It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Swim in This River?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Jesus your brave! Jumping into the water of Lake Tarpon?? Thats insane, I only ever see gator city when I visit the park on the East side of it. Beautiful views, and love the deer that are always out inside the park.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Oh, H-E-double hockey sticks NO!!!

That seems like a lot of splash even for alligators, and never heard of any fish doing that, either!!! I don't know that I'd want to be in a BOAT in that river!!! What the heck?? Manatees don't do that, either; they are pretty cal as a rule.

Freaky!!!

Edit to add - for those claiming it's some sort of fish, acting in surprise, why would they thrash like that, instead of simply swimming away? If fish jumping, why don't we see them? That much splash from fish, they ought to be visible, right? No way it's manatee; they are too placid.

I do find the guy's expression interesting, though, but I won't say for certain he knows what caused this. Maybe, but maybe he just thinks it's cool. Will have to ask someone I know down there, and see what they think!
edit on 20-6-2017 by LadyGreenEyes because: adding comment instead of posting a second time

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

lol, yeah my gf always brags up the situation, I just about crapped my pants.

We do have some fun animals to hang with here as well.
This was a vid I made last year with some dolphins, it was filmed one-handed with my cellphone.
You still won't get me in the water with them. lol

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
dont seem like gators to me.
ive never seen them act like that

my grandparents moved to dunellon after living in crystal river for a while. the withlacoochee river was in their back yard. that water was dark like black coffee man. my dad and i used to jump off their dock and swim all the time. there were gators all through that water.
we would see them on a log sun bathing 25 or 50 feet out and we would still jump right in.
they never #ed with us.

the danger was water mochassins(sp)
if you saw one of those you got the hell out of the water.

ive never saw gators act like that. they did sound like bullfrogs though.

not manatees in that brackish water either.

im not an expert but definitely saying no to manatee and no to gator.
there are some pretty big channel cats in that water but i dont know if they can make that kind of fuss
edit on 20-6-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
dont seem like gators to me.
ive never seen them act like that

my grandparents moved to dunellon after living in crystal river for a while. the withlacoochee river was in their back yard. that water was dark like black coffee man. my dad and i used to jump off their dock and swim all the time. there were gators all through that water.
we would see them on a log sun bathing 25 or 50 feet out and we would still jump right in.
they never #ed with us.

the danger was water mochassins(sp)
if you saw one of those you got the hell out of the water.

ive never saw gators act like that. they did sound like bullfrogs though.

not manatees in that brackish water either.

im not an expert but definitely saying no to manatee and no to gator.
there are some pretty big channel cats in that water but i dont know if they can make that kind of fuss

Man you are right about the moccosins here, I like snakes, but these things are alien. They sit up and have situational awareness unlike any snake I have ever seen and guard dog their watering holes. They will come after 2 people and a rottweiler, no questions asked.

But alligators...
Famous last words right there.

You gotta see this....
"Fork that alligator"

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well, I did ask someone who's spent years in Florida, and is still there. He says he suspects "tomfoolery" with the video, as he's seen similar behavior from fish, but nothing that large. So, not something normal for the area, at any rate. This is someone who does fish, and knows what's in the waters down there.

Any video editors around that can see if there are signs of tampering in that regard? Now I am more curious! If the video looks legit, something weird is there.
edit on 20-6-2017 by LadyGreenEyes because: letter eating gremlins

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

it was for sure the mochassins you had to worry about.
not saying a gator would never take a piece out of you but we never saw it and we were not the only ones in that water.

we would canoe miles down that river sometimes. we would see a gator floating past us and a couple hundred feet down river would be a nice little spot and we would pull the canoes up and get out of the boat and jump in the water. saw a snake though and we booked it

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You know? We were canoeing and smoking...my wife and our girlfriend (yeah I know...it was the 60's I said)..and I went into the "jungle" so to speak with each (separately)...rolling around in the grass.

I had NEVER EVEN THOUGHT about alligators....and only YEARS LATER...did I realize how we couldve been bitten in spots best left...un-bitten..by SNAKES.

Ah..those 60's-70's at times are hazy...literally.....

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Roger on the moccasins.

Yeah, I agree, they aren't too bad really, it's just that one scenario where they catch you off guard.

Man, I couldn't believe the one that came up into the blind spot of a running jetski, It looked like a gd dinosaur.

I bet it was 12' long

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

"my wife and our girlfriend"

Nice, looks like you have a good one too.

Jealous, I'm too young for the sixties. That would be awesome to live through.

Yeah the snakes that creep me out come with buzzwords like necrotic tissue destruction.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Thats a pretty common occurrence in Florida to be honest. So is "My husband and our boyfriend" . In fact, I believe the latter is more common.

Either or sounds fun to me

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Haha, yep buncha' gd wild animals down here, I tells ya

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'd say it's a pretty neat hoax..

That...or Russians

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
With or without that activity, possibly fish? Nope would not. Took enough risks swimming in lakes, etc., even behind where I lived, to most always find the same commonly warned of concern. That eventually a gator, even alligator gar, would show up as the lakes, the rivers, the man made rock pits, commonly connected to canals that lead to the Everglades.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Looks like a bunch of large gas bubbles being released... The fact that the video only shows it happening once seems suspect...

That was my first impression too, and the grin on his face as he chucks the water. I get the impression it's a set up?

Just an impression. Never seen anything in water disrupt it like that, even whales dont cause such things without being seen.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Thats a pretty common occurrence in Florida to be honest. So is "My husband and our boyfriend" . In fact, I believe the latter is more common.

Either or sounds fun to me

eww not me. guess I'm old fashioned, or a prude or something. Or greedy. Intimacy isn't a three way, to me.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Hey! Have a new possibility! My Florida source has now suggested that this could be Arapaima; a large South and Central American fish, that breathes air, and, he says, fits the foliage and behaviors. Described as "figity".

So, not a fish one might expect, hence the smile, and the seemingly odd behavior!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Hey! Have a new possibility! My Florida source has now suggested that this could be Arapaima; a large South and Central American fish, that breathes air, and, he says, fits the foliage and behaviors. Described as "figity".

So, not a fish one might expect, hence the smile, and the seemingly odd behavior!

is florida in central or south america?

there are no arapaima in those waters

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

We swam with gators and snakes.. and all 3 of us ended up in a Coral Gables doctors office with crabs....

True story... I had a rock band and it's was the 60's-70's.. Hey... It was cool....

My x-wife used to spot the cuties before I did.... Peace, love, Nixon and little tiny combs (for the crabs).... Gosh I miss those days!!

edit on 21-6-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

I'd have to agree with Shamrock.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join