It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Lose....Again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: UKTruth

The Georgia election was never supposed to be close. The Democrats have a terrible plan however, they just can't seem to find any centrists.

Booker seems to be about as close as it gets maybe a few from Colorado. Booker looks to be getting paid off lately with his grand standing however.

I would say the largest issue is the Democrats seem to fail to find adults who are centrist to run against the more extreme right folks. It's truly amazing how terribly the part is being run.

The Democrats piled in 10's of millions and lauded it as a referendum on Trump. They knew he only won by 1.5% in this district in November and that the Republican vote was split amongst many candidates in round 1. They made GA06 their Waterloo.

Compared to Trumps performance, Handel did better.
Ossoff only got the same number of votes that the DEM candidate did in November - for all the money thrown at the race.

The Dems are in a mess - because they can;t let go of silly Russian propaganda and an anti-Trump platform.

edit on 21/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You are not just cheering against trump, what you people dont realize is you are cheering against ameica.

Exactly the opposite. America's liberal democratic institutions are doing their job. They are slowly and methodically working to preserve our constitutional republic. In cheering on Trump, you are cheering against America and everything it stands for.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I disagree. The demo are mess because they have no plans to move the party towards the center. The public is generally anti trump, it's the solution suggestions that are the issue.

The Russian propaganda is being used by both trump and the dems.

I wasn't talking about the money spent. I was talking about the fact that they put up a candidate who wasn't likely to win and that the elections should not be close if the president was not creating constant drama and was seen favorably by the public.

If trumps approval rating was over 50 percent none of these elections would be close.since he is very unpopular, especially for centrists who see him as just the opposite of the foaming at the mouth liberals, the races are much closer than they should be

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

These people do not deal with reality.
If they did all they would have to say this morning is "we lost, time to get a better plan".
None of them will say this.

The Dems lost. True.

*grins*

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I disagree. The demo are mess because they have no plans to move the party towards the center. The public is generally anti trump, it's the solution suggestions that are the issue.

I wasn't talking about the money spent. I was talking about the fact that they put up a candidate who wasn't likely to win and that the elections should not be close if the president was not creating constant drama and was seen favorably by the public.

If trumps approval rating was over 50 percent none of these elections would be close.since he is very unpopular, especially for centrists who see him as just the opposite of the foaming at the mouth liberals, the races are much closer than they should be

No the public is not generally anti-Trump, there are a minority of anti-Trumpers, the majority in the centre who are split (neither pro or anti) and a minority of pro-Trump.

As for the polls...

link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Why are you right wing acting like just because a republican was voted in that they support trump. There are plenty of republicans in office, who no longer support or even like trump. Just saying. trump is holding on by a thread....Lets see if he releases those tapes, that he dosent have.....

link   

The Dems are in a mess - because they can;t let go of silly Russian propaganda and an anti-Trump platform.

I agree they are in a mess, but it has nothing to do with the Russia investigations or their opposition to Trump. They went from being the party of youth in the sixties, seventies, and eighties, to an inflexible gerontocracy. They once represented the working classes. Now they represent people who consider gender language more important than economics and foreign policy. Anti-Trumpism is their fall back position. The Dems have about six months to replace their party leadership or 2018 will be an even worse nightmare for the country than 1968-1972.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I agree they are in a mess, but it has nothing to do with the Russia investigations or their opposition to Trump. They went from being the party of youth in the sixties, seventies, and eighties, to an inflexible gerontocracy. They once represented the working classes. Now they represent people who consider gender language more important than economics and foreign policy. Anti-Trumpism is their fall back position. The Dems have about six months to replace their party leadership or 2018 will be an even worse nightmare for the country than 1968-1972.

With idiots like Schumer, Pelosi, Booker, Sanders, Harris et al, the Dems are going nowhere. They are not going to change. The right thing for real Democrats to do is reject the far left and join with moderate republicans, then work directly with the President, also rejecting the far right.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

No the public is not generally anti-Trump, there are a minority of anti-Trumpers, the majority in the centre who are split (neither pro or anti) and a minority of pro-Trump.

