It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New study supports Trump: 5.7 million noncitizens may have cast illegal votes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

We didn't need the Times to confirm what we already know.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Konduit
It becomes pretty ironic when you realize that Canada, Germany and even third world countries like Uganda have tighter voter ID laws than the US.

Similar to the irony of how a lot of countries have the immigration policies we want to have but somehow they're not racist but we're racist for wanting them.

Australia, for example, don't give a # what you went through to get there, if you floated there on a raft from New Zealand half dead you're still going back.

Canada has a strict merit-based immigration system as well, which many Americans were educated about last November.

Dear Americans: Moving To Canada Is Hard

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

It becomes pretty ironic when you realize that Canada, Germany and even third world countries like Uganda have tighter voter ID laws than the US.

Similar to the irony of how a lot of countries have the immigration policies we want to have but somehow they're not racist but we're racist for wanting them.

Australia, for example, don't give a # what you went through to get there, if you floated there on a raft from New Zealand half dead you're still going back.

Canada has a strict merit-based immigration system as well, which many Americans were educated about last November.

BS.
The Government of Canada resettled more than 25,000 Syrian refugees between November 4, 2015 and February 29, 2016.
How is that anything like a strict merit based system?
Canada has sleeper cells now, just north of the American border, great news.
edit on 20-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

We shall have to agree to disagree. The numbers, no matter which way it proves out, are increasing. It needs attention now, if for no other reason that laws 'ignored' by our gov'ts are taken advantage of as witnessed by the very fact that these illegals being here voting in the first place. After all, it 'could' be worse for them in that they could just be booted out completely which would render the issue of their 'voting' passe.

edit on 20-6-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I really wish Canada would have relaxed it a bit to let all those scum in. We don't need em here.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

BS.
The Government of Canada resettled more than 25,000 Syrian refugees between November 4, 2015 and February 29, 2016

Please note that Canada does NOT accept single young males either. Families and women only. Gee, 'a civil rights' violation.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Please note that Canada does NOT accept single young males either. Families and women only. Gee, 'a civil rights' violation.

False.
Canada does let in single males.

HAMILTON — The federal government has not slammed the refugee door shut on single men who might want to come to Canada as part of its large Syrian resettlement program, the bureaucrat in charge of the effort said Thursday.

Link
www.huffingtonpost.ca...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Serious question to you our anyone else.

What would you find to be the most credible study on illegal voting?

I would be interested in reading it.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That's why I said one form that's needed. After that a social security card or student ID.
Any state I looked it up, California, Connecticut , D.C., Non citizens could get a license. Then I stopped looking and looked for something more encompassing. I found a study that forty states responded to.
In all forty that responded non citizens could get a license.
If you have license and one other form of ID and proof of residency then you can get a voter ID card.

But we want people to vote. We don't want to make it a pain to register like having to show a birth certificate.
I applied by mail. It was so long ago I don't really remember what I needed so...I looked that up too.
You can even apply on line.
You answer some questions and that's it.
I guess you could lie.

There's a big red warning on the page about providing fraudulent information and punishments for doing it.
Then there's a declaration that they will confirm your info with the DMV and ask you to provide your social security number. That brings up an online version of your signature . They will deny your request if you don't have a state issued ID and to get that need to prove where you live and have a birth certificate but still can be obtained by a non citizen but not legal aliens. They can't do anything without some form of ID.
You still need a green card to get a license. So I guess non citizens could vote but not illegals.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

There are no studies that are definitive.
That's part of the problem and why a proper investigation is a good thing - I think it will take some time, maybe even in to next year for Pence to come back with his findings.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The truth is we have a problem getting the folks who are legal to register and vote.
Maybe this past election will at least improve those numbers.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

A proper investigation wouldn't be run by a republican vice president.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Slow browser.
Damn neighbors stealing my bandwidth. Lol.
No not really.
edit on 6202017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

That's part of the problem and why a proper investigation is a good thing - I think it will take some time, maybe even in to next year for Pence to come back with his findings.

Oh I agree that an investigation is needed, and that no study would be definitive.

But surely there has to be some sort of study that is being referenced when people say illegal voting is not a big deal? So I was just wondering where people get this information.

Honestly I am open to reading it. I am not overly impressed with the study the OP has, although I think it makes many good points. So I thought a compare and contrast with a different study would be a good thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

A proper investigation wouldn't be run by a republican vice president.

Well it is being run by Pence and his findings will determine the changes that are required, of any.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Oh I agree that an investigation is needed, and that no study would be definitive.

But surely there has to be some sort of study that is being referenced when people say illegal voting is not a big deal? So I was just wondering where people get this information.

Honestly I am open to reading it. I am not overly impressed with the study the OP has, although I think it makes many good points. So I thought a compare and contrast with a different study would be a good thing.

Well if you find one, I want to read it too!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I don't have one, but I would like to see the methodology and raw data (where were these people voting) and something about the voting policies of each area and how they determined "Illegal" and what country they were from... and then I'd like to see it replicated.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

From the number of cases where it was proven true.
Very very few.
Not enough to steal an election.

How about someone who messes with the registration records of perfectly legal voters which results in their records being lost and them being denied the right to vote? The vote isn't online but registration records are.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

No his findings won't result in anything.
Each state runs their own election. Every four years we have fifty separate elections to determine the president not one national one.
The federal government won't have any input
Any changes in voter registration would to be up to each state.
There are no federal rules each state must abide by.
There are state rules. So no his findings won't mean a thing.
Sorry.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Federal elections might have to have federal rules at some time in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join