It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Lose....Again

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Maybe everyone can win now.
The republicans will roll out a new health care system with a heart, infrastructure will revive rural America, the Middle East and China Seas will be at peace like never before. One thing is for sure, Goldman Sachs and all the Wall Street rich will be ecstatic that republicans have all the power now. I'm happy for the coming tax cuts and deregs they dreamed of. It will be peace in the land.

I really mean that.
edit on 21-6-2017 by MOMof3 because: sp

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Maybe everyone can win now.
The republicans will roll out a new health care system with a heart, infrastructure will revive rural America, the Middle East and China Seas will be at peace like never before. One thing is for sure, Goldman Sachs and all the Wall Street rich will be ecstatic that republicans have all the power now. I'm happy for the coming tax cuts and deregs they dreamed of. It will be peace in the land.

I really mean that.

Hence the need for multiple parties that use common sense and the ability to work together to make things better.
I would be just fine with both the D and R parties collapsing in ruin. I just hope that we would have more than two alternative parties to choose from.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

You know, I hope it works that way, because so far tax reform is a generation at a time, deal, health care still fills the special interest pockets and without an strong industrial base that we lost 25 years ago is not gong to be jobs for the rural American like in my town that has see all the big industrial base gone.

Wall street will always dominate the economy because that is the way that has been set up for decades.

Things could get better, but never will be back to the way it was when I was a child and US was the industrial and economic power of the word along with been the biggest oil producer.

I know reality, I know my history and my facts.

Is not much government can do in todays era when multi corporations and world banks control the world.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: shooterbrody

So "job approval" means throw them out of office now?

Give it time... there are still several investigations to be concluded. Woo woo! Jump on the jail trail!

We can't even discuss ANY election democrats lose without Russia appearing in the thread. How long will this go on? How long will they be blamed for everything that goes wrong for the Dems? I have never seen ineptness explained away like this. Does the russia excuse have an expiration date? If so when? Will they still be used as the reason elections are lost 4 years from now?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: keenmachine

Who mentioned Russia? Stick with the program, it's obstruction of justice and embezzlement now.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: UKTruth

You simply don't get it. Trump is the democratically elected President of the United States.

You simply don't get it. The Constitution provides articles of impeachment precisely to correct this situation. The Constitution gave this playground bully a shot at being President, and the Constitution will remove him from office before he causes further harm. I hope he is forced to repay all the taxpayer money he has been lining his pocket with.

Lol. The 'situation' you seem to be imagining is truly hilarious.

So it is perfectly all right for the President of the United States to invite the Director of the FBI to a private dinner and threaten to fire him if he continues investigating one of his staff members? There is nothing wrong with a candidate who encourages Russia to hack his opponent's emails? It's perfectly acceptable to force the Secret Service to spend taxpayer money in order to be put up in one of the President's hotels? Hilarious. Freaking hilarious. I can't wait until Jeremy becomes PM. That will be a hoot!

lol
RUSSIA

I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Outlier13

I dont see it as a loss, i think its a win that it was even so close. The pendulum WILL swing...those things take time.

This is proof that it already is in effect.

Brilliant... a loss is a win.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Only people who vote are illegal aliens and Russian hackers. +)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Excellent observations UK. A 2.3% increase since November? I bet that gap widens substantially over a 4 year time line. Dems are in crisis mode. Nothing they do resonates with their base and hopefully the good democrats are becoming awake to how vitriolic their party has become.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

It was a good time when we had a blue collar working middle class after the unions fought to form.

Back then, the corporations needed consumers, so they were in control, just a different way.

Like electricity to rural areas in the early 19th century, a partnership with corp and government.

And then indoor plumbing in the 60's to the rural south, another partnership.

Telephone poles strung across farmland, all to capture consumers.

The war machine, the cold war, Viet Nam war.

Just a different kind of control.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I dont see it as a loss, i think its a win that it was even so close. The pendulum WILL swing...those things take time.

This is proof that it already is in effect.

Brilliant... a loss is a win.

You must take into consideration it was a close call in a deep red state. That...is a win.

Also if Ossoff won it would be an even bigger win, but many times democrats do not even run...at all...in these deep red states.

He proved it was possible to run AND almost win. It gives the democratic bench in these deep red states lots of hope.

