It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A different take of the "0-4" result

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
So who really won based on this so-called 0-4 by the Democrats?

Trump can claim it as a validation if for no other reason than the Dems claimed and promoted it as an anti-Trump backlash. Yet, here's the sticky part, so can the Republican Elite! They will also feel empowered by their strength in Congress to continue their general blocking of Trump's campaign promises and agenda.

While I didn't follow the campaigns in these four hyper-watched elections, I question what each Republican candidate actually ran on. Was it "I support Trump, he's our President"! Or was it something else? Does anyone really know outside those ridings? I sure don't.

What 'tack' did they take?? That question is huge, in my mind. It doesn't take much to see the split between Trump and the Republicans in both houses. Some, I'm sure, have been waiting to see where the so-called Russian issue went before choosing sides. As it seems to have, at the least, lost momentum, some of the Republicans in Congress should start leaning towards Trump and his Presidency. Is it enough to take on both the flat-lined Democrats AND the Republican Elite?

I think not.

The only thing I can take from this 0-4 trend is 'not the Democrats'. Period. I say so what?? No leadership, no platform and despite media support, no results. Therefore, who is the real winner?

Trump or The Republicans? Some would say both. Perhaps. Yet that fight is just warming up, IMO.

Call the 0-4 run the 'playoffs'. The Democrats have been officially eliminated. Now we move to the championship game.

Trump vs the republicans.

Off to work so I can't respond/learn from the posts till later. Some damned smart people on this site, far smarter than me....

What do you think?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Democrats once again blew themselves up in these elections - focusing on Trump instead of what they would actually do themselves. They are simply not learning.
Ossoff, for example, seemed to try and win Georgia with a "Make Trump Furious" campaign. Rather pathetic effort from the wimpy little stone thrower.

Democrats have only one way back from the political wilderness - get behind their President and help him deliver his agenda. They have not quite worked out that Trump is not a Republican... he is for all intents an independent.
edit on 21/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I think that what is so appealing about Trump is that he really isn't a Democrat or Republican. Also, he is a social moderate.

He certainly isn't perfect, but if people can quit being hung up on the personality...his policy positions are good.
edit on 2017/6/21 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I think that what is so appealing about Trump is that he really isn't a Democrat or Republican. Also, he is a social moderate.

He certainly isn't perfect, but if people can quit being hung up on the personality...his policy positions are good.

The real power base lies in the moderate democrats and moderate republicans... the sooner THEY realise that they can form a caucus, which would be the majority in the house and senate by far, and reject the far right and far left the sooner things move forward.

The far left propagandists are very quiet today, even on here. Perhaps Georgia was their "come to Jesus" moment.
edit on 21/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Maybe they are realizing their Soros funded troll army is doing more damage than good.

I wonder... Could we find these people through LinkedIn and glassfoor?

edit on 21-6-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

The real power base lies in the moderate democrats and moderate republicans... the sooner THEY realise that they can form a caucus, which would be the majority in the house and senate by far, and reject the far right and far left the sooner things move forward.

They did in Georgia. We mostly dont vote D or R , but against the lying , cheatin scoundrels...

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Democrats once again blew themselves up in these elections - focusing on Trump instead of what they would actually do themselves. They are simply not learning.
Ossoff, for example, seemed to try and win Georgia with a "Make Trump Furious" campaign. Rather pathetic effort from the wimpy little stone thrower.

Democrats have only one way back from the political wilderness - get behind their President and help him deliver his agenda. They have not quite worked out that Trump is not a Republican... he is for all intents an independent.

You're talking out of your bum. Ossoff didn't go after Trump at all. None of this is about sour grapes either, it's not about whatever party Trump claims to be part of or not... it's about policies that are abhorrent to the majority of the country. People don't seem to realize the connection that in order to stop Trump you have to vote people into Congress that will vote against bills that support his agenda. Trump is at 36% approval but people keep sending the GOP to the House... brilliant!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: UKTruth

You're talking out of your bum. Ossoff didn't go after Trump at all. None of this is about sour grapes either, it's not about whatever party Trump claims to be part of or not... it's about policies that are abhorrent to the majority of the country. People don't seem to realize the connection that in order to stop Trump you have to vote people into Congress that will vote against bills that support his agenda. Trump is at 36% approval but people keep sending the GOP to the House... brilliant!

If the 'majority' find his policies 'abhorrent' AND his approval rating is at 36%, why are the Dems 0-4?

Either the polls are wrong....again, or the majority actually support his policies. Your post doesn't add up. But then again neither does your party's actions either. Oh well.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I'm not a democrat for one thing for another the last bit of my post explains my thinking. Also all four of those seats are Red. There wasn't terribly much hope to flip them. Ossoff was the most promising but again the largest voting block in the 6th is Red.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I don't know the answers to all your questions but, I heard a similar point about the Georgia election today. Basically, it sounded like in Georgia the Democrats tried to make voting anti Trump an issue, while the Republicans tried to take party loyalty off the table and remain fairly non committed in either direction.

The idea was, they didn't want to lose the Trump supporters but they wanted to leave open the door to oppose him later.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I'm not a democrat for one thing for another the last bit of my post explains my thinking. Also all four of those seats are Red. There wasn't terribly much hope to flip them. Ossoff was the most promising but again the largest voting block in the 6th is Red.

Fair enough, from that perspective. Yet, it does point out that the main theme of the MSM, and your post, re: Trump isn't being reflected in these elections.

My OP includes that, in the sense that there is nothing occurring from the Democrat side that is likely to change much in D.C.. ( likely won't until effective, positive leadership rises from the ranks.) Therefore Trumps barrier lies within the Republican Party, itself.

Which no one really seems interested in or willing to discuss.

Interesting....

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I don't know the answers to all your questions but, I heard a similar point about the Georgia election today. Basically, it sounded like in Georgia the Democrats tried to make voting anti Trump an issue, while the Republicans tried to take party loyalty off the table and remain fairly non committed in either direction.

The idea was, they didn't want to lose the Trump supporters but they wanted to leave open the door to oppose him later.

Thanks for that comeback. Your the first to address that question. That would seem the prudent tack to take on their part.

Now what does that do to the dynamic is D.C.? If anything?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Exactly. In my case, I AM willing to put nation above my personal beliefs....to a degree. Unless more do that we are screwed, blued and tattooed. JMO
edit on 21-6-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Now what does that do to the dynamic is D.C.? If anything?

I think it's just more of the same. Trumps biggest challenge is in keeping his own party in line.

top topics

join