It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Otto Warmbier Should Have Been Brought Home That Same Day

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Grambler

But classy of you to blame this kid for his own death!

So just who else is responsible? If the idiot hadn't committed the crime then he wouldn't have gotten locked up. It's funny how you people scream personal responsibility until it's time for a person to be held responsible then it's somebody elses fault.

Um how about the people that killed him the North Koreans?

Are you people serious?

Yep, Ottos and his family need to take personal responsibility. He deserved his death because he supposedly took that poster.

Please keep posting, you are doing a good job.

Otto KNOWINGLY visited a hostile nation that is a bat# insane dictatorship and the KNOWINGLY commited theft in a country KNOWN for its brutal punishments.

Otto is responsible for his own stupid actions.

Its like punching a tiger in the face and then complaining it bit your head off!

edit on 21-6-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Does it really surprise anyone how far the deranged Leftists have sunk with a thread like this?
Anything to stay relevant by beating on Trump for everything.
The sun is shining, its Trump's fault.
It's raining, its Trump's fault.
One thing is Trump's fault for sure.....theantediluvian is hyperventilating again.
It really makes my day to see him post another Trump bashing meltdown.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Does it really surprise anyone how far the deranged Leftists have sunk with a thread like this?
Anything to stay relevant by beating on Trump for everything.
The sun is shining, its Trump's fault.
It's raining, its Trump's fault.
One thing is Trump's fault for sure.....theantediluvian is hyperventilating again.
It really makes my day to see him post another Trump bashing meltdown.

Why is everything left or right in your dumb American binary brains?

I am far from a leftist. I beleive in PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

That means is someone KNOWINGLY and WILLINGLY visits a hotsile country with a brutal reguim then they are resposnibile for there actions while there.

There are many many many good reasons for military action against North Korea.......revenge over a idiot is not one.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

So just who else is responsible? If the idiot hadn't committed the crime then he wouldn't have gotten locked up. It's funny how you people scream personal responsibility until it's time for a person to be held responsible then it's somebody elses fault.

Are you people serious?

Yep, Ottos and his family need to take personal responsibility. He deserved his death because he supposedly took that poster.

Otto KNOWINGLY visited a hostile nation that is a bat# insane dictatorship and the KNOWINGLY commited theft in a country KNOWN for its brutal punishments.

Its like punching a tiger in the face and then complaining it bit your head off!

So you put no responsibility on the North Koreans. This kid came into their country, and allegedly stole a poster, so he deserved to die.

Geez, for someone harping on personal responsibility, the fact that you absolve the actual killers of any responsibility is laughable.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Nobody is saying that. But, this thread isn't about what Otto Warmbier did or didn't do that was wrong. It's about Trump's claim that Obama should have been able to bring him home DAY ONE! It's about Trump's braggadocious hypocrisy, blaming Obama for Warmbier's continued detention, while Obama brought home 8 Americans detained in NK, but Trump has only brought home 1 comatose detainee, thanks to Swedish humanitarians who alerted the US as to Warmbier's condition, with 2 more sitting in a NK prison!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Are you people serious?

So you put no responsibility on the North Koreans. This kid came into their country, and allegedly stole a poster, so he deserved to die.

Geez, for someone harping on personal responsibility, the fact that you absolve the actual killers of any responsibility is laughable.

Those are the laws of that country.

You visit a country and you are subject to the laws AND punishments of that country.
Whether I agree with the punsihment is irrelevent, its there country and so there rules.
US constitution and US law does not apply outside your borders.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Moral of the Story?

# GOING TO NK!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Nobody is saying that. But, this thread isn't about what Otto Warmbier did or didn't do that was wrong. It's about Trump's claim that Obama should have been able to bring him home DAY ONE! It's about Trump's braggadocious hypocrisy, blaming Obama for Warmbier's continued detention, while Obama brought home 8 Americans detained in NK, but Trump has only brought home 1 comatose detainee, thanks to Swedish humanitarians who alerted the US as to Warmbier's condition, with 2 more sitting in a NK prison!

