It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Terrorist Attack at Brussels Train Station

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Not entirely true.

The only time pork is an option is when there is literally nothing else available.

Like when you're being starved and only offered pork.

As to the topic of torture...
I don't think many would have a problem with it, if it was a guaranteed terrorist.
I wouldn't.

It's the innocents that got caught up in Gitmo that caused the uproar.
& rightfully so...

We pride ourselves on our humanity, on our values that no one is less equal...
Torturing Ahmed because you had a hunch isn't humane.

Anyone who isn't a psychopath can work that out.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Haven't read it all yet just looking at the flaming picture. If he was neutralised after the bangs were heared, and was there to just blow himself up, how come this convenient picture was taking just as the "bang" happened, like someone was just waiting there on suicide snap watch. Dismiss if it's a dumb question, just popped into my mind
seems like a one in a million shot.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CuriousPaddy

It could just be a frame from a video, or someone took their phone out as the authorities approached him, figuring something was about to go down. With hundreds of people there, all with phones, I don't find it that difficult to believe. There's no way of knowing whether it went off as intended either, if the explosive fizzled and burned instead of actually detonating it wouldn't take great timing to get a shot of a fire.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Thanks mate

As the name says, just curious is all.a reply to: face23785

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Most of the time I would agree with you with that comment but not in this situation. If it was a failed terrorist attack i'm glad the Belgium authorities neutralized the threat before any innocent lives were lost. Sometimes people just need to be killed as bad as that sounds, what would him serving life in prison do for anyone at all.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: crazyewok

The whole pigs blood/guts/skin thing is stupid. Muslims are only forbidden (not all Muslims follow the same rules) to eat pork. Killing a Muslim with a bullet dipped in pigs blood doesn't make them think they aren't going to paradise.

Thank you. I keep seeing this being discussed as an option and it makes no sense. Even if it was considered to be some bar to achieving paradise (and I don't know if that is the case but assumed it wasn't) there would also doubtless be some theological exemption in the circumstances.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

There is two bottom lines...

1) it wouldn't stop a Muslim from entering paradise.

And more importantly...

2) these pieces of sh*t are not going to paradise in the first place.

It's a platitude at best.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Saying neutralised suggests he is dead, which is a shame cos we could have done with getting a few answers from the POS.

Do you seriously believe suicide bombers fear torture or death? That's some backwards logic right there.

Nothing wrong with the logic. It's one thing to psych yourself up to pressing a button, knowing that you will disappear in a cloud of pink mist before your brain has a chance to feel it. It's another thing entirely to face somebody with a pair of pliers and an unhealthy interest in your testicles.

Accepting death on your own terms does not mean you are unafraid of dying - or, more specifically, unafraid of the method someone else will choose for you to die.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

It could be argued that less educated Muslims, who are often tricked by the higher ups into becoming radicalized and sacrificing themselves for the cause, might not understand the distinction and be deterred by it. I'm not realistically advocating it, I'm just saying its not necessarily going to have no effect whatsoever just because of the technicality. Lots of people disagree about things within a religion, that's why religions break apart into different sects and denominations.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: EvillerBob

There is two bottom lines...

1) it wouldn't stop a Muslim from entering paradise.

And more importantly...

2) these pieces of sh*t are not going to paradise in the first place.

It's a platitude at best.

The thing is, like all the best sales pitches, it's about selling the sizzle not the steak. It doesn't matter what really happens next, only what the nutjob thinks will happen.

If he genuinely believes that this is a fast track ticket to the Rubber Dinghy Rapids, he's going to act as if it's true.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yeah I agree with you actually.

I've often said that most of these Muslims wouldn't know Islam from a pile of dog turd...

They believe what the cleric and preacher tell them to believe.
Half of them probably can't even read.

I wouldn't be opposed to burying them in pig sh*t, if it deters just one, it's worth it.
Like the last few, they're not likely to get an Islamic burial anyways.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

People might be pissy about that because there were innocent people being detained along with terrorists.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just learning of this story. Have there been any new developments?

Was he acting alone?
Was he known to the authorities already (as has been the case in most of these to date)?
Was it part of a group effort?
Are they raiding additional locations?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
The author of the foiled attack is Oussama Z., a morrocan national.
Know only for previous drug offences.
Police is now busy searching his home.

I commute daily to Brussels by train, this morning the Brussels central statiion was still unreachable when my train left aound 7.45 local time. At 8.30, it was announced that the station was open. Train traffic is taking place normally now. There is not much updates available about the outcome of the current police operations.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Just learning of this story. Have there been any new developments?

Was he acting alone?
Was he known to the authorities already (as has been the case in most of these to date)?
Was it part of a group effort?
Are they raiding additional locations?

Any western secret service to the terrorist, one hour before the alleged terror attack:
You have to wear that vest, backpack and be at that and that exact time at that and that exact spot, or else. Think of your family, think of your childs...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join