It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Beginning to Fear that the Left is Going to Snap

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
There is a huge difference between asking and demanding, threatening, rioting, destroying private property, shooting people, demeaning political opponents, suing people into the poor house, etc. If you truly believe that the left has been 'asking' conservatives to be decent to people then your perception of polite discussion is far different than mine. To most rational people who have at least one foot in reality, these kinds of behaviors are not polite, in fact some of the behaviors of the left are legal grounds for the use of deadly force in self defense.

“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.” Robert E. Howard

Just remember, civilization is a very thin veneer covering the savage in us all.

I'm not even going to dignify your 'racism' claim. Your over the top stereotyping of conservatives who disagrees with you says so much more about who you really are than your 'claims' ever will.

peace

a reply to: spiritualzombie

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Lucky you. We just sell a made-for-tv version of it here.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Maybe. I mean, anything's possible. However, the dumbest people in my family were huge Trump fanboys before he got himself elected to anything. They LURVE his goofy MLM-schemes and his stupid TV shows. They use the word liberal as a slur, and demand the rest of us pay fealty to him, as if the most liberal thing that ever happened wasn't our nations utter rejection of fealty and "kings."

The best part? One of them has drawn disability for 20+ years behind a back injury she got working at the tender age of 24. But they sure do hate the food stamp moochers.

If Trump is *their* answer to a broken system, then we just elected the last American president, ever.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Painterz

I have, but that makes zero sense. Afterall, it's not the far right that's clamoring for government clampdowns.

Exactly. And it's also not the far right calling any opposition a Nazi or white supremist. I was called a white supremist for wearing an NRA cap.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The main problem with the premise in the OP is that there is no "left wing" in US politics.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Maybe. I mean, anything's possible. However, the dumbest people in my family were huge Trump fanboys before he got himself elected to anything. They LURVE his goofy MLM-schemes and his stupid TV shows.

From that comment one could very well come to the understanding that people in your family are dumb. That could also lead one to believe that it extends well beyond the parameters that you have set.

Listen at how you speak of your own family.

They use the word liberal as a slur, and demand the rest of us pay fealty to him, as if the most liberal thing that ever happened wasn't our nations utter rejection of fealty and "kings."

Why do you not debate them? If they are dumb, surely you would win. What you are feeling now, is what conservatives felt for eight years before that, and liberals for eight years before that, and so on and so forth. The only difference is that we are here and now. Liberals are proving to be everything they have accused conservatives of being, and vice versa.

One thing the Liberal leaders have not figured out is, it is time to shut up and listen if you want to know why you lost.

It doesn't matter if they agree with why they lost. They can even hate the fact that they lost. But! When that same hate manifests itself into this reality it turns into something much more than it once was.

The liberals are feeding on their own people, as is the Republicans. Children leading Children.

The best part? One of them has drawn disability for 20+ years behind a back injury she got working at the tender age of 24. But they sure do hate the food stamp moochers.

At least she was working when she hurt her back. To the extent of her injuries you have supplied no details, so I am not sure if she is a "moocher" as you call it. Food stamps are supplied as an assistant to make yourself a better, and a more productive member of society, for the benefit of society. It should never be used as a way of life, unless you truly have no other option. That is what it was meant for.

If Trump is *their* answer to a broken system, then we just elected the last American president, ever.

Did you not like what he did for the Veterans? As a veteran I can say I do. Trump has tried to keep more promises than any other President I can remember. I don't know how, or even why, you think the way you do about Trump, but If you are going to have a leader, you may as well have one that will at least fight for you. We have given conservatives and liberals a chance to run this country and they don't seem to understand the best way to run a country for it's Ruler, the people. I think Trump has a better chance than they ever did.

edit on 25-6-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
you guys are funny, republicans are aligned with historical and modern racist with a real tracable history of rape, violence, murder, lynching etc. the left consist of people who dont give a f..k what the right have to say because their either racist, predjudice or allied with these people and we all know your judged by the company you keep. antifa is literally your white kids fed up with your bulls..it.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnetik
you guys are funny, republicans are aligned with historical and modern racist with a real tracable history of rape, violence, murder, lynching etc. the left consist of people who dont give a f..k what the right have to say because their either racist, predjudice or allied with these people and we all know your judged by the company you keep. antifa is literally your white kids fed up with your bulls..it.

Perhaps you should do some research into the history of both parties before you continue showing your ignorance.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

One thing... there are more than 2 parties... the problem is those two main parties have most of the power and have been working hard to expand the power of those two parties for decades now.

most of our third parties keep trying to sue to break the strangle hold of those two... which means going before judges that in many cases have been appointed (eventually) by the two main parties.

I know of only 1 third party with a plan and that is to mimic the rise of the Republicans and Democrats by going after political positions at the city level to start, because you take the cities you own the state, take the states you own the Fed.

ETA: sad thing is convincing the people to vote for someone other than "their" team is turning out to be one of the hardest aspects of fixing our two party problem, because they are always convinced this election is the most important of their lifetime.
edit on 25-6-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Fear and/or hate and loathing is the hingepin of both far sides of the spectrum in both the media and political rhetoric. They all try to paint opposing points of view as destructive and hateful.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
Why do you not debate them? If they are dumb, surely you would win.

If that statement held any truth, all people would be free left wing thinkers.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I've spoken to members of the Libertarian party, for example, so I'm aware that there are indeed more than 2 parties in the US. Nevertheless, thank you for pointing out this possible oversight on my part.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

All people would be free thinkers, at least. Most people, however, Left or Right, believe what they're spoon fed and don't have enough of a knowledge of the facts to truly debate. That's why discussions so quickly break down into emotional tirades and personal attacks. The capacity for debate is drained too quickly, and people resort to hateful and insulting rhetoric for lack of anything better to respond with.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

I could spend all day long binging on Gilmore Girls, but why?

I'm 48 years old. I have spent decades trying to "argue" (in the classic sense) various facts of the real world with these people. I don't owe them anything else and I don't care. Don't vaccinate your kids. Go ahead and jump out third story windows expecting to fly. There is only so much time in any given day. There is only so much time in a given life. Clinging to family because they are family, regardless of how stupid, abusive or shady they are is a tragedy. Sooner or later, you cut bait and move on to a new hole when the fish don't bite. Everything else is masochism and masturbation.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I think some people have snapped but who knows. Anything can happen from till..whenever. I think you may be watching too many re runs of The View.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

I'm 48 years old. I have spent decades trying to "argue" (in the classic sense) various facts of the real world with these people. I don't owe them anything else and I don't care.

That probably says the most about you.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

If that statement held any truth, all people would be free left wing thinkers.

Exactly. Because you can't win. They are not dumb. They see through all the bullsnip the left throw at them.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The left have already began to radicalize on a large scale. The right will soon follow.

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Senator Chuck Schumer snapped again today.

<< 9  10  11   >>

join