It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Caught Faking News Again: Qatar Says News Agency Hacking Linked To Middle East, Not Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

And while that may sound like a joke, it is, quite unfortunately, not...at least it wasn't at CNN anyway. Here are the details, as they were previously reported by CNN:

"The FBI recently sent a team of investigators to Doha to help the Qatari government investigate the alleged hacking incident, Qatari and US government officials say.

Intelligence gathered by the US security agencies indicates that Russian hackers were behind the intrusion first reported by the Qatari government two weeks ago, US officials say. Qatar hosts one of the largest US military bases in the region.

The alleged involvement of Russian hackers intensifies concerns by US intelligence and law enforcement agencies that Russia continues to try some of the same cyber-hacking measures on US allies that intelligence agencies believe it used to meddle in the 2016 elections.

The Russian goal appears to be to cause rifts among the US and its allies. In recent months, suspected Russian cyber activities, including the use of fake news stories, have turned up amid elections in France, Germany and other countries."

As it turns out, it's somewhat ironic that CNN accused Russia of spreading "fake news stories" that "have turned up amid elections in France, Germany and other countries" because, as Reuters reports today, their entire Qatari hacking narrative was all fake news.

According to reports from Qatar's attorney general, it was an Arab neighbor state that severed ties with Doha (i.e. Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain and/or the United Arab Emirates) that was responsible for the hacking of Qatar's state news agency and not the Russians.

"Qatar's attorney general said on Tuesday his country has evidence that the hacking of Qatar's state news agency was linked to countries that have severed ties with Doha.

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates cut their ties with Doha earlier this month over comments alleged to have been made by the Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani and posted briefly on the Qatar News Agency's website on May 23 which Doha said had been hacked.

"Qatar has evidence that certain iPhones originating from countries laying siege to Qatar were used in the hack," the Qatari Attorney General Ali Bin Fetais al-Marri told reporters in Doha."

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Oh NO! Not Again!

I wonder why CNN would rush to judge and blame Russia for hacks around the world?

Its not like they are pushing an agenda or anything. /sarc

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

S.S.D.D

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I don't think CNN even gives a damn if their stories are true anymore.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I still can not believe that some people do not understand that CNN is an instrument of the deep state, they have been instrumental in selling war at every single opportunity.

The best part about the Trump administration is that the MSM has been exposed for the fake news peddling monstrosities they are.

edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago06America/Chicago630pmTuesday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

CNN Caught Faking News Again

Well....that's certainly a surprise, huh? I wonder...do they even care if their stories are true? Does their audience?
I think we all know the answer to that. : "As long as it makes Trump look bad, who cares, right?"

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Intelligence gathered by the US security agencies indicates that Russian hackers were behind the intrusion first reported by the Qatari government two weeks ago, US officials say. Qatar hosts one of the largest US military bases in the region.

It appears that the US is trying to use many methods to paint Russia in a bad light. The US has become a rogue Nation totally out of control.

www.globalresearch.ca...

In response to the US-led coalition downing of a Syrian Su-22 warplane in its own airspace, a lawless aggressive act, Russia’s Defense Ministry issued the following statement:

“As of June 19 this year, the Defense Ministry of the Russian Federation has ended its interaction with the US side under a memorandum for preventing incidents and providing for safe flights during operations in Syria, and demands that the US command carry out a careful investigation and report about its results and the measures taken.”

“The shooting down of a Syrian Air Force jet in Syria’s airspace is a cynical violation of Syria’s sovereignty. The US’ repeated combat operations under the guise of ‘combating terrorism’ against the legitimate armed forces of a UN member-state are a flagrant violation of international law, in addition to being actual military aggression against the Syrian Arab Republic.”

Strong stuff, badly needed, the ministry adding: “Any aircraft, including planes and drones of the international coalition, detected in the operation areas west of the Euphrates River by the Russian air forces will be followed by Russian ground-based air defense and air defense aircraft as air targets. -

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Excellent find Grambler.

I see no reason as to why the President should not open an investigation as to why a news source is spreading, potentially a global war? We all see it. Would not an investigation into ALL of our, so called, news sources for trying to influence an election using deceit and lies, be must right now? Our government believe it is wrong for someone else to do it. Why not the corporations in this nation also held to those same standards? How many citizens does it take to call for an investigation into the corruption of society by nefarious networks who only seek to have war for their personal gain, on American Soil? Surely that should be a reason.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This mock tweet below is doing the rounds at the moment, as it beautifully articulates the level of fakeness and level of blind devotion to the fake news propaganda, it's beautiful in it's simplicity.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

It appears that the US is trying to use many methods to paint Russia in a bad light. The US has become a rogue Nation totally out of control.

