It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA silence And Why We Need BLM On Streets:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

It is unfortunate that Philando Castile was not properly taught or forgot what he was taught because he was stoned on pot at the time.
Castile started going for his gun and Officer Yanez had to make a split second decision to save his life.
Don't conceal carry or drive while intoxicated.

Wasn't the weed found in his blood afterwards? Do you know how long THC stays in your blood?
There is no proof that he was high at the time.

There is also no way he would reach for a gun while a cop has his gun on him.
What you did in your post is shameful.
How can you blame the guy who got shot in front of his family, instead of the one who pulled the trigger?

There was no proof he wasnt high. Either way if its found in his system its justifiable as evidence so thats out the window and 2nd, how do you know he wasnt going for his gun, were you in the car with him? How do you know what that cops been through as well. You were in neither of they're shoes. Every black man that gets shot by a cop is innocent they say, pffft. There are good and bad on both sides. But the black community always cries for justice, even if a white cop shot a black man that was molesting a child they would scream for the head of the cop just because he's white. That alone is racist.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

It is unfortunate that Philando Castile was not properly taught or forgot what he was taught because he was stoned on pot at the time.
Castile started going for his gun and Officer Yanez had to make a split second decision to save his life.
Don't conceal carry or drive while intoxicated.

Wasn't the weed found in his blood afterwards? Do you know how long THC stays in your blood?
There is no proof that he was high at the time.

There is also no way he would reach for a gun while a cop has his gun on him.
What you did in your post is shameful.
How can you blame the guy who got shot in front of his family, instead of the one who pulled the trigger?

There was no proof he wasnt high. Either way if its found in his system its justifiable as evidence so thats out the window

This is one of the dumbest statements I've seen in quite awhile. There's no proof he wasn't high? Perhaps a good education in how science works would be your friend. See, you actually can determine a persons level of inebriation from cannabis via blood test. The half life of canabinoids are well documented making it quite easy to determine how long ago someone ingested cannabis and if it affected their ability to operate a motor vehicle. So no... it's not all out the door unless you can show me a citation showing that he was intoxicated and impaired from cannabis in science, we don't prove a negative. The onus, you see, is not on others to prove the driver was not stoned/high/intoxicated etc... it lies with those who are making the claim that his actions were impaired by marijuana.

and 2nd, how do you know he wasnt going for his gun, were you in the car with him? How do you know what that cops been through as well. You were in neither of they're shoes.

So are you playing decile advicte here or just an apologist for LEO's get out of jail free card because they were scared of the big scary black man in the car who did what he was trained to and informed the officer of his CCP?

Every black man that gets shot by a cop is innocent they say, pffft.

The last time I hedged, in america, EVERYONE is innocent until proven guilty. Summary executions by the constabulary on the roadside weren't really envisioned by the framers of the Constitution and I don't think it would sit too well with them

There are good and bad on both sides.

I don't think anyone disputes that point

But the black community always cries for justice, even if a white cop shot a black man that was molesting a child they would scream for the head of the cop just because he's white. That alone is racist.

No... that alone is nowhere near as racist as your premise. You've created a strawman based on a nonexistent hypothetical and then condemned everyone of color because of your own ignorant world views. Well done old chap! The Knights of the Golden Circle would have embraced you with open arms a century and a half ago

edit on 21-6-2017 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I'm not sure this case rises to the occasion. It appears that Mr. Castille did not follow instructions, but the Officer also seemed a bit jumpy as well. I believe the reason Mr. Yanez was jumpy was that Castille fit the description of an armed robber.

Once again though, this seems like a case of not following instructions. I've stated over and over again, when a cop pulls you over, keep both hands in view and STFU. It really isn't that difficult. There is a reason BLM/Pro-blacks keep losing these cases and it has nothing to do with racism. It is because once the facts come out, usually there are other circumstances that lead up to the person being killed namely either fighting with the officer or not following instructions.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
You should read both statements before assuming my logic... the cop couldnt prove nor disprove he was high at the time. He shoulda kept his damn hands on the wheel.
edit on 21-6-2017 by xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Part of a concealed weapon permit is being responsible. He said he had a weapon but failed to say he had a permit and keep his hands up and visible.

I think the cop should have pulled his weapon and told him to put his hands up instead of opening fire immediately, very stupid reaction, but there is a very important difference between saying I have a weapon and saying i have a concealed weapon permit.

Would it have happened differently if he was white? I don't know. If somebody told me they had a gun and reached for it, with or without telling me they were licensed, I'd draw, but not fire unless they presented. I think this cop may have feared for his life, but he obviously lacked training.

The problem is you and I will never know what the cop felt. Either way he appears to be wrong. I don't think protests, which frequently turn violent and destructive really help.
edit on 6/21/17 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

Another distraction, history and context mean little to some of you guys, always with the false equivalences, those orgs in no way mirrors white supramacist groups, matter of fact they were formed to opposed them, hell without white supramacist, they wouldn't even exist.

There are no Black only colleges, what you are referring to are HBCUs " historically black collages and universities, and guess how they came about in the first place?? Give up?? Because blacks were not allowed to go to most places of higher education with white student body, BET and AA media came about because no mainstream media back in the day covered AA social life, jeez some of you guys still manages to shock me with your blatant ignorance, I often thought these things must be common knowledge..

It is common knowledge for those who seek out truth. Most, unfortunately , would rather be spoon feed reality by their political party. It's easier that way.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx
You should read both statements before assuming my logic... the cop couldnt prove nor disprove he was high at the time. He shoulda kept his damn hands on the wheel.

He deserve to die because he didn't keep his hands on the wheel.
Do we really live in such an authority country as that?
Is that freedom? Are you a fascists?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

There was no proof he wasnt high

No proof the cop wasn't high ether.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe
I have decided to adopt the philosophy of do not declare your weapon to an officer until or unless you are asked to step out of the vehicle. I carry a blade on my belt at all time. I was pulled over some months back coming home from work. I got the usual "you selling drugs, what were you smoking?? it smells bad" , usually due to my tattoos and I am an obvious chico. I just laughed and complied and told him he does not need to make things up for a traffic stop.

My blade was visible, and I am sure he saw it. I did not say anything though. Once he asked me to step out of the car, I declared my weapon to him, with my hands on the wheel and asked how he would like me to step out. He said he noticed, and thanked me for telling him. After he handed it to his partner he illegally searched my vehicle while three others who arrived for backup observed.

I turned to the dash camera and stated that he did not ask and I did not approve. I wasn't making a fuss, I was just putting on the record. Anyways he thanked me for my cooperation, insisted I need to clean my vehicle, and I was on my way.

After reading more into this Castile case, I cannot help but feel that had he waited to declare his weapon until he was requested to vacate the vehicle, they probably would have been done and over with in five minutes without the need to step out or declare a weapon. Poor bastard, i feel bad for his girlfriend and daughter who had to witness it, and the family for their loss.

I think it is a safer strategy to just not declare your weapon unless you are being asked to step out. And lets not go into the right and wrong of being asked to step out for no reason. Just cooperate and get home, especially so if one is innocent. Being belligerent or a smart ass only escalates into hostility, and longer turnover time for a routine stop.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

There was no proof he wasnt high

No proof the cop wasn't high ether.

Had to smile at that one, these folks and their insipid justifications.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join