It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicene Creed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I don't think that is the case.

It is more authoritative, proven by the fact that it contradicts but is more Fundamental to Christianity than the Bible that refutes said creed.

I don't see why you would say that, it is like saying they don't think it trumps the Bible but that is because they don't know that it even does.

What faith is being affirmed?

Not the faith of Jesus pbuh.

Faith in men is the only reason to accept trinity which even Paul is innocent of teaching.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

And if you think that it wasn't meant to be the foundation of the RCC that is factually incorrect as it doesn't agree with the book but trumps it.

It's more an affirmation of faith IN MAN'S INNOVATIONS.

And definitely authoritative in all reality.

Proven BY it's real authority really trumping real Bible teachings of Jesus pbuh.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Disturbinatti

faith in what their pastors have been taught...

I don't see why you would say that, it is like saying they don't think it trumps the Bible but that is because they don't know that it even does.

Because i've been there lol

the creed is based on the bible, but some elements don't fit

said book is authority to any Christian... even if they've never read it

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

faith in what their pastors have been taught...

Because i've been there lol

the creed is based on the bible, but some elements don't fit

said book is authority to any Christian... even if they've never read it

Yeah that's what I pretty much said. We must have been typing at the same time but that its authority is greater than Jesus' is proven in the fact that most Christians believe in the Trinity.

Despite him denying it.

That's because they don't take the day it takes to read the New Testament in their whole life, usually.
edit on 21-6-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

They don't need to read it though... they have faith alone

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dffrntkndfnml
a reply to: WeLovePutin

Don't let this thread discourage you,

Someone loves Putin, wow...

But to you:

I don't wish to upset anyone or discourage them, quite the opposite if I make a point and that point is true, which I have, why should it discourage anyone even if previously they were unaware?

I have never been sad at learning the truth without later being glad, at least, that I know now however painful it is, what is true is true and I know it now.

The alternative is literal ignorance of the facts.

Make no mistake what I say about the Nicene Creed in this thread is fact and the whole op and thread everything I have said is fact truthfully is fact.

I just don't understand why anyone would be discouraged by the truth unless they were being lied to about something.

there are many expressions of faith. Studying the Good News and a sincere desire for a personal relationship with God is all you need to start to grow spiritually. Jesus told us to pray the Our Father.

The Nicene Creed is a statement of faith, there are a wide variety of Churches that fall under the umbrella of Christianity. Religion should be a life preserver, not a straight jacket.

I'd like to see sources for what the op is saying.

When someone attempts to take something away, it would be wise to look at what they are trying to replace it with.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti
I was just a moment ago wondering why it is that the Nicene Creed is more authoritative than the New Testament as it has remained the majority of Christians belief since the Council of Nicea, a mysterious Council indeed.

Imo, this is false, and the idea contradicts Jesus giving everything in his hopes for us.

Then the op questions a statement of faith, bring it up as conspiracy to prevent worshipping God alone with all your heart, and illegal to do so.Next Satan is brought up as being behind this.

It's disappointing because it appears the false premise is being advanced as a ploy to seed doubts in the minds of the faithful.

The Jesus I know hopes everyone can have a personal relationship with God, without anyone standing in the way.

The irony of the thread caught me off guard.
edit on 21-6-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: Grammer

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

It is your opinion but not anything I said was false so what good is that opinion?

I actually proved Jesus pbuh taught the unity of God and his own inferiority using his words.

You are saying Jesus pbuh is speaking falsehoods as I just quoted him.

It's getting repetitive but:

"The Lord(YHVH) OUR God...."

You understand this means he has a God (pbuh) right? Our God.

By logical extension can't also be especially since:

"...is ONE God worship HIM WITH ALL YOUR HEART..."

You can't reconcile that with the Creed, I am sorry to inform you but logic, reason and Jesus (pbuh) prove you wrong.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

The false part for me is that a statement of faith has more authority then the message of the Good News.

That is the error I'm trying to point out to you in your op, and the reason I addressed WeLovePutin.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

It does have more authority.

It contradicts Jesus (pbuh).

And is standard doctrine.

What's false about that?

If it contradicts Jesus pbuh (like Paul) it should be thrown out.

It is not and that is proof of higher authority than his (pbuh) actual teachings.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

So tell me again what I said that was false because you have said it without ever supporting it and if you can't you should retract or realize you are speaking falsehoods and deal with that .

Call a person a liar bring proof or don't do it.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

You're saying it has more authority, yet I've never encountered this idea from anyone else.

I get the impression the reason you are saying this is because it contradicts the image you hold of Jesus..