Yeah, one airplane is totally out of control. Have you looked around this nation? Have to seen what is happening? Now that is totally out of control.

What you just posted is called flexing our muscle.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
CNN is a terrorist organization. Instead of explosives, CNN uses words to bring destruction. A slower process, but potentially more deadly.

CNN should be shut down in America. Maybe another country will welcome this terrorist organization.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Here's that double standard.

ZH = expected to push agenda and nobody cares if they're wrong, because it's "just ZH."
CNN = expected to have 0 bias and never make mistakes.

It's not just ZH or CNN, it's pretty much the case across the board. It's also a double standard that President Trump enjoys the benefits of. CNN has broken how many more stories that have been confirmed than not? Is anyone keeping score here?

Say CNN "caught faking" and it's a spontaneous Trump rally. Say the President of the United States was "caught faking" and it's crickets. Why is that? Does the President have less of an obligation to be honest and accurate to the American people than CNN? Is the oath of office of the POTUS somehow less meaningful than any a journalist might swear?

Rants aside, if the CNN reporting was inaccurate, then they should own up to it. If it wasn't, they should explain why it wasn't. To say that they were "caught faking news again" is horribly loaded speech implying something that is not substantiated by the statements of the Qatari AG to Reuters.

* The cited "US Officials" could have been mistaken. They could been lying.
* They could be right, the *FBI* may have a different interpretation of the evidence.
* There could have been evidence pointing toward Russia initially that has since been discounted.
* The Qatari AG might have issued his statement for political reasons or as part of a ploy.

Any of these things could be true and aren't exactly far-fetched. Then again, the CNN reporter could have made the whole thing up because CNN is part of a massive conspiracy including the DNC, the "deep state," Hillary Clinton, Bezos, Amazon, the CIA, WaPo, NYT and the rest of the "liberal media," "globalists," the Vatican, the EU, the UN, George Soros and the millions of protesters unskeptical Trump supporters allege he funds.

Somehow the latter is where supporters will jump immediately.

What's worse, it immediately goes from there to being what? Proof that despite what most of the federal government — except the President — is saying, despite all the evidence publically available, that the Russians didn't meddle in the election.

Hopefully CNN will address the disparity. You could always hit up the authors on social media. Depending on how you do it, sometimes they respond, praticularly if they're not getting inundated by trolls at the time.

EDIT:

Actually, I'll give it a whirl since I actually linked the article in question in a thread.
edit on 2017-6-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I had posted about this in a prior thread. Give me one moment while I look it up.

edit:

Taken from this thread:

RT Anchor: This so called 'fake news' story. Qatar is saying that the comment supposedly by the amir(sp?), the comments are fake, and that it was hacked, and that this hacked story was sent out. The thing is though, we've seen this huge diplomatic spat erupt in the region. The entire rest of the middle east, or certainly most of them, seem to be taking this story seriously. Qatar says it's a fake news story [and] that the comments are not true. Where does the truth lie in this?

Wow, even in the middle east you can play the fake news card. Qatar is just in denial. They had to be watching during our election when Wikileaks released Hillary''s emails. They had to know that people were paying attention to the emails and they had to know this would be inevitable.

So with no one else to blame for their actions and without being willing to take their own accountability into consideration, Qatar blames fake news.

That's pretty funny.

edit on 6/20/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Just accept CNN sucks, no need that wall of text moisturized with tears.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Cool story.

I hit up Evan Perez, Shimon Prokupecz and the Ms. Ilyushina. I'll let you know if I get a response.
edit on 2017-6-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I dont have social media of any kind, only ATS.

If you are comparing main streaml media outlets to zerohedge, you are already behind the 8 ball.

Does zerohedge have a spot at white house press briefings? Does zerohedge have a 24/7 television network that is considered by many to be the standard for cable news?

What next, are we gonna start comparing main stream outlets to Weekly world news? Id put Batboy stories over Trump ice cream scoop stories I guess.

And don't pretend threads about Trumps lies don't have their own audiences. You know darn well they do.

Look on the other thread we were discussing how we the people can't even view the last presidents documents for five years, so all we have to go own is the media.

When the MSM attacks trump 95% of the time, and we find out again and again and again that these anonymous sourced stories are wrong, what are we to believe?

Does it not disturbed you in the least bit that there are a lot of people and groups, inclduing CNN, that are doing everything possible to push us into a conflict with Russia?
edit on 20-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Trueman

Cool story.

I hit up Evan Perez, Shimon Prokupecz and the Ms. Ilyushina. I'll let you know if I get a response.

Good deal I would be interested to hear what they say.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

All I take from this story is that Russia is so good at hacking they can frame others.

top topics

join