It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artpark mainstage evacuated by State Parks Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

New York State Parks Police Tuesday confirmed that the Artpark Mainstage Theater in the Village of Lewiston was evacuated after a bomb-sniffing dog smelled bomb-making ingredients on the theater grounds.

Artpark mainstage evacuated by State Parks Police

Well, I wonder if this is now the standard operating procedure for large concerts in the United States...bomb sniffing dogs. Better safe than sorry.

"We all got let in about 5 p.m. We were seated. Friends went up to front of stage. At about 5:30 p.m., they brought a bomb dog in. It sniffed something out in one of the speakers. The police brought in second dog. They evacuated everyone out of that area. We were forced to the back of Artpark and they are not letting any more people in," Reidler said. "The dogs hit on the speaker, a lower speaker on the stage. The speakers are about 5 foot by 3 foot," he added. "We were all evacuated out of that area. They brought in state police and they kept moving us back further and further."

buffalonews.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I live in Lewiston, thanks for posting this as I had not heard of this yet.

I will have to check it out.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ramadan over yet?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Maybe flash pot residue was on the speaker enclosure form a previous concert. I know that flash power can leave some residue.

As for being on only one speaker, very often sound systems can be mix and matched with some rented PA equipment and some that is owned or borrowed. This could be the case, that a single borrowed or rented speaker could have been near a flash pot or other stage pyrotechnics during another concert when it was used last. That smell could be the scent that triggered the dogs to flag explosives.

Just a theory off the top of my head.

new topics

top topics

join