It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 giant cylinders flying in front of the moon - Official NASA picture from the Apollo 9 mission

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
During the 1969 Apollo 9 mission, astronauts orbitted earth for 10 days. The primary goal of the mission was to test the spacecraft with a crew onboard. Astronauts worked day and night to run these tests, but this did not stop them from taking a nice picture of earth or the moon.

One of these picture shows a strange anomaly. The picture was taken on the 10th of March and contained a shot of the moon. At first glance, nothing seems odd about this picture, but when we have a closer look and zoom in we can clearly see 3 giant cylinders in front of the moon. It's difficult to determine whether the object were actual cylinders or just fast moving objects (slow shutter speed perhaps?). The question is what these 3 object could be?

Was it something with the chemicals in the film? You can download the picture from NASA's website to do your own research. (see link below the video)

Link to Nasa image library

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SirBlackKnight

Pretty interesting. What ever it may be, it's freaking HUGE!

Cool find!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It is probably "ours" like the Solar Warden if this is real footage. I don't buy any of the NASA excuses. They are a fraud anyways and there sole purpose is publishing disinfo and to distract us.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Gary McKinnon who hacked into NASA Computers, claimed he saw photographs of " Large Cigar Shaped UFO's "

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
probally scratches in the film

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Yeah , makes more sense then motherships the size of your average continent.

edit on 20-6-2017 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I always wondered if they are real and not image glitches if it is possible they are large disc seen from the side?

Here is a Op from ATS member Arken related to the the topic also.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
see below
edit on 20-6-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
They're just marks. Could be giant motherships hovering over the moon. Could be scratches on the scan. Could be a reflection from the inside of the spacecraft. Could be anything.

My guess is that the photos immediately before and after this one don't show jack squat.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Could be a long exposure of some geese flying between the camera and the moon. The parallel lines are the giveaway.
edit on 20-6-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Could be a long exposure of some geese flying between the camera and the moon

Those geese would have to be flying at considerable altitude!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

If someone really has the time to go frame-by-frame through NASA footage (or my Dad's old home movies), you could find UFO's, ghosts, tooth-fairies...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Surely they are indentations on the film?

There is also an arc above the top right of these anomalies, which leads me to believe this is damage on the film.
They look like cut marks more than cigar shaped giant cylinder motherships out for a moon fly-by...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Space geese man, space geese. We see them all the time through our telescope. They migrate every year from Mars to Venus and stop to fuel up on our moon during the trip.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGreazel

indeed friend

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
To me it looks like maybe folds in the original photo . Maybe something to do with the processing of it . I applied some filters to try and get a better understanding of the photo.

Or maybe it's a pic of a fake moon :p

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I think you're right, the difference between the Moon edges and the edges of the "cylinders" makes me think you are right and that the "cylinders" are not part of the scene but something that happened physically to the photo

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Can I point out even if they are objects in the actual photo there's no way to tell their size. They could be really close and small or really far away and huge, or something in between.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
And they would be seen from Earth, too.....

With telescopes of any power

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
And they would be seen from Earth, too.....

With telescopes of any power

Exactly. The photo was taken with a handheld zoom lens out the window only a hundred miles from Earth, virtually the same observing conditions of, oh, a billion other people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join