It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Lose....Again

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

politics.blog.ajc.com...

The race for Georgia’s 6th District was already the most expensive election of its kind. Now the contest to represent a suburban Atlanta district has shattered another barrier, topping $50 million in overall spending. An election-eve analysis by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution shows that roughly $42 million has been spent or reserved for TV and radio ads in the race – including about $27 million since the first-round of voting in April winnowed the field in Tuesday’s vote to Democrat Jon Ossoff and Republican Karen Handel. That doesn’t include the other cash spent by the campaigns and the super PACs and outside groups supporting them for other trappings of the campaigns, including direct-mail, staff payroll, consulting fees and digital ads. The analysis shows Ossoff laid out $14.2 million on ad time and spent at least another $8 million on other costs. Handel spent $2.5 million on TV, radio and cable spots and had at least $1 million in other expenses. Both campaigns were buoyed by a tide of outside spending in the runoff phase, though Ossoff’s record-breaking fundraising haul – he took in more than $23 million since January – meant he needed less backup. Still, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee spent nearly $5 million on TV ads boosting his campaign or slamming Handel, while other left-leaning groups chipped in about $1 million more. In all, left-leaning groups and Ossoff combined for about $2 million more in ad spending than Handel and conservative allies during the runoff phase.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Only need to pick up 24 seats

Yeah - I bet the GOP are quaking in their boots after going 4-0 in the districts Dems thought they could win.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13
The fact that the democrats are calling this a win show exactly how far they have fallen.

I would like to think this will be the wake up call for them to stop the pandering to the identity politics but we know better.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Hey! The Russians are pushing a fake story about a confrontation between a NATO jet and a Russian official over the Baltic! Shouldn't you be there?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Hey! The Russians are pushing a fake story about a confrontation between a NATO jet and a Russian official over the Baltic! Shouldn't you be there?

No. it's much better here, enjoying another Democrat loss.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Ever see Monty Pythons holy grail movie?
Just a flesh wound....

Whistle in the dark all you like. This amazing "winning" feeling is temporary. It is hubris to think otherwise, especially since Trump's approval rating is so far down in the dump.

The anger over what happened with Russia hasn't even really kicked in with a lot of Dems yet - just wait... The Right will have their turn as the Black Knight soon enough...

Good grief..again with the Russia, Rusdia, Russia. Do you follow politics? Even your own side has begun admitting ZERO evidence of collusion. When you can lay out the Democratic policies to help America (that aren't all unicorns and rainbows paid for only by those who work for a living), perhaps we can better debate the difference between philosophies...

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

I would agree that people took it too simplistically. A clear cut "win" for liberals in this case would have been emotionally satisfying, but a near-win was statistically quite good news.

There are 47 vulnerable seats in 2018. The Dems need 24 of them. A point shift like this is a good sign, not definitive, but a really really good sign.

(I'm a left leaning Independent btw. I've voted for Reps in the past if they were the better candidate. I'm a mix of liberal and conservative in ways that make me less pigeon-holed than most people here think.)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Just a flesh wound....

Whistle in the dark all you like. This amazing "winning" feeling is temporary. It is hubris to think otherwise, especially since Trump's approval rating is so far down in the dump.

The anger over what happened with Russia hasn't even really kicked in with a lot of Dems yet - just wait... The Right will have their turn as the Black Knight soon enough...

No, and that's why the left isn't winning! People want to be winning. Everyone want's to be winning....in fact, it's why they have candidates, so their side can be winning. Winning will never get old and the fact that in these last five special elections, the democrats lost shows exactly who is winning. The right just reinforced their winning base. Why would anyone think it's temporary? The democrats have been losing political seats right and left since Obama took the presidency. It doesn't appear to be slowing in the least.

Look at Illinois, a blue state, can't even pay their lottery winners. They are effen broke after wasting billions of tax money and now they want to raise taxes even more on the thinning population remaining after the last several years of exodus by businesses and peoples all because of financial mismanagement by the state. Look at all the states raising gas taxes to help the cost of road repair even after the two separate trillions of dollars spending packages over the last 10 years that were supposed to address these specific costs. Look at the people who have been waiting for jobs, money to support their families, it hasn't been happening and things are going to have to change. The Democrats weren't sending out that message. They haven't the backed the middle class for decades. They lost their base and until their actions speak louder than their words they are a failing party.

What will kill the Republicans is if they screw up the health care. It's number one and they better get it right. So far, they are doing everything wrong with it.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Even your own side has begun admitting ZERO evidence of collusion.

Really? What universe are you living in?

link   

Double post. --DJW001
edit on 21-6-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Just a flesh wound....

Good grief..again with the Russia, Rusdia, Russia. Do you follow politics? Even your own side has begun admitting ZERO evidence of collusion. When you can lay out the Democratic policies to help America (that aren't all unicorns and rainbows paid for only by those who work for a living), perhaps we can better debate the difference between philosophies...

Do you know how long it took the Watergate investigation to conclude anything meaningful? The Russia investigation is far more complex than a simple DNC break-in.

Give it time. Or not, but it's still happening.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I would agree that people took it too simplistically. A clear cut "win" for liberals in this case would have been emotionally satisfying, but a near-win was statistically quite good news.

There are 47 vulnerable seats in 2018. The Dems need 24 of them. A point shift like this is a good sign, not definitive, but a really really good sign.

(I'm a left leaning Independent btw. I've voted for Reps in the past if they were the better candidate. I'm a mix of liberal and conservative in ways that make me less pigeon-holed than most people here think.)

Wrong - they need 24 AND they need to hold in all their own competitive races.

There are 27 Republican districts with races deemed 'easier' for Democrats to flip than GA06, so that would mean winning almost all of those AND holding all the DEM districts that are in play.
The Senate is an even worse picture for the Democrats

Best of luck - but I see some more Trump #winning on the horizon.
edit on 21/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Same old song ...

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

The special elections were in places that shouldn't even be close. I would keep that in mind.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Just a flesh wound....

Do you know how long it took the Watergate investigation to conclude anything meaningful? The Russia investigation is far more complex than a simple DNC break-in.

Give it time. Or not, but it's still happening.

So there is nothing except internet memes ,stupid stories on facebook, and one actual attempt to hack voter data?
It has been A YEAR for the official investigation and no indictments.
The watergate narrative you are pushing will drown your party.
You are not just cheering against trump, what you people dont realize is you are cheering against ameica. Keep it up and see how many elections you win.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Math must be hard for you.
Which win was by the larger margin?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

These people do not deal with reality.
If they did all they would have to say this morning is "we lost, time to get a better plan".
None of them will say this.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The Georgia election was never supposed to be close. The Democrats have a terrible plan however, they just can't seem to find any centrists.

Booker seems to be about as close as it gets maybe a few from Colorado. Booker looks to be getting paid off lately with his grand standing however.

I would say the largest issue is the Democrats seem to fail to find adults who are centrist to run against the more extreme right folks. It's truly amazing how terribly the part is being run.
edit on 21-6-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I agree. They seem to be screwing up healthcare pretty badly. But who knows what will happen.

Who knows if Trump will sign it or not?

The Dems have to get back to the middle class and away from identity politics as a major focus. I'm all for inclusiveness but you can't win without looking at what helps the majority, including white middle class.

That's good paying jobs, healthcare policy that actually lets you receive healthcare, education that prepares people to go out and achieve those good paying jobs, quality food and clean water and breatheable air, and affordable housing obtainable with that great education and good job.

Heck, everybody needs that.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Uh...how is your cognitive ability?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join