It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Skittles

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Skittles (TM) had hoped to celebrate LGBT Pride Month by producing white Skittles (it's complicated to explain their brilliant rationale...but they thought it was a pretty hip idea)...and, yet, as we see far too often in these troubled times: 'No good deed goes unpunished'.

Blatantly pander to one group...and another will feel slighted.

So...instead of the anticipated flurry of compliments, good vibes, "atta boys" and massive sales from the LGBT Skittle-gulping community...Skittles was (you guessed it) deemed 'Racist'.

The offending candies have since been pulled off the shelves in most countries...and they've been forced to undergo diversity training.

Currently, convoys of trucks filled with the racist, white-supremacist Skittles are en route to a re-education camp somewhere outside of Hershey, Pennsylvania.

Skittles Accused Of White Supremacy

An attempt by Skittles to celebrate LGBT Pride Month has been met with backlash from various left-leaning activists on social media.

The candy manufacturer removed the iconic rainbow colors from its product in a tribute to Pride Month. The company stated, “During Pride, only one rainbow matters. So we’ve given up ours to show support.” A portion of the profits from each bag will go to LGBT charities.

The decision was met with backlash by those who felt that the move was racist and reminiscent of white supremacy. Jezebel’s Whitney Kimball wrote an article entitled, “It Is Agreed That White Skittles Were A Bad Choice For Pride Month.” TIME Magazine also wrote that critics had felt “the new direction was inadvertently tone-deaf, rather than supportive of LGBTQ people.”

Many critics expressed outrage on Twitter, claiming that it is “racist” to sell white Skittles.

This is not the first year that Skittles has released monochromatic candy during Pride Month — they did the same thing in 2016, but did not face the same amount of backlash.

Skittles removed all mention of white candies from its social media accounts. The offending candies are now only in stores in the United Kingdom, although customers in North America can buy the white candies on Amazon. The switch to white began in March and will conclude in September.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
All the colors of the rainbow = white, duh.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

They are even bald...like someone shaved their heads!

Deplorable.

I expect M&M's to capitalize.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Can we put all these crybabies on some remote Island in the South Pacific and torpedo it?

They never stop looking for # to cry about. Eat your damn skittles and STFU or, go have a salad. Better for you anyway.

Before you know it burritos will be labelled racist because the tortillas are white. Racist Mexicans promoting whitey!

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
TASTE THE RACISM!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

WTF were they thinking switching taste the rainbow to all white, and that would somehow stoke the SJW's?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Skittles has just eliminated terrorism effectively!

link   

So what does a Wehrmacht White Skittle taste like?

link   

Make 'em all brown--because that's the color of all this PC and SJW sheet!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Remember now, you guys started this , I didn't.

" Black is beautiful
And Tan is grand
But white be the color
Of the big boss man
But what they all don't know
And is really true
They all get their paycheck
From a New York Jew "

Buck

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The extremist progressive elements are tearing themselves apart. Attacking everyone and everything that doesn't conform 200% with what it is the correct thing to think - which incidentially changes on a weekly basis.

I would find it comical if they didn't have such disproportionate power and influence.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Burning

link   

It tastes just like a mouthful of 'Springtime For Hitler'.

link   

You know, I think it would be a good marketing recovery if Hershey, once they got all these highly offensive candies returned, to remarket their Reese's Pieces as being eaten by an illegal alien instead of that ugly mofo from the movie.

Might make people feel more inclusive.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Racist white liberal tears.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

From your source:

This is not the first year that Skittles has released monochromatic candy during Pride Month — they did the same thing in 2016, but did not face the same amount of backlash.

So what's the problem? I mean seriously.

America is getting really tired of everything being racist. The people who are constantly pushing this racist narrative are actually doing a disservice to the collective movement to end racism. The more they use this defense (or allegation I should say), it well eventually be reduced to a meaningless accusation, making it easier for the real racists to proliferate.

Now that I've got that out of the way, I'm going to eBay to find me a bag of these neo nazi skittles.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Now that I've got that out of the way, I'm going to eBay to find me a bag of these neo nazi skittles.

If you see a guy on there bidding on an SS Obergruppenführer hat it isn't me, even if it looks like me.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Never thought I'd see the day a skittle tries to make a political statement...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

If you see a guy on there bidding on an SS Obergruppenführer hat it isn't me, even if it looks like me.

Damn.
If I knew you were interested in it, I would've sold it to you directly.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Breaking News: Nestle is launching an ad campaign with James Alefantis promoting their Baby Ruth bar.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join