That is what Crazywok is saying. See the post below yours.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Yes and I proudly stand by my stance.

You visit another country and you are subject to its laws and punishments.

Its no secret that North Korea is a brutal tyranical reguim that hates the USA.

Otto only had himself to blame.

If you stick your finger in a electric socket and die should your family be able to blame the electric company?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Yes and I proudly stand by my stance.

You visit another country and you are subject to its laws and punishments.

Its no secret that North Korea is a brutal tyranical reguim that hates the USA.

Otto only had himself to blame.

If you stick your finger in a electric socket and die should your family be able to blame the electric company?

If the electric company intentionally sought to set up the socket to kill me, yes.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

If you REALLY want to send 75% of ATS into a TIZZY FIT use the words "personal responsiblity".

Why? Because...EVERYONE is supposed to practice that EXCEPT that 75% that CLAIM to value it. It's disgustingly ironic how that's become NORMAL.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

REMEMBER Michael Fay that was CANED in Thailand for "spitting" years ago???

AMERICANS that go abroad have a personal responsiblity to be EDUCATED on the local LAWS and to conduct themselves in a MANNER that represents the USA.

Was the N. Korea punishment INSANE?

Absolutely.

And now we are HERE.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Are you people serious?

The tour guide people who arranged his holiday (they are a Chinese company) used to take the guests in a tour of the "private suite" of the hotel as a dare. It was a floor which was being used as offices by staff from the ruling party. He stole one of the wall posters from this suite. That would be like someone from China being taken to a private wing of a hotel in the USA used for investigations and then picking up some CIA/FBI documents as a memento.

It's the fault of both Otto for choosing to visit North Korea and the tour guide people for doing this.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

That would explain the story that he was "bribed" to take the poster, offered a $10K used car to accomplish the deed. According to the story, he was promised his mother would receive $200K if he got caught!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

a reply to: stormcell

That would explain the story that he was "bribed" to take the poster, offered a $10K used car to accomplish the deed. According to the story, he was promised his mother would receive $200K if he got caught!

Then he is a guilble idiot too.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I hestitate to even get into the muck that this thread turned to. I'm not going to blame a dead college kid for the disgusting North Korean government's actions. It doesn't matter to me if he pulled the poster from the wall.

Should he have been there? No. Nobody with the possible exception of a Chinese national should be travelling to North Korea. Period. Should he have pulled the poster from the wall? No. But does that mean that he deserved the treatment that he received from the North Koreans? Hell no.

Is it something we should launch a military strike over? Hell no again. But let's not forget who the bad guys are here.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I hestitate to even get into the muck that this thread turned to. I'm not going to blame a dead college kid for the disgusting North Korean government's actions. It doesn't matter to me if he pulled the poster from the wall.

Should he have been there? No. Nobody with the possible exception of a Chinese national should be travelling to North Korea. Period. Should he have pulled the poster from the wall? No. But does that mean that he deserved the treatment that he received from the North Koreans? Hell no.

Is it something we should launch a military strike over? Hell no again. But let's not forget who the bad guys are here.

Agree 100%.

And I will concede I don't like Trump politicizing this. I hate when politicians bring up widows or gold star families or any other group like that. It all appeals to the emotion instead of logic. And it certianly shouldn't be used to start a serious escalation.

Whatever the US policy to NK becomes, this should only be a very small reason for any decision (and certainly not a war).

But I understand that is how the game is played, even though I don't like it.

Furthermore, I even understand people on here saying Otto has some blame, I will by that.

But to act like North Korea doesn't have any blame at all is unbelievable, and a head scratcher.

Oh well, to each their own.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Two things here.
Not enough was done for Otto, and Trump says stupid stuff.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
On mobile so I can't link.

But to all of those on this thread that were taking North Korea at their word, they came out today and said Obama never asked for Otto back.

So i assume you still believe the Koreans and now blame Obama.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Yes and no.

I believe that Obama didn't ask for him back because even the POTUS can't interfere with another countries legal process. His admin may have asked for a reduced sentence or something like that but not for him to just be released.

It's semantics, isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join