Fyi:If I thought you were a liar, I would call you one.I feel you try to express yourself sincerely around our community.

edit on 21-6-2017 by dffrntkndfnml because: Fyi

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Matthew 7:21 NRSV

Concerning Self Deception

21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'lord, lord,' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only the one who does THE WILL OF MY FATHER in Heaven...."

Some believe "lord" is equal to "God" in Biblical context, it is deception as YHVH is translated Lord for this purpose exactly. This is self deception only if you know.

22. "...On that day many will say to me, lord, lord, did we not prophecy IN YOUR NAME, and do many deeds of power in your NAME?

It's one thing to do something in the Spirit of Christ, pbuh.

Another to in his NAME. Hashem is a Jewish word for God meaning "The Name/Shem."

Men of renown actually translates from "Men of Hashem", David, the Nephilim, Israelites are described using this term that means also "renown, glory."

Jesus pbuh wants the glory to be the ''Father", Our Father's. Not his.

23. "...Then I will declare to them, I never knew you, go away from me you evil doers."

What makes this self deception is it's in the Bible and totally ignored.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I believe you asking me what I am saying when I stated it clearly is rather futile no?

You are welcome to try and prove me wrong but questions need to have a point and your's really don't.

You are basically just at a point you know you are wrong but struggling to be man enough to admit it because you opened your mouth to call me dishonest but can't support it.

Because I know I have nothing to fear from the truth I am not concerned with your statement but I would check yourself next time you call someone​something without knowing it for a fact

Especially since you are provably wrong.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Disturbinatti

I believe you asking me what I am saying when I stated it clearly is rather futile no?

You are welcome to try and prove me wrong but questions need to have a point and your's really don't.

You are basically just at a point you know you are wrong but struggling to be man enough to admit it because you opened your mouth to call me dishonest but can't support it.

Because I know I have nothing to fear from the truth I am not concerned with your statement but I would check yourself next time you call someone​something without knowing it for a fact

Especially since you are provably wrong.

Ok here is how it works
I am going to make a statement, like you did

Muhamad was a paedophile
That's the statement
Or Mahamad was a homosexual

Now prove it wrong

Or should the onus be on me to prove my statements to a point where it demand a response
Right now my statements have no intrinsic value, I need to show evidence to be proven or not by those who disagree

Now Muhamad was a child molester, check out Wikipedia

You say the Trinity is wrong, at least justify your statement with something other than Gnosticism and poor understanding of Christian text, or buddying up to Akragon as if that proves your point

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1
a reply to: infolurker

Why did Jesus appeal to God then when on the cross? Why have you forsaken me?

If they were the same entity why the need to appeal?

Just asking...

Because Jesus is not identical to the Father. He is inspired by the Father. He acts according to his Father's will. But, he is not his own Father. God had to forsake Jesus, temporarily, in order to let the people watching know, there was a power higher than that one sitting on the cross whom they could see, an invisible power which they could not see, that was the real force behind all Jesus' miracles.

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: -- John 5:19

The jews wanted to punish Jesus for healing on the sabbath. But, Jesus pointed out that he himself can only do what the Father allows him to do, and all this healing power being demonstrated was all the Father's work, he Jesus had no such power on his own.

Remember, everything in the universe is created by the same one creator God. That's the doctrine of the church. Jesus, as "obedient son" simply comes to leave a message for humanity that they should pay attention to. But, God doesn't want to confuse people, into thinking that Jesus himself is the creator of the all. So, God has to show the people, both the "miraculous works" and the "weakling human" side of his messenger.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

a reply to: infolurker

Just asking...

Because when he was on the cross he took on all our sin and God the Father could not look on Him until after the sins were paid for (His death then resurrection).

peace

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

That's ONE version.

Excellent point.

Just asking...

Because when he was on the cross he took on all our sin and God the Father could not look on Him until after the sins were paid for (His death then resurrection).

peace

Quote me the verse that states this.

Terrible reply that doesn't even address the issue proposed by the question which prompted it.

At all.

He was addressing God because God is God and Jesus pbuh is the Messiah.

Not "God the son."

God is ONE.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

You have no comprehension of Judaism at all

The Jews killed Christ because He called God His Father.
You have nil comprehension of what that implied
Stumbling through scripture like a child

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: AMPTAH

You have no comprehension of Judaism at all

The Jews killed Christ because He called God His Father.
You have nil comprehension of what that implied
Stumbling through scripture like a child

No offense but you are really arrogant to suggest anyone has a lack of understanding worse than your's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join