It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Lose....Again

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: UKTruth

Can you point to anything trump whipped through congress and then signed?

I think it's apples and oranges here. Yes he is signing things but what is he signing? Anything that needed statesmanship to pass?

A President does not 'whip things through Congress'.
If he works with Congress then an agenda can be pushed through.

The fact remains - more bills have been signed into law in his first 100 days than any President since Truman. I take it you don't think he is signing bills that he disagrees with...?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I take it he is grasping at any symbolic gesture he can since his statesman ship is on a middle school level.

And his followers are buying it same as it ever was.

And yeah presidents whip things through congress. The closest guy we have had to trump is Johnson and he whipped it out everywhere. Including congress. No pun intended
edit on 21-6-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The fact remains - more bills have been signed into law in his first 100 days than any President since Truman. I take it you don't think he is signing bills that he disagrees with...?

He would need to be able to read the bills first. He is signing anything and everything that crosses his desk so that he can tweet that he "passed" more legislation than any other President.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

What you see as a simple win/loss I see as an indication that what should have been an easy win for Republicans turned into a nail-biter, like it was a normal swing district.

I saw the MSM calling this a referendum on Trump all day long yesterday.
I see a Congressional campaign that broke the record for spending..... with the majority of that money being Democratic and from out of state.
I see people that live in Georgia calling the Californians invading their district 'carpetbaggers'.

I see that since the Republican won, the Democrats are calling it a moral victory.

That is a touchy feely way to say.... 'We lost, but we are used to getting trophies for losing, so we get to call it a win.'

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

What makes you think I'm not posting this from Canada, eh?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

He would need to be able to read the bills first. He is signing anything and everything that crosses his desk so that he can tweet that he "passed" more legislation than any other President.

hahahaha.
You literally are twisted up by his progress.

A few weeks ago you were attacking because no bills had been signed, now you have egg on your face over that, you think he is passing them to spite you.

edit on 21/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: UKTruth

a reply to: AboveBoard

And here is where Russia seems to be going. They do not need to hack voting machines. The reports are that they have been accessing voter data bases. If they hack into "purple" districts and drop reliable "blue" voters here and there, they can turn purple districts red on election day. Five or six voters who apparently "forgot to re-register" at a polling place would not attract much attention. If that happened at every polling place in a battleground state....

Or it could just be that far left propaganda and nonsense is not working, and Trump just keeps on #winning despite the radical lefts' tactics.

But yeah - Russia - hardly surprising you would go there

Winning by a narrow margin in what shouldn't have even been a contest isn't something to crow about.

But please, do go on thinking that way. It means you haven't the foresight to understand that what looks like Democratics simply receding in defeat is really the precursor to a tsunami.

Watching you spin this is really great. You should charge admission.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I take it he is grasping at any symbolic gesture he can since his statesman ship is on a middle school level.

And yeah presidents whip things through congress. The closest guy we have had to trump is Johnson and he whipped it out everywhere. Including congress. No pun intended

Back to your opinions again, this time of what is in Trump's mind as he gets more bills passed through Congress in his first few months than any President in the last 60 years ...
edit on 21/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I'f I'm not mistaken, almost half of what Trump has signed so far were required to be signed within 60 days due to the Congressional Review Act, because they were not new laws going in to place. They were repeals of existing regulations. It's also a slightly different process than a regular bill.

While it is true he has signed more in his first 100 days since Truman, nothing of significance has came across his desk. Mostly fluff and repeals.
edit on 21-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

a reply to: luthier

I do. A good president leads congress with the help of the vice president and uses his advising budget to make legislation agendas congress can vote on.

Thank you for trying to explain this. Trump followers think the President is a monarch. Unfortunately, so does the sitting President.

Lol...um no, many of us here understand civics. Bills start in the House. I think you can still find School House Rocks on YouTube...How a Bill Becomes a Law...

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

In the ats mudpit go figure, let me guess you have been working out your PhD thesis here over the last few pages.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

In the ats mudpit go figure, let me guess you have been working out your PhD thesis here over the last few pages.

No, I am just having fun at the Democrats expense after they lost again last night.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Two ways to look at it. Some conservatives are saying jeez it shouldn't have even been close especially given the candidates. SC being the big shock for me

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: StoutBroux

I agree. They seem to be screwing up healthcare pretty badly. But who knows what will happen.

It's hard to polish a turd. I'm neither left nor right because labels only serve to divide. That said however I was WAY better off pre-obamacare. When I was FORCED to use obamacare I was not making good money, just enough to have to pay for the privilege of paying more for health care. I mean seriously, it covered nothing, yes maybe if something really really bad happened it would have actually done something, but at the same time I was paying into a system, that then made me pay mroe to go to the doctor.

Funny that those that came up with it are exempt from it, or not so funny I should say. This whole government stinks...taking money from corporations. By the people for the people my ass. Both sides need to go to hell, we are on the same team ffs. Meanwhile the left and right bicker about this or that while the country goes down the drain.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I just hope my Johnson joke didn't go unnoticed. It's hard to fit Jumbo into conversations.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

I dont see it as a loss, i think its a win that it was even so close. The pendulum WILL swing...those things take time.

This is proof that it already is in effect.

edit on 21-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

How embarrassing.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

it would have been VERY shocking if he DID win. Its actually quite shocking that it was so close.

What is this Georgia?

Republicans have always ruled the deep southern states with the bible belt, so with it being this close is actually progress...not embarrassing AT ALL

In many cases...democrats do not even run for office in the deep red states so for him to almost win is wonderful...and republicans you have the right to be scared...be very scared.

Good Job OSSOFF!
edit on 21-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Good Job OSSOFF!

Best line of the day!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

His campaign slogan was "Vote your OSSOFF"

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join