NOW the new "normal" ... and by shifting that Overton Window, it's dragging the LEFT more and more with it.

Just like to point out that JFK would not have a hope in hades of getting the nomination for the democrats either...

Continues to astound me that some people think their team is still the party of the people...when both are corrupt through and through with the only goal to be more power and wealth for the elite.

That is the justification used by the right to continue their batsh#t insanity.

when both are corrupt through and through with the only goal to be more power and wealth for the elite.

Here I repeated it for you so that maybe your reading comprehension of English could improve.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Just like to point out that JFK would not have a hope in hades of getting the nomination for the democrats either...

Continues to astound me that some people think their team is still the party of the people...when both are corrupt through and through with the only goal to be more power and wealth for the elite.

when both are corrupt through and through with the only goal to be more power and wealth for the elite.

Here I repeated it for you so that maybe your reading comprehension of English could improve.

Yep, that's the constant justification/deflection used by people on the right. "Both" are corrupt. It's how they accept their corruption. No big deal. Both are. It's how they accept their hate. No big deal... both are. It's bullsh#t actually. It's an excuse.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Classic deflection.

The facts prove you guys are totally off your rocker in this thread.

Here's a good snapshot. Note that thread only covers what I dredged up in a couple hours of Youtube about one year ago (July 5). Things hadn't even hardly 'gotten bad' at that point:
Social Justice Assault Warriors TV Marathon!

Where's your data? And spare us the random white supremacists you're so desperate to paint as "conservatives vs. liberals". Total BS and you know it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Unless you can prove otherwise, spare us the wide eyed demagoguery and be honest (at least with yourself).

You cant take the positions you guys have in this thread and do it with an ounce on honesty. You guys didn't have to respond. When you did you didn't have to be completely distorted about it. So why, why, why?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Classic deflection.

Yes that's the continuation of the playbook. Accuse others of what you do yourself - but when you do, do it first - then you can accuse them of deflection if they complain... We know the playbook now. It doesn't work.... hence Democrats, over run with progressives (radicals) keep on losing.

edit on 21/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

How about in Yale?

How about in Berkeley?

That's the problem here. You inform yourself through little snippets of events and you do not put everything in proper context.

Protests are nothing new and it is not a sign of snapping. In fact, it's part of a healthy democracy. Those that riot and get violent are those on the fringe I already mentioned. Plus, they tend to be young, dumb and will use any excuse to cause a scene. The same sort of idiots that riot over hockey games.

Just because you can pull up videos of people doing stupid things is not indicative of the Left snapping.

To say so is intellectually dishonest.
edit on 21-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Rioting and attacking people is not a protest and is not in any way part of a healthy democracy.
Swathes of leftists have already snapped and we've seen it week in week out during the election season and it's still going on.
As the OP said, the amount of losing unstable people have had to suffer seems to have facilitated this meltdown.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

YOu are TRYING to frame all Democrats as if they were the Muslims from "Camp of the Saints" or somthing...

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

More intellectual dishonesty.

RIOTS aren't "protests" any more than rebellions are revolutions. Political terrorism in a free society isn't freedom fighting. It's just plain terrorism.

These aren't some random idiots in these examples, these are mass mob violence organized by the DNC Super PAC's, student groups, international financiers, and so on. Paid "protestors" bused in en masse. Blocking highways. Beating people down EXACTLY like the Brownshirt's in Nazi Germany. FOR STARTERS!

And you play apologist at every turn.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

YOu are TRYING to frame all Democrats as if they were the Muslims from "Camp of the Saints" or somthing...

No, just the radicals, the far left also known as Progressives - unfortunately they took over the DNC.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Yep, that's the constant justification/deflection used by people on the right. "Both" are corrupt. It's how they accept their corruption. No big deal. Both are. It's how they accept their hate. No big deal... both are. It's bullsh#t actually. It's an excuse.

Good lord so you are calling me a republican then...

Dafuq... I am a life long independent and I actually voted for Stein in the presidential election, I am going to be polite and assume you are trolling because the alternative is you are slightly to moderately unhinged if you think the democrats are some how wholesome and innocent in that cesspool they call DC.

ETA: feel free to check my posting history I am third party all the way, the only reason I voted stein in Oklahoma is she was my only option... my preference is the Veterans Party of America.
edit on 21-6-2017 by Irishhaf because: seriously annoyed.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Dafuq... I am a life long independent and I actually voted for Stein in the presidential election, I am going to be polite and assume you are trolling because the alternative is you are slightly to moderately unhinged if you think the democrats are some how wholesome and innocent in that cesspool they call DC.

ETA: feel free to check my posting history I am third party all the way, the only reason I voted stein in Oklahoma is she was my only option... my preference is the Veterans Party of America.

I'm not calling you anything. I'm saying that's the constant deflection used. "Both sides are bad, we can't figure it out beyond that... Cancer and Sugar... it's all bad.... Nukes and Stubbed Toes... all painful..." Laziness is what is it. An excuse.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Rioting and attacking people is not a protest and is not in any way part of a healthy democracy.

And that is why I said those that engage in such activities are the fringe.

Swathes of leftists have already snapped and we've seen it week in week out during the election season and it's still going on.

Again, the vast majority of Leftists have nothing to do with any of that. You are taking the smallest percentile and using it to blame the whole. That's disingenuous and dishonest.

It's that sort of faulty logic that drives people to make vast generalizations about all Republicans are racist. Why would you engage in similar thinking?

As the OP said, the amount of losing unstable people have had to suffer seems to have facilitated this meltdown.

There is no meltdown. You guys are being drama queens.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

RIOTS aren't "protests" any more than rebellions are revolutions.

I said those that are doing so are the fringe. Why is that hard to grasp?

Political terrorism in a free society isn't freedom fighting. It's just plain terrorism.

It's not political terrorism.

These aren't some random idiots in these examples, these are mass mob violence organized by the DNC Super PAC's, student groups, international financiers, and so on. Paid "protestors" bused in en masse. Blocking highways. Beating people down EXACTLY like the Brownshirt's in Nazi Germany. FOR STARTERS! And you play apologist at every turn.

All I have said is that this is not indicative of any snapping or meltdown. You are talking about a small percentile of people and using it to make broad generalizations. Even in the cases of the examples you provided, it was a small group within the protesters that turned violent/rioted.

That's not only intellectually dishonest, but hypocritical.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I'm not calling you anything. I'm saying that's the constant deflection used. "Both sides are bad, we can't figure it out beyond that... Cancer and Sugar... it's all bad.... Nukes and Stubbed Toes... all painful..." Laziness is what is it. An excuse.

So people that are pushing to provide America with options... are deflecting how... how are we being lazy, giving our personal time, our money, and our effort to find a new path that can allow Americans to choose a candidate they believe in rather than vote against the other guy which is all either main party offers to date?

It is ok to admit that you directed your annoyance at the wrong person, because I do not believe it is an excuse or laziness to point out that both parties are guilty of the same bloody short sided politics, I realize trying to push third party options is difficult but I kind of think America is a country worth saving so I am willing to beat my head against that wall in the hope that more people will wake up to the utter and complete corruption in DC.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Trump
Unhinged
Regressive
Democrats

Leave it to you to throw poo...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join