Also, democrats are a little more mature than, "ha ha we won, you lost" mentality.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Excellent observations UK. A 2.3% increase since November? I bet that gap widens substantially over a 4 year time line. Dems are in crisis mode. Nothing they do resonates with their base and hopefully the good democrats are becoming awake to how vitriolic their party has become.

nope, that is not at all what is happening or how the "good democrats" are thinking but keep on keep in' on, just letting you know that is not happening tho

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Well, now, it all depends on expectations, doesn't it?

The tide is turning, friends. And that is a "win."

Ok...I want to make sure I am following you here. The below pic is actually a win for democrats?

I was super confused as to the definition of "win" so I had to go back and make sure I fully understood the definition of "win" used either as a verb or a noun:

win
[win]

VERB

be successful or victorious in (a contest or conflict):
"the Mets have won four games in a row" ·

"the republicans continue to win election after election" (more)
synonyms: take · be the victor in · be the winner of · come first in ·

acquire or secure as a result of a contest, conflict, bet, or other endeavor:
"there are hundreds of prizes to be won" ·

synonyms: secure · gain · garner · collect · pick up · walk away/off with · carry off ·

NOUN

a successful result in a contest, conflict, bet, or other endeavor; a victory:
"a win against Norway"
synonyms: victory · triumph · conquest

I'm just not following how the below pic actually represents a win. My reading comprehension may be in question so I am calling on any ATS member to help me understand if what I have identified as visual indicators of a win is accurate or not?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I know, I am already considered in the baby boomers generation, the 60s, my children already are pass their generation span too, that is only 25 years.

We do remember how good things used to be back in those days, social justice was the right thing to fight for and people were prosperous without an expensive education.

My best years were the 70s and 80s, we come a long way.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

as i mentioned to UTK earlier, there are many things to take into consideration with this defeat...

Ossoff ALMOST won in an ALL RED state where democrats usually do not even run for office bc its hopeless. This gives the democratic bench MUCH MUCH hope.

and it restores virtue to me bc almost half of the voters voted for Ossoff where I expected much much less.

Yes, he was defeated, but the very slim margin speaks VOLUMES.

get it?

this is not rocket science. I know the red half is gloating in glee of WINNING...as you are entitled to, but yes, you guys should also be scared...very scared. Its ok if you are not tho, ignorance IS bliss for some.
edit on 21-6-2017 by veracity because: edited some mean verbiage...sorry

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
52 to 48 is not even close for an election.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

as i mentioned to UTK earlier, there are many things to take into consideration with this defeat...

Ossoff ALMOST won in an ALL RED state where democrats usually do not even run for office bc its hopeless. This gives the democratic bench MUCH MUCH hope.

and it restores virtue to me bc almost half of the voters voted for Ossoff where I expected much much less.

Yes, he was defeated, but the very slim margin speaks VOLUMES.

get it?

this is not rocket science. I know the red half is gloating in glee of WINNING...as you are entitled to, but yes, you guys should also be scared...very scared. Its ok if you are not tho, ignorance IS bliss for some.

Is 'almost winning' what was effectively a two horse race also losing?

Democrats most certainly do 'run' in GA06 and this time is was the Democrats themselves that made a huge issue of this election and pumped in tens of millions of dollars to make it happen. They targeted the district because Trump only beat Clinton by 1.5% in November. They were all in and confident. ... then they lost by a bigger percentage than Clinton lost.

A huge waste of time, money and political capital. It was not just a loss, it was a major loss to the credibility of the Democratic party. Their referendum on Trump backfired - making it not just a Congressional seat they didn't flip, but a political win for Trump.

Now on to some more specifics. Ossoff got the same number of votes as the last candidate who ran in November. All that money only managed to get out the general election vote numbers. These special elections draw a lower vote total usually, but even though republicans acted as they normally do in terms of turnout, being less interested in election outside of the general and mid terms, they STILL won.

Most of all though, it was a loss for Democrats because, well, they lost.

Democrats had 4 special elections to go after to try and flip a seat ... they talked themselves up in all of them... they LOST all of them.

One of the very best parts of enjoying a win is watching the losers come to terms with their loss. It's a marvel to listen to the kind of mental gymnastics that chalks one up in the win column after losing by over 3%.
edit on 21/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You forgot to add that is was a "historical" in that district once again as they have not hold that district in many years.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

ignorance IS bliss for some

only for those who describe losing as winning

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

ignorance IS bliss for some

only for those who describe losing as winning

48 is the new 52.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>