It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Johnny Depp reminding me why I despise Hollywood

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Poor Johnny Depp and his financial woes

I feel like I don't even really need to say much, the article kind of speaks for itself. Truth be told I enjoy some of Depp's movies, and I do understand the loathing for the paparazzi, but wow does this guy sound like such a spoiled brat. And then we're supposed to feel bad for them when they hit rock bottom with their drug addictions or relationship problems. You're living in a #ing mansion with your addiction, meanwhile there's ordinary Americans struggling with the same problems, but living in squalor. These celebrities are the bottom rung of our society as far as I'm concerned. I don't get people who hold them up on a pedestal. They're the last people I would idolize or role model.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Poor Johnny Depp and his financial woes

I feel like I don't even really need to say much, the article kind of speaks for itself. Truth be told I enjoy some of Depp's movies, and I do understand the loathing for the paparazzi, but wow does this guy sound like such a spoiled brat. And then we're supposed to feel bad for them when they hit rock bottom with their drug addictions or relationship problems. You're living in a #ing mansion with your addiction, meanwhile there's ordinary Americans struggling with the same problems, but living in squalor. These celebrities are the bottom rung of our society as far as I'm concerned. I don't get people who hold them up on a pedestal. They're the last people I would idolize or role model.

His living expenses are $2 million/month? WTF?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

from the link...$2 million a month on expenses!
Self inflicted largess....

They added the star is to blame for his reported financial woes, pointing out extravagant expenses, including $3 million to shoot writer Hunter S. Thompson’s ashes out of a cannon a dozen years ago, as well as the $2 million he spends monthly on expenses.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
He hasn't done anything decent in a very long time.

He did Edward Scissorhands and then proceeded to play the same damned character over and over again for the next nearly 3 decades.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Idiot.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
But the fact remains, that if any one of us entertained millions of people enough for them to give us say $10 each
and we made bookooo bucks, then we would party like gangstas.

Don't lie

I am not surprised his expenses are that high, with a jet, pilot, fuel, property taxes, toys and his own island in the Bahamas.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I was thinking of starting a thread about my dislike for this person, but you beat me to it.

It's kind of like stating the bleedin' obvious. But it does need to be said.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Your way off base with this johnny depp has made million dollar movies and no longer has debt.This was in 2009 and the email was released by Mandels management company for the law suit. The problem was mismanagement the company is being sued for 25 million . The reason for the suit “This is a fraud and gross malfeasance case where a whistleblower from the Mandels’ own firm described under oath illegal acts she was ordered by Joel Mandel to commit relating to Mr. Depp’s account,”

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

A seemingly little-known gem in there, in my opinion anyway, was The Ninth Gate. I'm not sure it was that good of an acting job but it was still a good movie, and he happens to be in it. It's almost B-movieish but I enjoyed it.

But # are these people spoiled, and then they'll lecture us about how we live. $2M per month.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I'm not sure how any of that changes the context of the thread? I didn't say anything about the lawsuit or who should win it, the article just set me off on how ridiculously over the top these celebrities live. I do appreciate the info though. I mean, the article is dated today. The email was from 2009 but the rest of the article sounds like the lawsuit is current, they just filed the counter-suit in January, or so it sounds like. It's pretty standard for these scumbag management companies to take advantage of these people, but in my opinion you have to be nuts to just trust someone else to manage your millions. Especially as fast as he's going through it.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I don't care if he's in debt or out of it.

The fact is our society idolizes degenerates and aspires to be selfish, immature, irresponsible, and shallow minded individuals.

This has got to change if the human race wants to live in a better world.

The OP may have misconstrued the source information but he/she sure as hell got the right idea about the social dynamics and moral issues underlying it.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I'm not sure how any of that changes the context of the thread? I didn't say anything about the lawsuit or who should win it, the article just set me off on how ridiculously over the top these celebrities live. I do appreciate the info though. I mean, the article is dated today. The email was from 2009 but the rest of the article sounds like the lawsuit is current, they just filed the counter-suit in January, or so it sounds like. It's pretty standard for these scumbag management companies to take advantage of these people, but in my opinion you have to be nuts to just trust someone else to manage your millions. Especially as fast as he's going through it.

Turns out the management company was faking expenses and borrowing his money without pemission and of course stealing it. The information in the email was most likely a lie to make sure he wouldn't miss his money. They were making excuses but in the suit they would claim he didn't have money In his account. But the company withdrew funds only to loan it back to him.
edit on 6/20/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

A seemingly little-known gem in there, in my opinion anyway, was The Ninth Gate. I'm not sure it was that good of an acting job but it was still a good movie, and he happens to be in it. It's almost B-movieish but I enjoyed it.

But # are these people spoiled, and then they'll lecture us about how we live. $2M per month.

I would agree with that. The Ninth Gate was a decent movie. It was a good script and the creep factor was good too.

Other than that...There really isn't much about Depp's career that I find particularly noteworthy.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

All that may be true. But it's not just about the money.

He's the eyeliner guy.

I can't bear to watch him in anything. You can tell he's thinking, "even the men fancy me."

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Blow?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I would agree with that. The Ninth Gate was a decent movie. It was a good script and the creep factor was good too.

Other than that...There really isn't much about Depp's career that I find particularly noteworthy.

Ever seen run diaries? If also add transcendence and if you haven't seen the tourist it's really good.

He's an unusual actor in that he looks for odd movies to make he doesn't want it to be cookie cutter. Apparently he turns down a lot of movies because it has to intrest him creating the character
edit on 6/20/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
His new stuff is unwatchable, but he has had some decent movies back In the day. When I saw Charlie and the chocolate factory I knew he was done.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
His new stuff is unwatchable, but he has had some decent movies back In the day. When I saw Charlie and the chocolate factory I knew he was done.

God yes that sucked but that's his nature he looks for the weird rolls.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
He should call himself "Johnny Debt"

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

He is starting to look like a ghoul. His mind is #ed. His teeth are rotten. (He always wears fake teeth in his movies.) His music sucks, he has made a life in which he cannot be around other people. His weird accent is fake. And..... he ruined the wonka character, the mad hatter, and all pirates forever. I bet his life is already a nightmare. People prob steal from him all the time.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join