It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Otto Warmbier Should Have Been Brought Home That Same Day

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Who was kidnapped?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

That's it? Lmao. I'm glad you think you know me so well. I look at your avatar and your username and I draw a blank. You don't even warrant being remembered. I couldn't possibly care less about you or your opinions.

So, did you get it all out of your system or do you need to screech some more?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I look at your avatar and your username and I draw a blank. You don't even warrant being remembered.

Savage

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The fact is Obama admin told Ottos family to stay quiet and they would take care of it.

Yeah, and? That's sound advice. The more hype about these situations there is the more of a political pawn Otto Warmbier would become and the more danger he would be in. Mr and Mrs Warmbier must have been devastated, but I doubt their expertise in diplomacy and negotiation are quite lacking compared to the State Department.

edit on 20-6-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

See?

Sorry, but since last summer, you've shown that your a very biased political hack, who will use any, and everything that he can to try and score points.

Including a family's personal tragedy.

That is the lowest of the low.

I don't really care if anyone here remembers me. That would be better than being remembered as someone who will stoop this low to try and make political points.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I don't even know what you're supposed to be replying to. I didn't offer any opinion of what the Trump administration could have done differently.

Perhaps instead of trying to hold my feet to the fire for something I didn't say, you could apply reasonable standards and wonder what exactly the President is implying that his administration would have done differently than Obama's to get Otto Warmbier home?

Maybe question why he says stupid things like, "he should have been brought home on day one" — implying that he somehow could have made that happen — when there are two Americans detained since he's been in office who are still being held by NK?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

-Chris

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The fact is Obama admin told Ottos family to stay quiet and they would take care of it.

Yeah, and? That's sound advice. The more hype about these situations there is the more of a political pawn Otto Warmbier would become and the more danger he would be in. Mr and Mrs Warmbier must have been devastated, but I doubt their expertise in diplomacy and negotiation are quite lacking compared to the State Department.

True. Their son could have died had they not taken Obamas advice.

Oh wait...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Grambler,

You are one of my favorite posters on ATS...

The atlanteans posts always reminds me of this old axiom...

-Chris

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Dear Atlantean,

Do less...

Sincerely,
Everyone

Don't you have some quotes to take out of context? I'm sure whateverhernameis with the goofy dinosaur avatar will be by to blather some feigned outrage at you.
edit on 2017-6-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

So, their silence got their son killed? Is that what you're saying?

The Obama Adminstration's State Department issued a warning to Americans, urging them NOT TO GO TO NK because their laws were written to detain Americans. Mr Warmbeir ignored those warnings and got caught on video stealing a poster.

Have you ever seen "Locked up Abroad"?

This isn't the Obama Adminstrations fault. But they did try to use their leverage to get him home, as Obama signed an EO sanctioning NK even more than they already were being sanctioned by the US on the day Otto Warmbier was sentenced. It's not like Obama did nothing. And, as was pointed out in the OP, Obama got 8 imprisoned Americans, all but 2 of 10, home alive.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

So, their silence got their son killed? Is that what you're saying?

The Obama Adminstration's State Department issued a warning to Americans, urging them NOT TO GO TO NK because their laws were written to detain Americans. Mr Warmbeir ignored those warnings and got caught on video stealing a poster.

Have you ever seen "Locked up Abroad"? "Locked up Abroad"?

This isn't the Obama Adminstrations fault. But they did try to use their leverage to get him home, as Obama signed an EO sanctioning NK even more than they already were being sanctioned by the US on the day Otto Warmbier was sentenced. It's not like Obama did nothing. And, as was pointed out in the OP, Obama got 8 imprisoned Americans, all but 2 of 10, home alive.

Are you a NK official, because you are parroting their propaganda.

How do you know that he stole a poster? Can you post the video? Both he and his father claimed he didn't, yet you somehow know this?

I am just reporting what Otto's dad said.

But classy of you to blame this kid for his own death!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Fascinating stuff there. Really. Just super. If you're looking for a fan club application, check with Christosterone.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: seaswine

What did you expect the administration to do stand up and give us a power point on their plan of action?

No, of course not. I'm just saying that if you're going to talk trash on someone not doing something, and you are now in a position to do something.... you better do something! or you risk looking silly.

For all we know, there may be a team on their way to free the prisoners. I hope there is. My point is if there ISNT, Trump shouldn't have spoken the way he did about Obama's handling of the situation.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

North Korea releases video of moment US student ‘stole propaganda poster’

How do you know that he stole a poster? Can you post the video? Both he and his father claimed he didn't, yet you somehow know this?

How does his dad know? Was he there? Nope.

U.S. student apologizes for ‘severe crimes’ in North Korea

“I have made the worst mistake of my life,” a sobbing Warmbier said Monday.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

North Korea releases video of moment US student ‘stole propaganda poster’

How does his dad know? Was he there? Nope.

U.S. student apologizes for ‘severe crimes’ in North Korea

“I have made the worst mistake of my life,” a sobbing Warmbier said Monday.

Well I can't tell anything from that video.

And as if that confession means anything. Like they have a fair court system.

Your right, his dad swouldn't know, he wasn't there.

But apparently you were, seeing as how you know.

But please, keep telling us how this kid is to blame for his own death, its making you look real cool.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

So just who else is responsible? If the idiot hadn't committed the crime then he wouldn't have gotten locked up. It's funny how you people scream personal responsibility until it's time for a person to be held responsible then it's somebody elses fault.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Under the Obama administration, ten Americans were brought home and aside from Warmbier, only Kim Dong Chul, detained since October 15th, 2016, remained when Obama left office.

It was actually nine, not ten.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

So just who else is responsible? If the idiot hadn't committed the crime then he wouldn't have gotten locked up. It's funny how you people scream personal responsibility until it's time for a person to be held responsible then it's somebody elses fault.

Um how about the people that killed him the North Koreans?

Are you people serious?

Yep, Ottos and his family need to take personal responsibility. He deserved his death because he supposedly took that poster.

Please keep posting, you are doing a good job.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Can you please cite a source confirming that Otto Warmbier denied taking the poster?

Warmbier was tried and convicted for the theft of the propaganda banner from a restricted area of the hotel. His trial included his confession, CCTV footage, fingerprint evidence, and witness testimony.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join