As for the polls...

No, there are many many people who think trump is a failure and are extremely dissapointed.

In fact the only positive words I hear are on ats. The only people thinking he is doing awesome are on the fringe and know nothing about policy and how to get it through congress or even basic legal process.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

As for the polls...

No, there are many many people who think trump is a failure and are extremely dissapointed.

In fact the only positive words I hear are on ats. The only people thinking he is doing awesome are on the fringe and know nothing about policy and how to get it through congress or even basic legal process.

Whatever - keep that head firmly in the sand.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The Georgia election was never supposed to be close. The Democrats have a terrible plan however, they just can't seem to find any centrists.

Booker seems to be about as close as it gets maybe a few from Colorado. Booker looks to be getting paid off lately with his grand standing however.

I would say the largest issue is the Democrats seem to fail to find adults who are centrist to run against the more extreme right folks. It's truly amazing how terribly the part is being run.

The Democrats piled in 10's of millions and lauded it as a referendum on Trump. They knew he only won by 1.5% in this district in November and that the Republican vote was split amongst many candidates in round 1. They made GA06 their Waterloo.

Compared to Trumps performance, Handel did better.
Ossoff only got the same number of votes that the DEM candidate did in November - for all the money thrown at the race.

Yep. It was a closer race than usual in that district, but given the money and attention that the Dems threw at this race...and that Handel went through a brutal primary...that's not surprising. The question is, can the Democrats narrow the gap in a general election where they can't individually focus on each competitive district and pour $30 million into them? Maybe they can, but I don't think the results of this particular race mean anything in that regard, because the Dems will not have many of the advantages in a generic 2018 GOP leaning House race that they had here.
edit on 21-6-2017 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

This was a hard red district.

Where the HADES did you get the 6th District was Republican ? Politics in Georgia doesnt work that way. Most dont give a rat's ass if you have a R or D by your name...
From a Georgian . A REAL Georgian.
Ossoff lost due to the lying propaganda put out by the DNC , his affiliation with Pelosi and others , etc....

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

With idiots like Schumer, Pelosi, Booker, Sanders, Harris et al, the Dems are going nowhere. They are not going to change. The right thing for real Democrats to do is reject the far left and join with moderate republicans, then work directly with the President, also rejecting the far right.

The problem is that so long as Republicans continue to shelter Trump in their midst for short term gain, the Democrats cannot possibly even communicate with them. Trump is incredibly toxic. What needs to happen is for moderate Republicans to join with the Democrats in ousting Trump so that the government can resume functioning again. Hopefully, this will lead to the formation of a viable, centrist, third party.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Dude all I can say is you live in fantasy land and need to lay off whatever you've been smoking

Jaden

link   

Lol are you kidding me?
Hillarious...not the Russians real Americans beat globalist cash

link   

What needs to happen is for moderate Republicans to join with the Democrats in ousting Trump so that the government can resume functioning again.

Keep on preaching that!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Have you read any of trumps policy ideas? How do you think his budget proposal would do? Tax plan? The fence not wall he is proposing?

How about his constant tweets? Which udder mine his own policy.

Or the fact he acts like a snowflake talking about how unfair it is

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I'd have no problem voting for, or even supporting a democrat who wanted smaller government, lower taxes, keeping government out of healthcare. . . . . . .

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: AboveBoard

And here is where Russia seems to be going. They do not need to hack voting machines. The reports are that they have been accessing voter data bases. If they hack into "purple" districts and drop reliable "blue" voters here and there, they can turn purple districts red on election day. Five or six voters who apparently "forgot to re-register" at a polling place would not attract much attention. If that happened at every polling place in a battleground state....

Blimey. That didn't take long.

I guess Vladimir Putin is a Bond Villain. Only a Bond Villain would concoct a scheme so convoluted and ridiculous.
edit on -050008am6kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join