It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected suicide bomber shot at Brussels railway station

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Belgian soldiers have shot a man suspected of being a would-be suicide bomber at Brussels Central Station, officials say. He was shot after reportedly setting off a small explosion and no-one else is believed to have been injured. Prosecutors later said the man had died. They are treating the incident as a terrorist attack. In March 2016, 32 people were killed in attacks on Brussels claimed by the Islamic State (IS) group. According to Belgian newspaper La Libre Belgique, quoting prosecutors, the man who was shot was wearing a rucksack and a bomb belt.

Link to Full Story: Suspected suicide bomber shot at Brussels railway station

Disclaimer: Searched and didn't find it posted yet.

Nicolas Van Herrewegen, a railway sorting agent, said he had gone down to the station's mezzanine level when he heard someone shouting. Media captionNicolas Van Herrewegen saw a man with a suicide belt shout "Allahu Akbar" ("God is great" in Arabic) "Then he cried 'Allahu Akbar' and he blew up a wheeled suitcase," he told AFP news agency. "I was behind a wall when it exploded. I went down and alerted my colleagues to evacuate everyone. He [the suspect] was still around but after that we didn't see him." "It wasn't exactly a big explosion but the impact was pretty big," he added. "People were running away."

So, it seems we have another Islamist Terrorist attack in Belgium (no surprise there I guess). How many times must this occur? In this case, it seems the bomb didn't fully explode, bit more likely just was more a firebomb. The attacker did not get a chance to detonate the belt wither, before the authorities shot him dead. I guess it is a good thing he didn't have a deadman switch.

edit on 6/20/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/20/2017 by Krakatoa because: Added photo

edit on 6/20/2017 by Krakatoa because: Removed the "breaking" opening word to appease the whiner.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It's right on the front page. And it's not "Breaking" Click the live tab next time and look at "recent".

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: HappyFisherman
It's right on the front page. And it's not "Breaking" Click the live tab next time and look at "recent".

I searched, saw it listed, clicked on it, and it brought me to the 404 generic page. Perhaps that got fixed by the time I posted it.

No need to be an ass about it.

Mods, rip this down if you feel like it then.

ETA: I just checked the front page (nothing), the recent page (nothing).

Please provide an exact link to the thread, and I will include it here.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Give Krakatoa a break. He's in another time zone.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Good!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

I searched, saw it listed, clicked on it, and it brought me to the 404 generic page. Perhaps that got fixed by the time I posted it.

How was I being a ass? So informing people is now considered being a ass?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

HUH? It still happened over 7 hours ago?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Re-read your post. You gave a snarky answer as if someone as new as you knew more about how to post there than someone that has been around for years.

And, I am still awaiting your direct link to the existing thread, so I can post it here for others to comment on. Posting that in your original reply would have been more helpful.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

And I am 7 hours behind, sir (or madam).

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Re-read your post. You gave a snarky answer as if someone as new as you knew more about how to post there than someone that has been around for years.

And, I am still awaiting your direct link to the existing thread, so I can post it here for others to comment on. Posting that in your original reply would have been more helpful.

I wasnt being "Snarky" Do you see exclamation point or anything like that? Nope.
Here you're link wise one (now that's snarky fella)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Hey Krakatoa, no need to blow your top. . . Get it . . . cuz Krakatoa is a volcano. . . Is this thing on?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

And I am 7 hours behind, sir (or madam).
HUH? 7 hours ago is still seven hours ago?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You should change your name to UnHappyFisherman...

-Chris

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I wasnt being "Snarky" Do you see exclamation point or anything like that? Nope.
Here you're link wise one (now that's snarky fella)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I see, and, FYI, it is in a different forum. ATS does allow parallel stories to be posted in separate forums most times. Especially when one is in the current events forum.

I will leave it up to the mods to decide if they want to 404 this one.

Back on topic:
So, has there been any new developments since this story broke? I have not seen much, but then, I am not infallible.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

-Chris
Look I was just informing the guy not beating on him or anything? Jeeze Lighten up.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I see you took the "Breaking" out of the OP. lol

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

-Chris
Look I was just informing the guy not beating on him or anything? Jeeze Lighten up.

Do you have any additional new information on this story to post? I ask because I have not heard it, and it seems you might know more than I on this one.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

I see you took the "Breaking" out of the OP. lol

And, did you also see I added the reason in the edit tagline at the bottom?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

-Chris

Clearly you are super happy...
My mistake..

-Chris

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

-Chris

Do you have any additional new information on this story to post? I ask because I have not heard it, and it seems you might know more than I on this one.

There really was not much to this story. The bomber was thwarted and there was a small fire. No mass deaths or injuries. Thank god huh?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join