It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noticable improvements from intense meditation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I have been meditating a lot lately. I practice seed chakra chanting.

Here is a video I actually use and an example of the kind of chanting I perform and how I do it. This isn't the only way I do it however. I find that by focusing intently on one area for prolonged periods of time (days to weeks) works the best and occasionally mixing in the entire spectrum. Maybe once or twice a week. I would on average I do this for about 30-60 minutes a day sometimes more. I work in a loud factory running my own machine so I am able to do this at work if the need arises as well and this can go on for hours sometimes.

ar-yoga

This website has a very good breakdown for those of you who are new to meditating, chanting or the idea of energy and how it flows.

What is a Mantra? A sound, syllable, word, or group of words that is considered capable of “creating transformation.” The Sanskrit word mantra consists of the root man- “to think” (also in manas “mind”) and the suffix -tra, meaning “tools or instruments”, hence a literal translation would be “instrument of thought”.

What is Bija Mantra? Bija means seed. “The Bija mantras are one-syllable seed sounds that, when said aloud, activate the energy of the chakras in order to purify & balance the mind & body. When you speak the bija mantras, you resonate with the energy of the associated chakra, helping you focus upon your own instinctive awareness of your body & its needs.”-DailyOM

What is a chakra? In Sanskrit, chakra translates into “wheel”. These “wheels” can be thought of as vortexes that both receive & radiate energy. There are 7 major energy centers (aka chakras) in the human body. They run from the base of the spine to the crown of the head. Emotions, physical health, & mental clarity affect how well each chakra can filter energy. This in turn dictates how pure the energy is that’s emitted from different regions of the body.

I used to only practice mindfulness meditation and zen meditation focusing on the breathing. I then moved into "Om mani pedme hum" and eventually moved into the bija mantras or seed chanting.

Wiki

The esoteric traditions in Hinduism mention numerous chakras, of which they state seven are most important.[2][3][4] The seven system, according to David Gordon White, are one among many systems found in Hindu tantric literature. These texts teach many different Chakra theories.[42]
The Chakra methodology is extensively developed in the goddess tradition of Hinduism called Shaktism. It is an important concept along with yantras, mandalas and kundalini yoga system in its practice. Chakra in Shakta tantrism means circle, a "energy center" within, as well as is a term of group rituals such as in chakra-puja (worship within a circle) which may or may not involve tantra practice.[43] The cakra-based system is a part of the meditative exercises called Laya yoga.[44]
Some sub-traditions within the Shiva-related (Shaivism) school of Hinduism also developed texts and practices on Nadi and Chakra systems. According to Geoffrey, these systems were mapped to consciousness, energy or emotion, much like Vajrayana Buddhism.[45] These Hindu traditions also developed the yoga sub-school called the kriya yoga, or "yoga of ritual action", believed by its practitioners to activate Chakra and energy centers in the body.[46][note 2]

This is a little bit of history from Wiki to get your wheels turning.

In my opnion you should start with the base and ground yourself firmly. I know the meditation is working when I feel a slight tingling pain sensation around the area am I am working on. It's very real and after enough of a tingling sensation I will become lightheaded and unable to focus on the world around me.

I experience VERY real, real world manifestations from doing intense work on each area. Such as when I ground myself I am far less likely to become angry, make an irrational choice, to move, I feel more ok with whats happening in my life and am far less impulsive. That's just one example.

Feel free to add and post your experiences here.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Nice to hear you have been taking more meditative time and retreat.

The store-house is a very difficult place to clean... these are the "seed" syllables/mantras that you are referring too. Typically after kundalini awakening it is then best to focus on the "OM" the earth HERTZ sound so that the wish fulfilling jewel has a place to go or "form a lotus seat"

The "sounds" should be determined as; inner or outer flows... and yet in duality there is the the three worlds of ; me, myself, and I. The supposed self, as an ego, the experiencer as also an ego, and the illusion of a "me" that all of that is occurring too. There is simply awareness.

Once the ego has "died" all of the internal flows of outer poison are purified; they flow to the external as a sort of "cloud" or conglomerate still a duality because of all of the attachments.

These shouldn't take the form of "words"

But be thusly heard:

Before thou set’st thy foot upon the ladder’s upper rung, the ladder of the mystic sounds, thou hast to hear the voice of thy inner GOD* in seven manners.

The first is like the nightingale’s sweet voice chanting a song of parting to its mate.
The second comes as the sound of a silver cymbal of the Dhyanis, awakening the twinkling stars.
The next is as the plaint melodious of the ocean-sprite imprisoned in its shell.
And this is followed by the chant of the Vina.
The fifth like sound of bamboo-flute shrills in thine ear.
It changes next into a trumpet-blast.
The last vibrates like the dull rumbling of a thunder-cloud.
The seventh swallows all the other sounds.
They die, and then are heard no more.

If they continue... then ignorance, greed, and hate are still playing their old sad sorry tunes.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Meditation, serious meditation beyond a "wanting" type of idealization, could save the world.
But, as most mediators known, you mention it to others and the reply is almost always the same:

"Oh, I can't do that."

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Ummm...cool...thanks for this...I usually practice void meditation...(very powerful)

I've also done some OM chanting as well...also very powerful...

I've been wanting a set of Buddha bowls...but an antique set is so darn expensive...I've been thinking about some crystal bowels instead...

I'm going to give this a try...I usually have to quit the meditations after a few minutes because of the intense power...It only takes a second or two for me to enter a deep meditative state...

Thanks again

YouSir

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Going to have to check out void meditation.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

The void is the spiritual black hole one step out who has your eye? ear? nose? tongue? or makes contact?

One can clean every system in the universe of that grey matter, or sit there with their butt in it for all time... each spins round and round on it's own accord filtering whatever magnetic pulses one may attach too.

Positive? Negative? Filter filter filter that's all it does... light does not always follow shadow when the eye is void; in non attachment then the lights of all pervasive space zoom around, a sun or electron zooms by the eye the shadow of the moon zips on through and where sits the ignorance?

If it fell off of one's ass you would know it.

join