It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Lose....Again

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

your post says alot more about you than dems. It proves to me that YOU are a special kind of clueless but ignorance is bliss...be happy and keep on.
edit on 23-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Give me a counter argument then. Oh yeah...you don't have one. Your boy lost because dems have created the most poisonous political environment in present day memory and that killed it for him. Then again you may be one of the dems on this board thinking this loss is actually a win. I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around that bit of f**ked up logic but hey...whatever you need to tell yourself to make it through a day.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
And they should keep losing. Establishment Dems and Establishment repulicans are basically the same with a few minor platform details.

Niether ever lowers taxes or shrinks the government or takes welfare away or does anything about immigration or stops colonialism or gives us more liberty or freedom.

The rise of the third parties is the only way to defeat our corporate overlords and currupt two party system.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

You're doing the spinning. Check out the history of this district:
2016: 61.7% Republican
2014: 66.0% Republican
2012: 64.5% Republican
2010: 99.9% Republican
2008: 64.5% Republican
2006: 74.4% Republican
2004: 100 % Republican
2002: 79.9% Republican

In fact, the district has elected only Republicans since 1978. This is the closest race for that district in a long time.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: Outlier13

as i mentioned to UTK earlier, there are many things to take into consideration with this defeat...

Ossoff ALMOST won in an ALL RED state where democrats usually do not even run for office bc its hopeless. This gives the democratic bench MUCH MUCH hope.

and it restores virtue to me bc almost half of the voters voted for Ossoff where I expected much much less.

Yes, he was defeated, but the very slim margin speaks VOLUMES.

get it?

this is not rocket science. I know the red half is gloating in glee of WINNING...as you are entitled to, but yes, you guys should also be scared...very scared. Its ok if you are not tho, ignorance IS bliss for some.

Is 'almost winning' what was effectively a two horse race also losing?

Democrats most certainly do 'run' in GA06 and this time is was the Democrats themselves that made a huge issue of this election and pumped in tens of millions of dollars to make it happen. They targeted the district because Trump only beat Clinton by 1.5% in November. They were all in and confident. ... then they lost by a bigger percentage than Clinton lost.

A huge waste of time, money and political capital. It was not just a loss, it was a major loss to the credibility of the Democratic party. Their referendum on Trump backfired - making it not just a Congressional seat they didn't flip, but a political win for Trump.

Now on to some more specifics. Ossoff got the same number of votes as the last candidate who ran in November. All that money only managed to get out the general election vote numbers. These special elections draw a lower vote total usually, but even though republicans acted as they normally do in terms of turnout, being less interested in election outside of the general and mid terms, they STILL won.

Most of all though, it was a loss for Democrats because, well, they lost.

Democrats had 4 special elections to go after to try and flip a seat ... they talked themselves up in all of them... they LOST all of them.

One of the very best parts of enjoying a win is watching the losers come to terms with their loss. It's a marvel to listen to the kind of mental gymnastics that chalks one up in the win column after losing by over 3%.

DNC is full of idiots. There is a minority of registered Democrats in the district compared to Republicans.

Yes, he got almost exactly the same number of votes as a different candidate in 2016 - the reason the margin was much closer this time is because Republican voters dropped from 200k to 135k.

Is a 33% decline in turnout a cause for celebration for Republicans?

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If Democrats prevent Republicans from voting on the ObamaCare replacement before they go home on July 4th to be mauled, the Democrats will have their first BIG WIN since 3.23.2010. (When Obamascrew was signed into law.)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Is a 33% decline in turnout a cause for celebration for Republicans?

Same reason Hillary lost with the 2 years of she going to win 100% propaganda. Why vote if your vote doesn't count or is needed?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join